Dog training collars are very popular dog training tools. They help you train your dog not to bark and obey commands. There are two main types of dog training collars: shock and no-shock.
Most shock training collars have adjustable settings that range from giving your dog a gentle buzz to a more intense shock. Then there’s the no-shock dog training collars that use your dog’s momentum against them, or spray citronella to deter your dog from doing that action.
We’ve reviewed hundreds of the best dog training collars. Below are our recommendations.
Best Dog Training Collars
Here are our top 24 picks:
1. DOG CARE Dog Training Collar
The Dogcare Electronic training collar is ready to help you train your dog with three efficient training modes. Train multiple dogs at once, as the collar can support up to nine dogs with one remote! Advanced security keypad lock helps prevent accidental shock through misoperation.
- Dogcare Electronic Dog Training Collar provides three efficient and safe training modes.
- The security keypad lock prevent any misoperation on the remote to prevent accidental shock.
- Dogcare Dog Training Collar supports up to 9 dogs training with only 1 remote transmitter.
2. PATPET Dog Shock Collar with Remote
The PATPET is designed for simple use, with an ergonomic design and easy to access buttons. The built in Lithium battery offers a quick recharge and can last up to 56 days. The PATPET offers three levels of customized training support.
- The ergonomic design has an easy-access button sizes and simpler format.
- The built-in rechargeable lithium battery, the receiver is able to work 56 days and the remote is able to work 1012 days.
- The PatPet three levels: customized static shock (1-16) levels, vibration(1-8) levels, as well as a standard “tone” mode.
3. TBI Pro Professional Dog Shock Training Collar
TBI Pro Professional dog collar is so unique that it can be tailored to your pet’s temperature to find the correct training setting. The remote control works up to 1600 feet, so it offers ample room for training.And with three settings, the collar can be customized to your desired level of training.
- Three efficient modes of beep, vibration and soft shock help teach dog basic obedience commands.
- The collar settings can be tailored to a dog’s temperament to find the optimal corrective mode for safe and effective training.
- The remote control range works up to 1600 feet.
4. Flittor Shock Collar for Dogs
The Flittor Shock collar has three modes of adjustable training that can all be fully customized. And, with 2500 feet of training range, your pet has plenty of room to run around. The Flittor collar is waterproof, adding an extra level of safety for your dog.
- The Flittor provides up to 2500 feet training distance.
- The dog shock collar has three effective modes:standard mode, customized 1-100 leveled vibrate mode and 1-100 leveled shock mode.
- The receiver is 100% water resistant.
5. StarMark Training Collar
The StarMark features a high-strength link design that fits together in a watchband patter. The collar is designed to fit large dogs with a 20 inch neck. And, the collar can be totally adjusted, with links that can be added or removed.
- The high-strength link design fits together in watchband pattern.
- This collar has a 20-inch circumference fits larger dogs
- The links can be removed or added, additional links are available for purchase.
6. Educator E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar
The Educator E-Collar boasts a 1/2 mile range for long-range training. The mini-ergonomic stopwatch is well suited for smaller hands or when you want to be discreet. The rechargeable batteries offer a quick charge and a long life.
- One dog system with 1/2 mile range for long range training.
- The mini ergonomic “stopwatch” transmitter is well-suited for discreetness.
- The device is a Lithium-polymer rechargeable batteries with dual charger with 2-hour full charge,
7. Petrainer 998DRB Remote Dog Training Collar
The Petrainer 998DRB remote collar is a highly advanced dog training collar with over 100 levels of intensity and a 900 foot range. This device addresses excess barking, as well as unwanted behavior like chewing and digging. The collar is easy to customize with a bright LED screen and push button technology.
- Long range of 90 feet with over 100 levels of intensity.
- Rechargeable collar with memory and auto-protect functions.
- Ease of use for backyard of park training, this collar works up to 330 yards for training sessions.
8. Bousnic Dog Training Collar
The Bousinic is designed with a pet’s safety and a trainer’s ease. The remote for this collar can reach up to 1,00 feet and support training two dogs at once. And, the easy to access buttons make operation simple.
- The remote for this dog training collar can reach up to 1000 feet for ease of training.
- Train two dogs at once; the remote features a dual channel to support simultaneous training.
