Proper training of your furry friend needs to begin the first day you bring him home. It is highly recommended to start practicing over your dogmanship skills as soon as you plan on bringing your little Alaskan Malamute, as it helps a lot while training. A good training book plays an integral role in this regard as it tells you what your dog cannot say in words.
You can surely hire a dog trainer in this regard, but when you are petting an Alaskan Malamute, it is better to train your puppy pal by your self. Since there are so many dog training books available in the market, it becomes difficult for the newbies to pick a credible book. Several seasonal owners also face a similar issue. If you are one of those owners who are curious to know which dog training book would be suitable for training an Alaskan Malamute, you have come to the right place.
Best Dog Training Books for Alaskan Malamutes
Here are our dog training books for Alaskan Malamutes reviews.
This comprehensive book about a dog and human relationship has been written by Dr Patricia McConnell, who is a certified applied animal behaviorist and have been studying dogs for more than twenty-two years. Being an expert dog trainer, Dr Patricia has pointed out some interesting way of communication which you can effectively adopt while training your Alaskan Malamute.
- It teaches you how to lead a productive training session by using your voice well
- This book focuses on the corrections of human behavior rather than going the other way round
- It teaches you how to understand your dog well to get the most out of the training sessions
The world-renowned dog trainer Kyra Sundance has written this fruitful guide for your puppy pal to help you learn several interesting tricks which are useful in building better communication with your buddy. This book is suitable for an Alaskan Malamute until he becomes a year old. It teaches you the ways in which you can correct the behavioral issues if your furry friend.
- Simple photographic representation of tricks
- Teaches games which your puppy would like to play
- Helps in developing a bond that will last for years
3. The Big Book of Tricks For the Best Dog Ever: A Step-by-Step Guide to 118 Amazing Tricks and Stunts
Larry Kay, an award-winning writer, has written a fantastic book on training dogs like Alaskan Malamutes. It teaches you such innovative ways of training your furry buddy, which you have not tried before. From standard fetch to flying disc acrobatics, this book has a lot of thrilling tricks there for you to discover.
- It helps prevent boredom
- It is known to strengthen your bond with your furry buddy
- It teaches you useful tricks for filming your canine companion
This is one of the popular books written by the famous author and dog trainer, Kyra Sundance, who teaches you some advanced tricks which you may teach your Alaskan Malamute when he grows older. It is a comprehensive training guide which teaches you step-by-step how you can begin training sessions with the easiest and quickest one first.
- Great pictorial representation of steps
- Helps users deal with common training issues with tips dialogue and troubleshooting
- Helps you develop well behaved and confident dogs
This specific training book has been written by the famous author, Larry Kay, and Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz. It discourages the use of negative reinforcement and teaches you a unique way of combining treats, bonding and trust during the training sessions, which is much adored by dogs like Alaskan Malamutes.
- Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz is an applauded trainer who trained the White House Dogs
- Pictorial representation of tricks
Dog Training Books for Alaskan Malamute Buyer’s Guide
It will be best if you use a dog training book to train your Alaskan Malamute well. These affectionate companions love to stay by the side of their owners, so if you train them yourself instead of hiring a trainer, they will love it. Alaskan Malamutes are an intelligent breed and have a potential of learning faster than many other breeds. Therefore, you get an opportunity to teach many skills to this four-legged family member. Buying the right training guide plays an integral part in this task.
In our buyer’s guide, we have discussed those crucial things which you need to look for before buying a dog training book. If you start setting up your preferences based on these criteria, it will become easier for you to choose the perfect dog training book for your Alaskan Malamute.
Since there is a vast market of dog training books, there are several scams out there too. It is always better to go for an accredited author who is known to have a great experience in this field so that you can train your Alaskan Malamute well. Going for a book by some illegitimate writer is worse than not training your dog at all. A well-experienced author tells you the right ways to treat issues like prey drive, which is a common issue in Alaskan Malamutes, in their guide as well. A valid training book is much comprehensive and has been written in a way that any owner quickly understands it.
A good training book always has simple instructions which are easier to understand. Perhaps, the one with pictorial representation adds much more ease to the life of an Alaskan Malamute’s owner. You should always go for the book that has several tips to guide the owners throughout the sessions. The best training books are those who have multiple user-friendly features.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book
- Best Alaskan Malamute Accessories, Essentials, and Toys
- Best Alaskan Malamute Dog Food
- Best Puppy Food for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Crate for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Bed for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Brush for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Toys for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Collar for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Harness for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Muzzle for Alaskan Malamutes
- Best Dog Shampoo for Alaskan Malamutes