Scottish Terriers are among the lovable and affectionate dogs whom you may have pet ever. These dogs are highly devoted to their master’s family and love to play with them. The Scottish Terriers are even great at shorter walks that you can take them for; however, you should know that these dogs require only a low level of exercise every day, so it is better to make them more dynamic by adding new toys in them.
The Scottish Terrier is an intelligent breed and can get bored quickly, so it is better to bring a more interactive and engaging toy. Now, we know that it is not easy for you to pick the right toy for your Scottish Terrier, that is why we reviewed some of the best dog toys for Scottish Terriers for you.
Best Dog Toys for Scottish Terriers
Here are our dog toys for Scottish Terriers reviews.
1. Frisco Colorful Squeaking Ball Dog Toy
If you wanted to add a little excitement in your Scottish Terrier’s playing sessions, Frisco’s colorful squeaking ball dog toy is a great option. This ball comes with built-in squeakers, which makes the playing sessions dynamic. The ball has been designed to be non-abrasive, so it is pretty easy for your Scottish Terrier to hold it between his jaws.
- Gentle on gums and teeth if your Scottie
- A good option for indoor as well as outdoor playing sessions
- Reduces boredom
2. KONG Scrunch Knots Raccoon Dog Toy
If you were looking for a dog toy to satisfy your Scottish Terrier’s instincts, then KONG Scrunch Raccoon Knots Dog Toy is one of the most realistic dog toys you can get. This dog toy has a soft stretchable material and features built-in squeakers to make your Scottie’s playtime much more fun.
- Contains an internal coiled rope that is covered with a soft plush material
- The internal knots satisfies your pet pal
- Makes your doggie more excited
3. ZippyPaws Loopy Hedgehog Squeaker Dog Toy
ZippyPaws has beautifully designed this soft plush dog toy for your Scottish Terrier, which has built-in squeakers to prevent boredom. This dog toy comes with six large squeakers, which multiplies the fun your Scottie usually has during his playtime.
- Does not contain any stuffing
- Long-lasting and durable
- Features a cute hedgehog design
4. Chuckit! Indoor Ball Dog Toy
Chuckit! Indoor Ball Dog Toy has been specially designed for those Scottish Terriers who usually stay indoors and like playing games that only require lesser movement. This softball dog toy is great for snuggling and for any late-night fetching games you wish to have with your Scottish Terrier.
- Made using chenille fabric
- Features a softer bounce due to its Bounceflex Core Technology
- Has a multilayer design to add durability
5. Multipet Lamb Chop Squeaky Plush Dog Toy
Multipet Lamb Chop Squeaky Plush Dog toy is a multi-purpose dog toy that is ideal for indoor fetching games, cuddling, and a lot more. This toy is a perfect choice for interactive playtime, as it is even a viable option for chewing.
- Features internal squeakers
- Available in various sizes
- Prevents boredom
Dog Toys for Scottish Terrier Buyer’s Guide
The selection of a toy for your Scottish Terrier is significantly dependent upon his temperament and his likes and dislikes. The Scottish Terriers have shorter legs so, they cannot run much longer distances. You have to keep your pet pal’s physical abilities in your mind while choosing a dog toy for them.
We reviewed some of those dog toys that are highly suitable for your Scottish Terrier, and are known to go well with them. You must be thinking of what we checked in these toys, so there were certain aspects based on which we based our evaluation. If you want to be better at picking toys for your Scottish Terrier, we suggest you read our buyer’s guide.
After evaluating the characteristics and temperament of Scottish Terriers, we can say that toys that require strenuous work should be avoided. For instance, you must not by tugging toys for a Scottish Terrier. The purchase of any wrestling toy should also be avoided. The Scottish Terriers love to swim. Their shorter legs do not allow them to do so; thus, they will end up drowning if they ever get into that pool. Therefore, you should avoid buying water toys too. You can bring some stuffing-free plush dog toy, or a squeaky ball, as Scottish Terriers love to play with Squeaking balls. You can even bring in some stuffed toys too, as your Scottish Terrier find them great for cuddling.
The material that is being used to make the dog toy for your Scottish Terrier must be durable and long-lasting so that there is a lesser mess if you bring in a stuffed toy.
The Size of the dog toy that you are buying for your Scottish Terrier must be compatible with his jaw sizes. A toy that is too large will make it impossible for your Scottish Terrier to play his heart out. Furthermore, a toy that is too small will choke these dogs. So, it is better if you buy a moderately sized dog toy for your Scottish Terrier.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Scottish Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Scottish Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Scottish Terriers
- Best Training Book for Scottish Terriers