- The easy-access button sizes and simpler formatmake the Bousnic easy to operate for pet owners
9. Hot Spots Pet Rechargeable Dog Training Collar
The Hot Spots collar uses a voice activated, programmable LCD remote to speak to the collar. User can determine level of vibration or shock. This collar features 100 levels of vibration or shock to rid dog of excessive or disruptive barking.
- Adjustable and waterproof collars works on dogs of all sizes.
- Voice activated LCD remote allows user to determine level of vibration or shock.
- The Hot Spots collar is rechargeable and comes with a charging cord.
10. SportDOG Brand YardTrainer Family Remote Trainers
The SportDog Yard Trainer boasts a 100-yard training radius for your single pet. With advanced DryTek technology, the collar is water-submersible for up to 25 feet! And the rechargable lithium battery offers a quick charge and long use.
- 100-yard range e-collar supports the effective training of one dog.
- The SportDog is waterproof and submersible to 25 feet with its DryTek technology.
- Lithium ion, rechargeable batteries feature a 2-hour quick charge
11. Sparkly Pets Humane Dog Bark Collar
Technologically improved in 2019, the Sparklypets Humane Dog Bark Collar has an advanced sensitivity chip with seven levels to customize to any dog breed or size. The sensitivity chip monitors the dog’s vocal chords, and sends pulsating vibrations as a warning. The dog notices these vibrations and associates it with barking sounds to safely correct the behavior.
- No shock dog collar, this device uses a sensitivity chip to monitor the dog’s vocal cords to send out pulsating vibrations.
- Durable, high quality nylon material that is easily adjustable.
- Series of warnings, from pulsating vibration to a warning tone until dog stops barking.
12. Petrainer Dog Training Collar
The Pet Trainer collar offers advanced through-wall technology that has a working range of up to 300 yards. Easy to operate, the Pet Trainer has large buttons for optimal user accessibility. And, Pet Trainer feels confident in their products; they offers a three-year warranty.
- Advanced through-wall technology has a working range up to 330 yards.
- Simple to operate with with large behavioral correction buttons!
- Offers a three year warranty.
13. Aheasoun Dog Prong Training Collar
The Aheasoun Prong collar is adjustable, with links that can be added or removed. The “D” ring at the top gives the owner maximum control. Constructed of stainless steel, the Reason is extremely durable.
- This prong dog collar has solid links and “D ring to provide a more secure connection with the leashes.
- The collar is adjustable, with prong links that can be removed or added.
- Constructed of high-quality stainless steel with a silver coating.
14. Slopehill Dog Training Collar
The Slopehill has four training modes, more than traditional shock collars. And the Slopehill can train up to three dogs at one. The waterproof collar also boasts a rechargeable training battery for long use.
- Four training modes: electronic shock collar with led light, static stimulation mode, vibration mode, and a standard tone mode.
- Dog Training Collar supports maximum 3 dogs training with only 1 remote transmitter.
- The training collar receiver is waterproof and boasts Lithium-Polymer batteries that charge in 2-3 hours and last 15-20 days.
15. Herm Sprenger Black Stainless Steel Ultra-Plus Prong Collar
The Herm Sprenger is a rust-resistant training collar to help support training and guidance. The unique design prevents the collar from getting too tight and causing harm to the dog. This collar is perfect for dogs with a 21 in neck circumference.
- The assembly chain of the Herm Sprenger prevents the collar from getting too tight.
- The collar measures 23 inches and will suit a dog with a 21 inch neck circumference
- The collar is made of black stainless steel for dual rust resistance.
16. Aheasoun Dog Training Collar
The Aheasoun Prong collar provides three modes to give the owner maximum control. These recievers are 100% waterproof. And, the remotes last for up to 220 yards.
- The Aheasoun dog training collar provides three efficient and safe training modes: beep, vibration and shock.
- These dog barking collar receivers are IPX7 100% waterproof, so no need to worry in the rain.
- The remotes last up to 220 yards stable wireless control range
17. Dogtra 1900S / 1902S Remote Training Collar
The Dogtra 1900S collar operates up to a 3/4-mile range! With 127 levels of stimulation, ranging from low to high, you can customize to your desired training level. Unlike other dog trainers, the Dogtra offers 127 levels of stimulation. And advanced design features help you adjust the collar with east.
