Norwegian Elkhounds belong to the hound family and have been used for hunting moose in Norway. It is seen that they are the descendants of the Northern Spitz, who were used as herding and guarding dogs, so these dogs have a protective nature towards their family. Since Norwegian Elkhounds have the capability to serve multiple purposes, they like having a diverse training and playing routine as well.
We know that this encourages you to buy more and more dog toys for your Norwegian Elkhound, but you are confused as to what are the best toys that the market has for your Norwegian Elkhound. Well, we decided that we should review some of the most suitable toys so that you get an idea of how you have to go about this.
Best Dog Toys for Norwegian Elkhounds
Here are our dog toys for Norwegian Elkhounds reviews.
Chuckit! Ultra Rubber Ball Tough Dog Toy is ideal for fetching games, which your Norwegian Elkhound generally loves to play. The design of this ball is such that it offers endless fun with its erratic bounce. Since this ball’s core is made using a high-density rubber, you should not fear if it will get punctured upon hitting a pointed surface.
- Comes in a vivid color to improve its visibility
- Great for exercise sessions as well
- Available in various sizes
All Kind Squeaky Football Dog Toy is created for fetching games. The unique thing regarding this toy is its built-in squeaker, and its squeaky bounce increases your Norwegian Elkhound’s excitement exponentially. Therefore, it is a great way to help your Norwegian Elkhound become satisfied with his playing sessions.
- Textured in a unique way to helps your Norwegian Elkhound hold the ball better and have more fun
- Made using a high-quality rubber
- Can be used for daily exercise sessions
KONG Floppy Knots Dog Toy is a uniquely designed plush toy that has a soft yet durable exterior. The interior of this toy has knotted ropes to make it give a natural feeling. You can ideally use this floppy-designed toy for thrashing, which is often loved by a Norwegian Elkhound.
- Features built-in squeakers
- Has a textured surface to double the fun
- Has minimal stuffing to avoid any mess
Frisco Squeaking TPR Ball Dog Toy is the pawfect fetching toy for your Norwegian Elkhound, which generally enjoys an active playing session. The structure of the ball is such that it has an erratic bounce. Since the ball has built-in squeakers, it makes the playing sessions much more fun.
- The unique texture massages your Norwegian Elkhound’s gums.
- Helps in reducing boredom
- Ideal for training sessions
Nylabone DuraChew Dinosaur Dog Toy is ideal for providing your Norwegian Elkhound with a chew toy, as these dogs might find the desire to chew excessively at times. So, you can consider this toy since it is made using nylon and is designed to have an enticing chicken flavor.
- A great teething toy due to its unique texture
- Can be used as a fetching toy too
- Help keep your Norwegian Elkhound engaged.
Dog Toys for Norwegian Elkhounds Buyer’s Guide
Norwegian Elkhounds are pretty demanding when it comes to making the arrangements for a training and playing session. So, you have to diversify your selection of toys. On average, a Norwegian Elkhound would like to have at least a 30-minute workout twice a day. Adding the right toys in these sessions help you make a better relationship with your Norwegian Elkhound.
So, your selection of toys has to be optimized. Well, this optimization is only possible once you start to judge your choices in terms of the relevant factors which make a toy more likely to catch the attention of a Norwegian Elkhound. We have discussed those factors in our buyer’s guide, so it would be beneficial for you if you give them a quick read.
The size of a toy is a crucial factor for catching the attention of your Norwegian Elkhound. Since these hounds are medium-sized and are generally more interested in hunting big game, a small toy might not be much intriguing for them. A large or typically a medium-sized toy is generally better for these dogs. It is also true that small toys have a greater risk of choking your Norwegian Elkhound, so it is better that you choose those toys which align well with your Norwegian Elkhound.
While picking the toys for your Norwegian Elkhound, it is preferable to restrict yourself to certain types of toys, as that would help you minimize the chances of wasting your money. These toy types mainly depend upon your Norwegian Elkhounds temperament. Since Norwegian Elkhounds have a stronger prey drive, it is better if you pick those toys which would help you control them from exhibiting negative behavior.
These are mainly fetching toys and chew toys because they help you divert their attention and indulge them more in a playing session. Fetching toys completely consumes your Norwegian Elkhound and help them work on their muscles. You can also use attention-grabbing puzzle toys, which uses positive reinforcement to teach brain-muscle coordination to your Norwegian Elkhound. All these toy types are primarily suitable for your Norwegian Elkhound, and a selection done in the light of these judgments is usually apt.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Norwegian Elkhounds
- Best Training Book for Norwegian Elkhounds