Because Labradors have been bred to be athletic and fast, so they will enjoy playing fetch or catching a frisbee. These active dogs might also enjoy a rousing game of tug o’ war or even playing hide and seek with a favorite toy! Here are our favorite toys to keep Labradors happy and healthy!
Best Dog Toys for Labrador Retrievers
Here are our Labrador Retriever dog toy reviews.
From teething dogs to aggressive chewers, the Eastblue toys can keep a solitary Labrador engaged and are also fun for play! The Eastblue tornado dog toy can also help release a dog’s extra energy. Eastblue is especially designed to release a dog’s anxiety and boredom.
- Eastblue is made of durable natural rubber which is non-toxic and harmless.
- The bumps and grooves massage gums and clean teeth.
- Eastblue bounces and rolls and makes the games exciting for Labradors.
AMZ Pets comes with seven secure rope toys especially made for breeds like Labradors. These toys encourage playfulness and help reduce anxiety. These toys are recommended from puppies on to senior dogs!
- The high quality cotton rope is perfect for teething dogs.
- This package contains a tug of war rope, ball, rope dog chew toy and cotton rope toys with knots.
- Designed to be a stress reliever.
The Pelay toys are made to encourage bonding between the pet and the owner. This interactive dog toy can help the dog’s sensitivity training and behavior training. And, the treat dispensing ball is made of non-toxic natural rubber.
- Easy to clean, simply use soap and water.
- Massages the gums and helps clean the teeth.
- Side slots and a hollow center allow you to put in snacks or other small treats.
Squeak balls are designed to keep your Labradors engaged for hours. The durable rubber body stands up to extensive chewing. And, the textured pattern makes it easier to grip.
- The squeaking sound provides hours of entertainment.
- Nerf Dog are made of 100% non-toxic, BPA-free and FDA approved materials.
- The Nerf-quality materials make this toy lightweight and durable.
Labradors really require interactivity. Starmark toys have been leading the design for pet toys for years. All their products are developed by experts and tested by thousands of dogs at the Starmark Academy Animal Behavior Center.
- The large bottom chamber fits up to 2 cups of food.
- Adjustable openings at the top and bottom accommodate most types of dog food.
- Weighted anti-slip bottom makes the toy wobble erratically, enhancing play.
Labrador Retriever Dog Toy Buyer’s Guide
Labradors are exceptionally energetic and active dogs! They require daily exercise and stimulation. If they do not receive this, they may exhibit behavior issues or get stressed or anxious. When shopping for a Labrador toy, it’s important to look for a few features that will help engage your pet for hours and also create bonding time between you both! Here are a few elements we recommend you consider when looking for a toy.
Look for toys that are made of natural or non-toxic materials, because your pet will mostly play with his or her mouth! In ropes, look for products that are made with natural cotton. This cotton will not cause harm or injury to your pet. If you are looking at rubber toys, especially toys that invite you to add treats, look for non-toxic natural rubber products. If plastic, look for toys that are BPA free.
Engaging or interactive
Toys that are engaging or interactive will be key when selecting one for your Labrador. Toys like ropes can create a bond between you and your pet, but they can also engage your pet independently. Toys like this can also curb excessive chewing or reroute destructive behavior.
Consider toys that have squeaking elements (but be sure the stitching is strong!) or have a place where you can store treats to entertain your labrador when you are away.
Stands up to aggressive chewing
Labradors have strong jaws and can disassemble a toy that is not made of quality stitching or materials. Look for toys, especially if you have a puppy or young labrador, that say they can withstand aggressive chewing. This will keep your puppy safe from injury, and prevent your pet from choking on the material.
Labradors can get dirty with their toys and spit, so look for toys that are easy to wash! Toys that can be cleaned with soap and water or put on a gentle cycle in the washing machine are best!
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Puppy Food for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Crate for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Bed for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Brush for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Collar for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Harness for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Labrador Retrievers