Best Dog Training Books for American Foxhounds
Here are our dog training books for American foxhounds’ reviews.
The Big Book of Tricks, written by Larry Kay, an award-winning writer from California, is great for active dogs like American foxhounds. This book will enable you to teach plenty of tricks to your dog to avoid boredom and restlessness. Dogs like American foxhounds need a lot of exercises and would love to learn new outdoor skills!
- Offers step-by-step guides.
- It has one hundred and eighteen tricks that you to choose from.
- It also shows how canines for films are trained.
101 Dog Tricks by Kyra Sundance is just what you need if you are trying to strengthen your bond with your dog! It does not matter if you are amateur dog training or a professional who has been doing this for years. 101 Dog Tricks offers over a hundred tricks that any dog can learn!
- It offers step-by-step guides for the tricks, so they are easy to follow.
- All tricks are rated according to the difficulty level.
- Gives tips and dialogue boxes for you to overcome common training problems.
A world-renowned trainer, Victoria Stilwell writes the Secret Language of Dogs. The American foxhound is an intelligent breed of dogs, so you need to learn and comprehend what goes on in your pet’s mind. With The Secret Language of Dogs, you will determine the meaning behind the peculiar behaviors, tones, gestures, and feelings of your American foxhound.
- Includes instructive illustrations.
- Has a colored photograph.
- Suitable for all breeds of dogs.
Be the star writes the Pack Leader of the National Geographic Channel’s hit show, The Dog Whisperer. This book will teach you how to be the one in charge, so your dog conforms to your rules and not the other way round. Be the Pack Leader: Use Cesar’s Way to Transform Your Dog…and Your Life is beneficial for an excitable and stubborn breed like American foxhounds.
- Includes success stories from the author’s customers.
- Offers very systematic guides for all of the procedures.
- Have practical tips and techniques.
Training the Best Dog Ever, written by Dawn Sylvia Stasiewicz, is an excellent book for creating a deep bond with your American foxhound. The training methods focus on positive reinforcement to ensure a gentle, interactive nurturing of your pet.
- Especially designed for busy parents.
- Includes step-by-step pictorial instructions
- Includes colored illustrations
Dog Training Books for American Foxhounds Buyer’s Guide
Owning and training dogs is a worldwide concern for thousands of individuals, as dogs are among the most common pets. American foxhounds are energetic dogs who love to run wild and free. To transform them into suitable house pets, every American foxhound owner must have a good training book. However, when looking for a training book for your dog, you may be overwhelmed and confused by the wide variety of books out there! Here are some key points you need to remember when buying a training book for American foxhounds.
Read the Reviews
It would be best if you did some research before you buy a training book. Most websites and companies offer ratings and reviews. It would be wise of you to learn from other individuals who have used those training books to weigh the pros and cons more accurately. It would be disappointing for you to excitedly wait for your book to arrive only to find it frustrating and useless! Therefore, do not be so quick to order the book and do some research first.
Select a Reliable Author
In today’s age and time, almost anyone can write a book. You have to ensure that the author of the book you choose is someone who genuinely has the appropriate knowledge and an ample amount of experience in the field. Training a dog is not science with formulas and equations yielding the same results. It is an art; each dog owner has a unique training experience as each dog is unparalleled! Therefore, you should trust authors who have been dog owners, have trained dogs for years, and know what they are talking about.
Know Your Breed
Dogs come from hundreds of breeds. Each breed has its common traits and characteristic features that it is known for. Tricks, advice, and punishments that work on some other dogs may not work for your dogs! American foxhounds are an energetic, intelligent, and affectionate breed of dogs that require a specific form of training. If you know your breed, you will be able to have realistic expectations from your dog, which is very important. After all, you cannot expect an American foxhound to sit quietly and behave like a mellow dog because it is certainly not meant for that!
Ease in Understanding
Often, books contain a valuable amount of information, but that knowledge is presented in such a dull and confusing way that it becomes almost impossible to grasp any of it! Training books for your dogs can be the same. Therefore, choose a training book that has easy-to-follow guides, with all of the steps clearly explained. You should also opt for books, colored pictures, good visual representation, and tips for tackling any training problems, so you have a comprehensive guide in your hands!
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book
- Best Accessories for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Food for American Foxhounds
- Best Puppy Food for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Crate for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Bed for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Brush for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Toys for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Collar for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Harness for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for American Foxhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for American Foxhounds