The product, Hairless Dog Shampoo, is specially designed to work wonders on your dog’s skin without rubbing them raw or drying their skin out. While most of the shampoos are safe for any hairless dog, you should still thoroughly check the ingredients list before purchasing anything, lucky for you I did that for you. Below are the top ten recommended by us products for your pooch’s skin and safety.
Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
Here are our reviews for hairless dog shampoos.
1. Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo
The Earthbath Pet Shampoo is a moisturizing shampoo that repairs cracking or dry skin with only the highest quality of ingredients. All ingredients are all natural and biodegradable for a completely environmentally friendly shampoo. The combination of Almond and Vanilla works for both moisturizing skin and leaving your pet smelling heavenly.
- Moisturizing shampoo works great for hairless dogs thanks to extreme moisturizing
- Ingredients are all natural and great for sensitive skin
- Combo of Vanilla and Almond make for a great all around shampoo
2. Oatmeal Pet Shampoo Plus Conditioner
The Pro Pet Works Oatmeal Pet Shampoo is made for your dog’s dry or itchy skin, with soothing oatmeal this shampoo with soothe and moisturize your pup’s skin. Ingredients are natural and made for even the most sensitive skin, aloe vera adds extra soothing potential. The product is completely natural and biodegradable allowing to be completely environmentally friendly.
- Made to moisturize dry or itchy skin, good for hairless dogs
- All ingredients are natural and made for the most sensitive of skin
- Product and bottle are completely natural and biodegradable
3. Paws & Pals 5-in-1 Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
The Paws & Pals Oatmeal Dog Shampoo is made to soothe even the worst dry or itchy skin, making it great for hairless dogs. The shampoo is a five in one, all purpose wash that leaves your pup’s skin glowing and smelling great. Not only does it work on dogs, you can also use on your cat or other pets as long as they have the correct fur type.
- Made to soothe dry, itchy or irritated skin
- Five in one, all purpose shampoo is great for time saving benefits
- Works on cats or dogs as needed, check fur type before use
4. HONEYDEW Colloidal Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
The HONEYDEW Oatmeal and Lavender Dog Shampoo combines two of the best and most soothing ingredients to make a shampoo that is perfect for sensitive skin or hairless dogs. The lavender not only soothes and moisturizes the skin, it also repels many types of bugs. The product is designed to be hypoallergenic for even the most easily allergic puppy.
- Combines Lavender and Oatmeal for great soothing potential
- Lavender repels bugs as well as moisturized skin
- Product is made to be hypoallergenic for even the most sensitive skin
5. 4Legger USDA Certified Organic Dog Shampoo
The 4Legger Organic Dog Shampoo is made with your pet’s utmost comfort in mind, only the best and highest quality ingredients are used. The product is all natural and hypoallergenic, making it great for sensitive skin and hairless dogs. The main ingredients are lemongrass, aloe vera and coconut oil which if you research are all excellent on their own for moisturizing capabilities.
- Best and highest quality ingredients are used for your pet’s comfort
- All natural and hypoallergenic for even the most sensitive skin
- Contains lemon grass, aloe vera and coconut oil to make amazing moisturizing potential
6. Warren London Hydrating Butter
The Warren London Hydrating Butter Dog Soap is great for dry or itchy skin, the Guava and Mangosteen are great soothing and natural ingredients to best moisturize your pet’s skin. The soap is leave in, making it easier for you as the pet owner to give your pup a rub down with the soap and then you’re done. The soap works on all coat types and breeds.
- Guava and Magosteen great for soothing capabilities on dry skin or hairless pets
- You can leave the soap in, making bath times a breeze
- Works on any type or breed and coat type
7. Wahl Dry Skin & Itch Relief
The Wahl Pet Shampoo is perfect for dogs with sensitive skin, all the ingredients are natural and of the highest quality. The formula used in the shampoo uses oatmeal and coconut lime verbena to soothe irritated skin while leaving it smelling fresh. The hypoallergenic qualities of the shampoo make it ideal for dogs with allergies or hairless dogs.
- All natural ingredients of the highest qualities
- Formula combines Oatmeal and Coconut Lime for maximum soothing potential
- Hypoallergenic makes it perfect for sensitive skin or allergies
8. Rocco & Roxie
The Rocco & Roxie is made with Oatmeal as the main ingredient, the shampoo is proven to soothe irritated and dry skin. All ingredients are natural, negating worries about chemical reactions or harmful ingredients in the product. On top of being made from the highest quality of ingredients, this shampoo is hypoallergenic for even the most sensitive of skin.
- Oatmeal gives the shampoo a great moisturizing ability
- All ingredients are natural with no harmful additions
- Highest quality of ingredients and hypoallergenic for sensitive skin
9. BioSilk Dogs Silk Therapy
The BioSilk for Dogs Shampoo is great for dog owners who don’t have a lot of time on their hands, the shampoo is a simple spray on design that after you wash it out soothes irritated skin. The product can be used on any type of dog breed, even hairless pets, with excellent results. The ingredients are all gentle with no sulfate or paraben.
- Shampoo is spray on and easy rinse out for quick bath times
- Good for any breed of dog, even hairless or long haired
- All ingredients are gentle with no negative or harmful ingredients
10. Friends Forever Natural
The Friends Forever Dog Shampoo is made with only the best ingredients, all natural and smelling nice for you and your pet’s pleasure. The Oatmeal, Lavender Oil, Aloe and Coconut Oil combine to give your dog the best possible soothing and moisturizing capabilities. Thanks to the all natural ingredients, this shampoo is hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin.
- All natural ingredients that leave your pup smelling great after each wash
- Oatmeal, Lavender, Aloe and Coconut combine to make perfect moisturizer
- Hypoallergenic and great for even the most sensitive skin
Hairless Dog Shampoo Buyers Guide
As you can tell from the above, there are many different types of shampoo that work for hairless pets or those with sensitive skin. One of the single most important things to consider when buying a shampoo for your dog, and I can’t stress this enough, is checking the ingredients lists. Sometimes the manufacturer will sneak in the unhealthy or possible harmful ingredients into the fine print of the ingredients.
It is even more important than normal with a hairless dog to do this because they have no extra protection in case a reaction happens. Below I will go into some of the ingredients that work wonders for skin that should definitely look for.
Aloe or Aloe Vera
This is one of the single best ingredients for itchy, scratchy or dry skin. Aloe is known to moisturize skin and heal scratched while it does. This is a very common ingredient in shampoos and conditioners because of how much benefit it brings to any product it is put in.
You wouldn’t think oatmeal would be great for sensitive skin, but it works wonders. Oatmeal is another ingredient that is commonly seen in many health products, both human and dog. The oatmeal revitalizes skin and soothes the itches or raw skin that is leftover from too much scratching.
This one took me by surprise, as it doesn’t usually show as the main ingredient but quite a few of the products have this listed in the fine print. After some research, I learned Coconut Oil is excellent for not only moisturizing skin, but it also adds shine to your dog’s coat.
Lavender is not only good for gentle soaps and shampoos, but it also has the added bonus of repelling bugs. Most bugs maneuver by the sense of smell, which lavender overpowers. It works as a multi purpose moisturizer/bug repellant but has none of the horrible scents that usually comes with it.