Saint Bernards don’t need a lot of exercise, however they do need some to prevent excess weight gain. Training your Saint Bernard while they are young is important and using toys as rewards and training implements can be a fun way to get them to listen. We looked at the best toys for your Saint Bernard with these things in mind.
Best Dog Toys for Saint Bernards
Here are our reviews for the best dog toys for Saint Bernards.
Gucho’s chew ring is a multifunctional toy and tool that is great for a Saint Bernard. The ring can be used to help with tartar control, teething, training, and preventing unwanted chewing on other surfaces. Made of industrial strength natural rubber it is designed to last, yet it’s soft enough on your dog’s teeth that it won’t do any harm.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Able to add peanut butter, cheese spread, etc. between the ridges for a treat
- Mentally and physically stimulating for your dog
Jolly Pets’ Tug-N-Toss is a unique over-sized ball that is designed to be punctured without deflating. The durable signature JollyFlex material bounces and floats, making it great for chase, carry, tug, and swim. Your Saint Bernard will have hours of fun playing with this toy by themselves, with another dog, or with you.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Company provides toys to shelter dogs
- X-Large size is made especially for dogs over 90lbs
ZippyPaws’ interactive tug toy is a great toy for your Saint Bernard to play tug with you or with one of his canine friends. The Monkey RopeTugz is made to last, crafted with the same rope that rock climbers use. ZippyPaws puts a lot of thought and care into their toys, each one is created from a hand-drawn illustration and brought to life for your dog to enjoy.
- Soft plush center
- Squeaker to initiate natural play instinct
- Company run by a father and daughter team
Kong’s Classic Dog Toy is generally just referred to as a Kong, that’s how popular and well-known it is. Kongs are great for dogs of all breeds and sizes. Fill it with a variety of items to give your Saint Bernard a yummy treat or freeze one to keep them engaged even longer.
- Unpredictable bounce adds fun to a game of fetch
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Recommended by veterinarians, trainers, and dog owners
The Biscuit Ball dog toy is another one of the great products from Kong. This ball was created to be durable enough to last through long sessions of chewing, chasing and playing. You can stuff multiple areas of the ball with your Saint Bernard’s favorite treats to stimulate them mentally as well as physically.
- Made in U.S.A.
- Kong has been creating dog toys for over 40 years
- Great for boredom and teething
Dog Toys for Saint Bernards Buyer’s Guide
With so many dog toys to choose from, our buying guide reviews the best dog toys for your Saint Bernard to keep them entertained, while also making them use their brains at times.
There are so many different materials used in the making of dog toys and it really depends on the type of dog toy. Saint Bernards are large dogs and though they are mostly docile, they are powerful just due to their size, so you’ll want to ensure that their toys are made of durable materials such as natural rubber, heavy duty nylon, or cotton.
Dog toys come in a wide variety of types, and we can’t focus on them all here, but there are fetch toys, tug toys, chew toys, puzzle solving toys, etc. Since Saint Bernards don’t need a lot of exercise, and in fact you need to be careful that they don’t overdo it, we looked at toys that they can play with in place as well. In addition, it’s important that you have toys for your Saint Bernard that entertain them, get them moving, but also provide mental stimulation.
When it comes to sizing, you want to make sure that your Saint Bernard’s toys are at least big enough for them, you don’t want them swallowing and choking on a toy that’s too small. Many toys come in a variety of sizes, but you’ll also want to ensure that the toys are sized properly based on their weight and bite power.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Saint Bernards
- Best Puppy Food for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Crate for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Bed for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Brush for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Collar for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Harness for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Muzzle for Saint Bernards
- Best Dog Shampoo for Saint Bernards
- Best Training Book for Saint Bernards