Portuguese Water Dogs are known to have their origins in Portugal, where Fishermen used them for retrieving fishes. Since ancient times, these dogs love to retrieve and are even known for having fantastic swimming skills. Keeping these characteristics in mind, you have to pick up some dog toys when you bring in this dog as your pet.
You must be curious to know more about the toys which will possibly be the best ones in this regard. Well, to help you, we reviewed some of them and decided to share our reviews with you.
Best Dog Toys for Portuguese Water Dogs
Here are our dog toys for Portuguese Water Dogs reviews.
1. Chuckit! Ultra Rubber Ball Tough Dog Toy
Chuckit! Ultra Rubber Ball Tough Dog Toy is one of the best bouncy toys which you can bring for your Portuguese Water Dog. This toy is not only the right choice for playing on land, but it can also be an excellent fetching toy for your Portuguese Water Dog when he is in the pool, swimming. Chuckit! doubles the fun your doggie is having in his playtime.
- Features a core that is made using an extra-thick rubber
- Has great bouncing capabilities
- Has a color, so vibrant, that it is hard to misplace it
2. KONG Aqua Dog Toy
KONG has aptly designed this Aqua dog toy while keeping the interest of your Portuguese Water Dog in their mind. It is a great floating retrieval toy that is known to double the fun which your pet pal has in its swimming sessions. It has been made using a foam core that helps it in floating seamlessly.
- Can be chewed even, so it is an excellent toy for a chewer like Portuguese Water Dog
- Attached to a long rope which opens the door for a power-packed fetching games
- Available in two distinct sizes
3. Petstages Orka Tire Tough Dog Chew Toy
Petstages have designed their Orka Tire Tough Dog Chew Toy and have been aptly designed to fulfill the chewing desires of your Portuguese Water Dog. This dog toy has been made using a durable synthetic rubber that does not contain any toxic material. Your Portuguese Water Dog would live chewing this toy for hours without ever getting bored.
- Features a textured surface that massages your Portuguese Water Dog’s gums
- Can even float and bounce
- Features a robust, one-piece construction
4. Booda Soft Bite Tail Spin Flyer Flying Disc Dog Toy
Booda has created this Soft Bite Tail Spin Flyer Flying Disc Dog Toy, which flies with maximum buoyancy and floats boundlessly. This durable fetch toy is quite easier on your Portuguese Water Dog’s teeth and gums and is also a highly interactive toy. It is also an excellent accessory for the exercise sessions of your Portuguese Water Dog.
- Its is a tough, yet pliable toy
- Prevents boredom
- Made using nylon and PVC
5. Ruff Dawg Indestructible Dawg Nut Chew Toy
Ruff Dawg has introduced a sturdy chewing solution for the chewing related cravings of your Portuguese Water Dog, in the form of its Indestructible Dawg Nut Chew Toy. This toy is made using an FDA-approved rubber and is known well for its durability. It rests gently on your Portuguese Water Dog’s teeth and gums while he chews his heart out.
- Available in various sizes
- Can even bounce and float
- Lacks all sorts of toxic materials such as latex, phthalate, or BPA
Dog Toys for Portuguese Water Dog Buyer’s Guide
Portuguese Water Dogs are among the playful breeds. These dogs like having a thirty to sixty minutes exercise session daily, and if you do not meet their level, they will become destructive and practice negative behavior. To avoid all that, it is essential to add a versatile set of toys that helps you in keeping them indulged deeply. Now the question which arises here is regarding the toys which specifically make your Portuguese Water Dog happy.
We reviewed only those dog toys, which satisfy the fun requirement of your Portuguese Water Dog. Wondering how we did this? Well, we suggest you read our buyer’s guide in detail, as we have discussed the significant specifications we looked for in each toy before claiming it as our preferred toy.
You should buy those dog toys that are neither too large to scare your Portuguese Water Dog, nor they are too small, that your Portuguese Water Dog swallows them while chewing them and get choked. Since these dogs are medium-sized, their toy must complement their size. It should be of a size that perfectly fits between the jaws of these dogs if they hold it in their mouth.
Since the Portuguese Water Dogs are water dogs, as their name suggests, and have been used for retrieving purposes since ancient times, it is better to bring in some water toys at your place, that will help these dogs to stay active and avoid them getting bored. The Portuguese Water Dogs are also known to be hardy chewers, so it is vital to buy plenty of chew toys because if you do not do that, these dogs might end up chewing furniture or might even chew their bed. So, the best choice for your Portuguese Water Dog would be those toys that are great for water retrieval games and are even safe to chew.
You must check if the toy which you are picking is phthalate, latex, and BPA-free. It will be best if they have an approval certification by some of the recognized organizations such as the FDA. If a toy does not go with the guidelines above, it is better to avoid it and switch to other toys.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Puppy Food for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Portuguese Water Dogs
- Best Training Book for Portuguese Water Dogs