Are you looking for dog toys for your Pomeranian but don’t know where to start in the thousands of options available to you? There is a wide variety of toys to choose from and they all have their own purposes or benefits. When buying a dog toy you should always keep in mind that your Pomeranian’s mouth size isn’t big so be sure the toys have a corresponding size.
Below are the top five recommended dog toy for Pomeranians and each one will have a short item description to convince you why you want to buy that toy. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various dog toys out there.
Best Dog Toys for Pomeranians
Here are our Pomeranian dog toy reviews.
The Benebone Wishbone For Aggressive Chewers Dog Toy is made to be durable but soft on your Pomeranian’s mouth while they help their teeth come in. It is infused with real meats to further entice your dog to chew on it, instead of other more important things. The wishbone design allows them an easy hold while they chew.
- Durable but not uncomfortable on their mouths
- Infused with real meat for a flavor your Pomeranian will love
- Designed to make holding it easier while they chew
The Outward Hound Squirrel Interactive Dog Toy is made from the best materials to ensure the toy will last for a long time without needing replacement. It includes a few squeaky toy squirrels and a tree trunk that you hide them in for your Pomeranian to find. Even if your Pomeranian has no interest in the puzzle, they will love the squeaky toys.
- Best materials are used in both the squeaky toys and the tree trunk
- The squirrels have squeakers in them to entice your dog into finding them
- Even if your dog doesn’t care for the puzzle they’ll love the squeaky toys
The Multipet Lambchop Plush Dog Toy is made from quality materials for a sturdy dog toy for your Pomeranian. That being said it is not for aggressive chewers or teething puppies as it isn’t that sturdy. The toy is soft to the touch and has a squeaker that your Pomeranian will love.
- Quality materials combine into the high quality dog toy
- Not for chewers or puppies still in chewing phase
- Soft and comfy with a squeaker for play time
The SHARLOVY Squeaky Dog Toy Pack is made with less stuffing to make clean up if your Pomeranian shreds it easier on you. The crinkle sounds it makes have the same effect as a squeaker on your Pomeranian. All six of the toys have actual squeakers as well as the crinkle filling for your dog’s enjoyment.
- Less stuffing in the toy makes for an easier clean up
- Crinkle material inside replaces stuffing and excites your dog
- All the toys have squeakers for your Pomeranian’s enjoyment
The EETOYS Treat Ball Dog Toy is made from completely safe rubber, no toxic ingredients were used in its making for your Pomeranian’s safety. You put the food kibbles or treats into the ribbed edges of the ball and it slows your dog down as they eat for fewer choking hazards. The edges also promote your Pomeranian’s dental health, as they chew they wear away at the excess plaque and tartar that builds up on their teeth.
- Rubber is completely non toxic for a safe chew toy
- Put food or treats into edges and watch your dog get them out
- Edges clean the teeth of your Pomeranian, reducing build ups of tartar and plaque
Pomeranian Dog Toy Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different types of toys on the market for your Pomeranian to enjoy. Among the thousands to choose from there are Teething, Squeaky, Fetch, Dental, Interactive and Treat Dispensing among many others. Now we shall go into these toys and why you would want them for your Pomeranian.
If you have an aggressive chewing Pomeraian then buying teething toys are your best bet to keep them off your shoes or other things you don’t want chewed up. Most teething toys are made with non toxic materials, but it is always a good idea to check the list of materials, just to be sure. Some are scented or flavored for your Pomeranian’s enjoyment, while others are made like deer antler sheds with the natural scent being its only one.
The squeaky toy speaks for itself on why you would want it, the sound immediately gets most dog’s attention and incites your Pomeranian to play. When buying a squeaky toy keep in mind that your Pomeranian may dig the squeaker out and if that happens you have to confiscate the toy for your dog’s safety.
Fetch toys were the first ones made, with sticks being the original toy for dogs. This later expanded to balls and frisbees. Today there are thousands of different versions of these toys and most of them serve the purpose of getting your Pomeranian up and moving at play time.
If your Pomeranian has bad breath or a build up of plaque or tartar on their teeth then this is the toy you should be looking into. The dental toys are made to remove bad odors in their mouth while rubbing off the excess plaque, or other bad things that can cling to their teeth, as they chew.
Interactive toys come in a wide range of looks and purposes. It is said that buying your Pomeranian interactive toys can help them later in life with critical thinking and higher intelligence. Some are puzzle toys with a tasty treat at the end, while others have you hide a toy in a bigger area to have them hunt it out. The main point of interactive toys is to boost your Pomeranian’s intelligence.
Treat Dispensing toys are exactly what the name says. You put treats or in some cases your Pomeranian’s food in the toy and the pup can play with it until it releases their food. There are some of these toys made to hold an entire meal of food, making your Pomeranian’s dinner time much more fun for them.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Pomeranians
- Best Dog Crate for Pomeranians
- Best Dog Bed for Pomeranians
- Best Dog Brush for Pomeranians
- Best Dog Collar for Pomeranians
- Best Dog Harness for Pomeranians
- Best Dog Muzzle for Pomeranians
- Best Dog Shampoo for Pomeranians