- Up to 3/4-mile range, fully waterproof ergonomic collar and receiver
- 127 levels of stimulation ranging from low to high, ranging from constant stimulation to high performance vibration modes.
- Advanced features allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the collar with ease.
18. ieGeek Dog Training Collar
The ieGeek dog training collar is suitable for dogs from 22-100 pounds. And, with RF434 Mhz technology, the transmitter works up to 1,960 feet away. The transmitter is highly resistant to water, so your dog will be fine wearing it in the rain.
- The transmitter is highly resistant to water, IP67 waterproof level, and doesn’t need to take it off when your dog is under bathing
- This remote is suitable for dogs with weight of 22-100Lbs
- Remote Training Collar adopts advanced RF434 Mhz technology that transmitter range can be up to 1960 feet.
19. Cute Pets Dog Training Collar
The Cute Pets training collar has a range of 550 yards, which lets your pet run but still keeps them close. A safety lock prevents accidental misfiring. And, the waterproof collar is safe for your pet to use when swimming or bathing.
- Remote range-sport dog shock collar has a range up to 550 yards.
- The dog shock collar has a separate safety lock to prevent accidental shock.
- The shock collar is fully waterproof.
20. WWVVPET Spray Dog Training Collar
Unlike traditional shock collars, the WWVVPET spray collar uses safe and human citronella spray. The collar has two settings; it can work automatically, or you can switch to a manual control setting. This spray collar has rechargeable batteries and additional spray can be found on Amazon or in other pet food stores.
- The collar has a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery and 2-3 hours of charging time to give 3-7 days of use.
- Unlike shock collars, the citronella spray collar is extremely safe, effective and humane.
- The collar can work automatically without manual remote control, and it can also be switched to “Remote Control Mode” to train.
21. Casfuy Dog Training Collar with Remote
The Casfuy Dog Training Collar offers three settings from static shock, to vibration to shock. And, with up to 1,000 training radius, the collar is effective even in large space. Boasting a water-proof design, the Casfuy collar is extremely durable.
- These shock collar offers three settings: customized static shock (1-16), vibration(1-8) levels, as well as a standard “tone” mode.
- The barrier free remote for this dog training collar can reach up to 1,000 feet.
- Rated IP67 waterproof, this collar receiver works doesn’t need to be taken off when your dog goes for a swim.
22. EPICKA Dog Training Collar
The EPIKA Training collar has three efficient training modes: standard, vibration and shock. Plus, the additional safety feature of unlock prevents needless shocking of your pet. The easy access buttons make this collar easy to use and operate.
- The PET Electronic Dog Training Collar provides three efficient and safe training modes: standard beep, vibration(1-9 level) and shock (1-9 level) modes.
- The screen unlock button eliminates any accidental shock to your dog caused by a misoperation.
- The easy-access button sizes make for simple user interface and operation.
23. candyPet Dog Training Collar
The candyPet training collar offers wireless control with up to a 1,000 foot range. Three efficient training modes help you train your dog at the desired level. And, the extra long battery is rechargeable for long-time use.
- Wireless control for up to 1000 Feet remote range.
- Three extremely efficient and safe training modes: beep, vibration and shock.
- Extra long life rechargeable battery for optimal use.
24. FunniPets Dog Training Collar
The FunniPets remote control has an extremely long range of 2600ft, making training easy in your backyard or a park. The collar has different levels of shock and a tonal mode that can be increased depending on the desired redirection. And the built-in receiver with LED light helps you locate your pets in low light.
- The remote control range of the dog training collar up its up to 2600 feet.
- The built-in LED light on the receiver remote helps locate your dog in a dark environment.
- The shock collar for dogs offers customized static shock and vibration and four training modes.
- Best GPS Trackers for Dogs
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Automatic Fetch Machines
- Best Cooling Pads for Dogs
- Best Dog Activity Monitors
- Best Dog Ramps
- Best Dog Seat Belts
- Best Dog Car Seat Covers
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Small Dog Harnesses
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Dog Flea Collars
- Best Electronic Dog Fences
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Bark Collar