Whether it’s your backyard, a campsite or even in the wilds of the woods, a GPS dog fence uses a receiver that tracks with a satellite to keep your dog comfortably and safely in your preferred zone. GPS dog fences vary by function. We’ve selected the top GPS dog fences in the market for you.
Best GPS Dog Fences
Here are our gps dog fence reviews.
The OCEVEN uses no wires or transmitters and can be used wherever there is a GPS signal, such as a farm, plantation, beach, riverside, campground, and park. The OCEVEN fence works in a circle with satellite to continuously detect a dog’s position. When the distance of the collar from the center point is greater than the radius, it will automatically beep and shock to prevent your dog from leaving.
- OCEVEN uses GPS technique for position and measuring distance which is more accurate than wireless fences that use radio-frequency technique.
- This system features a safe training mode that beeps and shock for 20 seconds, and stops for 1 minute before the next 20 seconds, totaling three training cycles.
- All functions are integrated in the collar which is IP67 waterproof and rechargeable.
AngelaKerry is a new generation pet fence system that uses GPS positioning technology to keep your dog within boundaries. This system it is more accurate and stable than traditional wire fences and can keep the dogs safe in an adjustable area. With an adjustable readies between 20 to 800 meters, the AngelaKerry has five settings of sensitivity.
- AngelaKerry allows the user to set the radius of play area for dogs up to 800 meters with an error of less than five meters.
- If the dog leaves the boundary zone, the stimulation is limited to 20 seconds and automatically shuts off for one minute before repeating stimulation for another two 20 seconds.
- This GPS system features no transmitter or remote control and all functions are integrated in the collar which is IP66 waterproof rating.
The Garmin allows you to setup virtual boundaries on your map and receive an alert if he strays out of your geofence so you can recall him right away.The Garmin allows you to set boundaries for multiple dogs; the compass screen allows the user to receive speed, direction traveling and distance away information for any dogs you’ve selected. And correct any dog on this screen without falsely correcting others.
- The Garmin features high-sensitivity GPS with GLONASS.
- The Garmin allows you to set up virtual boundaries on your map and receive an alert, automatically sends signal to recall.
- The Garmin features LED beacon lights as well as a rescue mode and stimulation levels of tone and vibration.
The Dog Expedition is a totally portable GPS fence and training device. This means that Dog Expedition will work just as well in your backyard, as it will on travels or camping trips. With multiple levels or sensitivity, the Dog Expedition can be customized for your pet.
- Dog Expedition is one of the first portable, wireless, GPS based containment system of its kind.
- This GPS system features a range of up to 800-yards.
- Dog Expedition has 50 intensity levels of continuous simulations.
SportDOG is one of the most recognized brands in the electronic tracking and training categories. With only a slight movement of the dial and the push of a button, the user can deliver a tone, vibration, or one of the 21 levels of static stimulation. The rechargeable lithium-ion batteries last 50 to 70 hours per charge.
- The SportDog is a 500 yard range e collar that can support training of three dogs with the same remote.
- The collar is waterproof and submersible to 25 feet using DryTek technology.
- This GPS device alerts dogs with a vibration (buzz), tone (beep), or 21 levels of static simulation in either momentary (nick) or continuous.
GPS Dog Fence Buying Guide
A GPS dog fence allows you and your pet to have freedom wherever you go. That’s because a GPS dog fence does not rely on a fence or buried underground wires for containment. Gone are the days when you need to dig up your backyard, or keep your dog chained to a leash when out and about. With a GPS fence, you simply attach the collar and set the coordinates. Depending on the type of collar, a beep or a vibration will let your pet know when they are approaching the boundaries. But, not all GPS collars have the same functions. There are a number of factors you want to consider when looking for your GPS fence.
First, you will need to consider how large of a space you would like your pet to roam. Some GPS devices extend to 800 yards, while others have a maximum of 100 yards. The type of radius you seek is tied to the use that you intended for your GPS device. If you intend to use the GPS fence as an electric fence in your backyard, you may want to go for the larger range, however, if you would like it just for camping or exploring, a smaller range would be fine. With a GPS, you set the boundaries and coordinates and you can fully customize that to your yard or space.
Vibration and Shock Mode
Most GPS devices allow you to select between beep, vibration and shock modes, and also the level of sensitivity. The size and temperament of your dog is something you should consider when deciding on what type of device or mode will work for you. A larger dog may require more vibration, while a smaller dog will require more sensitivity. Look for a device that has multiple warnings and ranges of sensitivity to help you customize that device for your pet.
(Tracking, Multiple Dogs)
You may be interested in using the GPS as a replacement to a fence or a wire fence, but mayn GPS devices also offer additional features. For example, some devices include special training tools that work well to train puppies or hunting dogs. In fact, some devices are created especially for hunting and tracking dogs and help you train the dogs to return with a whistle when the GPS coordinates note that they’ve gone too far.
If you have multiple pets, look for a device that can track multiple dogs. This will allow you to purchase one system and the amount of receivers you need. This is both cost saving and time saving.
The future is bright and free for your pets; with a GPS device you can save time, money, and your yard. And, explore the world just a little bit safer with your pet!