Best Puppy Foods for German Shepherds
Here are our German Shepherd puppy food reviews.
Royal Canin’s German Shepherd Puppy dry dog food is engineered to meet the nutritional needs of purebred German Shepherd puppies from two to fifteen months old. The special formula helps maintain bone & joint health with additions like glucosamine and chondroitin to support your German Shepherd’s large, growing body. It’s a great choice to ensure you have a happy, healthy dog!
- Exclusive, specially designed kibbles specifically for a German Shepherd’s long, strong muzzle encourage healthy chewing
- The recipe helps protect a puppy’s developing immune system and natural defenses with an exclusive complex of antioxidants including vitamin E
- Aids gastrointestinal health with highly digestible proteins and fibers, which also promotes optimal stool quality
Nutro Ultra’s Dry Dog Food consists of an exclusive superfood mix, combining high-quality animal proteins, whole grains and seeds, and fruits and vegetables.The recipes are crafted with the proteins your dog will love, and have real chicken as the first ingredient. Best of all, Nutro Ultra’s dry dog food is made with Non-GMO ingredients so it is a natural, health food for your growing German Shepherd!
- Contain three animal proteins–chicken, Lamb, And Salmon–and is specially formulated for puppies
- The recipes are tailored to promote good brain development and healthy growth
- In addition to the high-quality proteins, Nutro Ultra’s food also contains a proprietary blend of 15 vibrant superfoods like coconut, chia, kale, blueberries, and other quality ingredients
Unleash your German Shepherd’s extraordinary potential with Eukanuba Puppy Large Breed dry dog food. Formulated to fuel your growing companion’s body, mind, and energy, this complete and balanced puppy food contains high-quality animal proteins and optimal levels of calcium and phosphorus which help maintain muscle growth and bone health. The recipe also has DHA levels clinically proven to promote healthy brain development for a smarter, more trainable German Shepherd puppy.
- Optimized fat and carbohydrate levels in the recipe give your puppy energy for a lot of growth and play.
- This puppy food contains natural fiber and prebiotic blends to aid gentle digestion.
- The formula also has guaranteed levels of the antioxidant vitamin E to help support your German Shepherd’s developing immune system.
Give your German Shepherd the best start in life so that he or she can grow to their full potential with balanced minerals that promote strong bones and strong teeth. Hill’s Science Diet Large Breed Puppy dry food has a delicious chicken flavor and is made with the optimal level of calcium for controlled bone growth: a unique developmental need of large breed puppies. This dog food is made with natural ingredients and uses DHA from fish oil to support your large dog’s eye development and brain function for a happy, healthy dog.
- High-quality protein helps your large dog build and maintain muscle.
- Made in the USA with global ingredients you can trust
- Science Diet is the recipe #1 Veterinarian Recommended
Diamond pet foods are made with ingredients of exceptional quality and formulated to help your German Shepherd stay active and feel great. The Diamond pet food formula contains carefully determined levels of protein, fat and other essential nutrients to support ideal body condition–Diamond pet foods provide all the nutrients your pet needs, day after day. This formula is also ideal for pregnant or nursing adult German Shepherds!
- Diamond Puppy Formula is enhanced with DHA for healthy brain and vision development.
- The recipe includes omega fatty acids, antioxidants, and ideal levels of protein and fat, to help your German Shepherd grow up strong.
- Diamond Puppy Formula also contains all the antioxidants and fiber your German Shepherd puppy needs for digestive and immune system support
German Shepherd Puppy Food Buying Guide
How you engage with and how you feed your German Shepherd puppy is critical to ensuring a long, healthy, happy life for your pet. This is why feeding your German Shepherd a high-quality diet is extremely important. The ideal diet for your German Shepherd puppy is well balanced and contains all the antioxidants and nutrients your puppy’s developing muscles and mind need to grow. In fact, veterinarians recommend a diet that consists of at least 22% of protein and 8% fat for your growing Shepherd. While shopping for food for your German Shepherd, we recommend you consider these factors.
High-quality meat as the first ingredient
The best diet for your German Shepherd puppy is going to feature a high-quality meat protein as the first ingredient. This may be chicken, beef, lamb or even salmon. Look for dog foods that contain grass fed beef or free range chicken for your German Shepherd puppy. Even better if the food is able to source where they get their meat.
No added fillers or artificial preservatives.
Corn, wheat and soy are very difficult for German Shepherds to digest and formulas that feature these ingredients should be avoided. Instead, look for formulas that feature sweet potatoes or other high quality carbohydrates over excessive fillers. In addition, look for foods that do not feature artificial flavoring.
Added nutrients to support bone and joints
Because your puppy is growing, look for formulas specifically made for puppies (German Shepherd puppies is best) that contain added nutrients like Vitamin E to support the immune system. Puppy food with added DHA is excellent for your pet’s eye and brain development. And, because German Shepherds will grow into powerful dogs that use their muscles, a puppy food with added glucosamine and chondroitin will support their joint health.
Developed for German Shepherd puppies or large dogs
There are a number of brands that create food that is tailor made for German Shepherds. Some, like Hill’s Science Diet, are formulated to meet the specific needs of a growing Shepherd. But even if you do not purchase a food that is made for German Shepherds, ensure that the food that you purchase is at least made for large breed puppies. This will ensure that the food meets the requirements for a healthy diet.
- How Much Does A German Shepherd Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for German Shepherds
- Best Training Book for German Shepherds