Best Dog Toys for Mastiffs
Here are our dog toys for Mastiffs reviews.
1. KONG Extreme Dog Toy
The KONG Extreme Dog Toy is a hugely popular chew, chase and fetch toy for large dogs. Made from the toughest natural rubber, this toy can also be filled with treats or peanut butter for a rewarding challenge.
- Helps prevent boredom, chewing and anxiety
- Unpredictable bounce for fun fetch games
- Size XXL recommended for Mastiffs
2. Monster K9 Ultra-Durable Chew Toy
The Ultra-Durable Chew Toy by Monster K9 Dog Toys is a virtually indestructible natural rubber chew toy for large breeds, such as Mastiffs. This ring-shaped toy is perfect for chew, fetch or tug-of-war play.
- 100% non-toxic
- Will not splinter or puncture
- Tested by aggressive chewers and large dogs
3. Pet Qwerks Dinosaur BarkBone
The Pet Qwerks Dinosaur BarkBone is a tough, durable chew toy made from FDA-compliant nylon. This bone toy is flavored with real bacon or steak for hours of chewing.
- Non-toxic material
- Great for teeth and gums
- Long-lasting bone for aggressive chewers
4. Chuckit! Ultra Ball
The Chuckit! Ultra Ball will get your Mastiff moving with its super bouncy, waterproof, lightweight design. This squeaky ball is compatible with the Chuckit! Ball Launcher for high-energy games of fetch.
- Squeaky sounds entice play
- Brightly-colored to find easily
- Textured surface and thick rubber core
5. Mammoth Flossy Chews Rope Tug
The Mammoth Flossy Chews Rope Tug is perfect if you want to play tug with your Mastiff, or you have two dogs that want to play tug-of-war together. As a bonus, the rope fibers floss your dog’s teeth as he plays.
- Premium cotton blend rope fibers
- Can also be used to play fetch
- Three solid knots on 36” rope
Dog Toys for Mastiffs Buyer’s Guide
Choosing toys for your Mastiff is important as they will provide him fun, healthy and satisfying opportunities for play. Play is highly important for all dogs, but Mastiffs in particular, as they can often be somewhat laid-back. Mastiffs love to chew on durable bones and toys, but these highly sociable dogs also love to play with their pet parents. So, choose toys that you can play with together. High quality, engaging and challenging toys are not expensive, so choose a wide variety to keep your Mastiff interested over time.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog toys for Mastiffs on the market so you can choose the right ones for your dog. The following are considerations when choosing dog toys for your Mastiff and will help you choose which features you need for your dog’s toys.
Ultimately, the most important consideration for your Mastiff’s toys are durability. Your dog’s impressive jaws can do damage to many materials, so make sure you choose a toy that is long-lasting and able to withstand aggressive chewing. Materials such as natural rubber, nylon and thick rope are best. Do not choose stuffed toys, or toys that can crack easily as your Mastiff will easily destroy them.
Most toys are designed in several sizes for different breeds, so always check to make sure the toy is large enough for your Mastiff. Your dog will easily tear apart toys that are too soft, too small or have small parts, making them dangerous choking hazards. Materials should always be non-toxic, especially rubber. Be sure your toy does not have any sharp edges or the potential to splinter. A Mastiff’s powerful jaws can separate branches and crush cans, so make sure your toys are made from safe materials that will not break apart.
Method of Play
It’s true that Mastiffs generally prefer toys that are made to chew, but don’t be afraid to try other toys that will get him moving and that you can play with together. Your dog might love to chase, tug, search, fetch or simply run. Each Mastiff is different. So, consider his personality when choosing a toy. Giving your Mastiff some exercise beyond his daily walk will satisfy him mentally and strengthen the human-animal bond that is created with play.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Mastiffs
- Best Puppy Food for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Crate for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Bed for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Brush for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Collar for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Harness for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Mastiffs