Having a mind of their own, training your Sussex Spaniel could be a challenge for you. In a position like that, dog toys prove to be the last resort. An excellent companion for humans, this sensitive breed couldn’t stand being alone for long hours, and majority of this sporting breed faces separation anxiety which may trigger destructive behavior among them.
Getting a suitable toy for them can divert the attention of your Sussex Spaniel from solitude while you go for work. However, the owners have some obvious doubts about a suitable toy for their Spaniel regarding safety, endurance and utility. Taking your possible queries into consideration, we have laid out some of the best dog toys for your Sussex Spaniel.
Best Dog Toys for Sussex Spaniels
Here are our dog toys for Sussex Spaniel reviews.
1. KONG Cozie Marvin the Moose Plush Dog Toy
Available in two different sizes, the KONG Cozie Marvin the Moose Plush Dog Toy is a perfect pick for your Sussex Spaniel at every stage. It is extra tough befitting your sporting breed dog. This plush toy is a cuddlesome and adorable choice for your Sussex Spaniel.
- Controlled mess at your home because of minimal filling.
- Stimulates excitement by squeaking
- With added layers for better endurance.
2. Nylabone Durachew Dental Chew Chicken Flavored Dinosaur Dog Chew Toy
The urge of your Sussex Spaniel to chew can be easily satisfied by Nylabone DuraChew Dental Chew Chicken Flavored Dinosaur Dog Chew Toy. It does not only keep your Sussex Spaniel from loneliness, but its exclusive texture is also suitable for their dental care. Adding on to that, it’s savory chicken flavor tempts your pet.
- Prevents destructive chewing
- Massages their gums, cleans teeth and reduces tartar
- Recommended by veterinarians.
3. Outward Hound Hide A Squirrel Squeaky Puzzle Plush Dog Toy
This amusing hide and seek game is an apt choice for your Sussex Spaniel. The Outward Hound Hide a Squirrel Squeaky Puzzle Plush Dog Toy is available in four different sizes from junior to ginormous suiting you Sussex Spaniel at every life stage. The larger the size, the larger the number of squirrels following more fun.
- Junior, Large and Jumbo comes with 3 squirrels
- Ginormous has 6 squirrels
- Squeaky squirrels along with a tough plush tree trunk making it durable.
4. Trixie Activity Flip Board Activity Strategy Game Dog Toy
One of the clever choices for enhancing the intellect of your Sussex Spaniel, the Trixie Activity Flip Board Activity Strategy Game Dog Toy provides a perfect reward for your pet’s wit. The compartments let you set the difficulty level for your Sussex Spaniel. All you need to do is hide your dog’s favourite kibbles in the compartments and then watch them unveil their reward using their insight.
- A challenge puzzle game for curious dogs
- Rubber feet for better stability
- Easy cleaning with a dishwasher.
5. Starmark Everlasting Treat Bento Ball Tough Dog Chew Toy
The Sussex Spaniels are hunters by nature and this Treat Bento Ball fosters their natural instinct to prey. The Starmark Everlasting Treat Bento Ball Tough Dog Chew Toy prevents your Sussex Spaniel from destructive behavior. Stuff the ball with your pet’s favourite kibbles and keep them from getting bored.
- Comes with a chicken flavored treat
- Does not contain latex, vinyl and phthalates
- Highly-durable material
Dog Toys For Sussex Spaniels Buyer’s Guide
The highly endured Sussex Spaniels require 20-30 minutes of exercise daily in order to prevent them from getting overweight. Though they can easily gain weight, their energetic temperament makes them an excellent sporting breed. A balanced diet and an adequate amount of exercise can control their weight gaining tendency. Dog toys can prove to be an amazing solution to stimulate their urge to exercise and also to keep them engaged while they’re alone. One should consider the following factors before going on a search for a perfect dog toy for Sussex Spaniels.
Although dog toys are pretty overpriced sometimes, that does not mean it is the end of the line. You can still find a budget-friendly and well-endured toy for your Sussex Spaniel with a bit of exploration. One can also avail the offered discounts by the respective sellers.
Belonging to the sporting breed, Sussex Spaniels can be quite rough on their toys. Therefore, we advise you to go with tough and durable toys. If you’re choosing a plush toy, take care that it has an extra layer of material with high durability. Further, puzzle games are also appropriate for this intelligent breed.
There is a decent number of choices when it comes to dog toys for Sussex Spaniels.
Chew toys – Appropriate for young as well as adult Sussex Spaniels for better growth of teeth and satisfying their urge to chew respectively. It also cleans their teeth and reduces tartar.
Plush toys – These delicate soft toys may not be suitable for Sussex Spaniels as they belong to the sporting breed but you can go for the plush toys with less stuffing and extra layered and durable materials.
Fetch Toys – Stimulating the hunting tendency of Sussex Spaniels, fetch toys are a perfect choice for them.
Interactive toys – The interactive toys are an apt choice for your Sussex Spaniel enhancing their intelligence. These witty species are best suited to the interactive toys. However, you must take care that you don’t leave them alone while they’re engaged with these toys as it may prove to be destructive.
One must take safety precautions before presenting their young Sussex Spaniel with tough toys. Though they can be left alone with soft plush toys or chew toys that would not cause any harm to them, the tough and hard toys should be followed with some precautions.
The size requirement for puppies and adult Sussex Spaniels are different. The soft toys can be bought for both, irrespective of size but take extra care while choosing the tough ones. There are multiple sizes available for the same product so it is not a difficult task to select an appropriate one for your Sussex Spaniel.
- How Much Does A Sussex Spaniel Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Puppy Food for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for Sussex Spaniels
- Best Training Book for Sussex Spaniels