Best Dog Training Books for Afghan Hounds
Here are our Afghan Hound dog training book reviews.
Written by Pat Miller, a well-known dog trainer, the Power of Positive Dog Training is a great addition to your dog training library. The book focuses on positive reinforcement instead of dishing out punitive punishment. This method of dog training allows for a mutually beneficial relationship to be built with your Afghan Hounds while avoiding training methods that may deteriorate that relationship.
- An extensive index of commonly used training terms
- Informs readers on the proper use of a clicker
- Teaches dog owners to identify and react to Afghan Hounds’ body language
A well-known dog trainer, Sean O’Shea, has written a great book on training your Afghan Hounds. Well known across the country, this dog focuses on training dogs with troubled backgrounds. O’Shea has also created several training CDs illustrating his findings on humane dog training that is illustrated in The Good Dog Way: Love Them By Leading Them.
- Hired as an assistant trainer for Cesar Milan
- Trainer for several celebrities
- The book is available for download via Kindle
A revolutionary dog trainer, Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution, is a must-read for Afghan Hound owners. Focusing on each dog’s unique characteristics, this book focuses on developing a happier dog. The chapters cover housetraining as well as the basic skills needed to condition your Afghan Hounds to behave in a manner you desire.
- Covers the selection process for finding the right dog
- Integrates lessons that are also illustrated on a wide range of DVDs
- Covers proper healthcare techniques
No one has unlimited time to train their Afghan Hounds. Luckily there are books out there that focus on training efficiency. Lucky Dog Lessons: Train Your Dog in 7 Days focuses on maximizing training time and saving the dog owner’s valuable resources.
- Practical lessons focusing on a wide range of troubled dogs
- Focuses on basic commands to ensure a well behaved Afghan Hound
- It comes in paperback and audio CD
From start to finish, How to Raise the Perfect Dog is a great book for those looking for a thorough Afghan Hounds’ dog training guide. Written by the world-famous Cesar Milan, this book covers all aspects of the dog training process. The book illustrates a roadmap for training goals that are easy to follow for any dog owner.
- Starts by focusing on the overall foundation of the dog
- Identifies common issues that can be easily addressed
- Based on Milan’s own experiences in dog training
Dog Training Book for Afghan Hounds Buying Guide
Afghan hounds pose a wide range of challenges when conditioning them to behave. Dog training is essential to ensure that the behaviors conform with a dog owner’s expectations. One of the most essential tools a dog owner can have in forging their relationship with their Afghan Hounds is the right dog training book. This book will ensure that the proper techniques are used in conditioning your Afghan Hounds to behave appropriately while also reacting to their owner in a way that will ensure a long-lasting relationship for many years to come.
Find a Portable Dog Training Book
A dog training book is only as good as the dog owner who can read it. All high-quality Afghan Hounds’ dog training books should be easy to access. The accessibility will ensure that you can read the book at any time and in any place. Accessibility makes it easy for dog owners to constantly feed their desire to learn how to properly train their Afghan hounds in the least amount of time possible.
Easy to teach lessons are essential
Afghan Hounds owners have a challenging enough task in maintaining the physical needs of their dog. Training the Afghan Hound should not be as difficult. Finding the right training books that will easily explain the lessons an Afghan Hound owner needs to pass onto their dog saves valuable time and resources. Be sure that the book provides an easy to find reference guide and index to key terms. This will allow the dog owner to easily locate certain sections of the book that apply specifically to what lessons they are trying to implement on their Afghan Hound.
What other literature is referenced
Although an author having suitable credentials is one important aspect of finding an appropriate dog training book for your Afghan Hound, it is also important for the dog training book to have sufficient references to other literature. These references will support the teachings in the book and give Afghan Hounds’ owners further reading material, should they wish to find other sources to increase their dog training knowledge. These references will also provide further credibility to the author’s positions should there be skeptics out there who question the legitimacy of the methods illustrated in the book.
There is a wide range of dog training books that can relate to teaching your Afghan hounds the appropriate lessons. Do not rush into buying any book you find on the book store rack. Be sure that you properly research the author and the lessons they teach. This will maximize your dog training time while also increasing the chance of finding a successful training regiment that can be easily implemented through the literature you read.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book
- Best Dog Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Puppy Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Crate for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Bed for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Brush for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Toys for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Collar for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Harness for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Afghan Hounds