Best Harnesses for Greyhounds
Here are our greyhound dog harness reviews.
Ruffwear makes products for dogs and their humans that love adventure. Ruffwear is durable and this harness is designed for the large pet and owner on the go. With a customizable fit and comfort, there’s a Ruffwear out for you.
- Five convenient points of adjustment offer full range of motion.
- The foam-padded straps provide lasting comfort without hindering movement.
- The RUFFWEAR offers two sturdy leash ring connectors.
The Paw Five is designed with the large, active dog in mind.The ergonomic design is comfortable and adjustable. And, the bright colors maximize visibility for safety.
- The waterproof outer-shell also features authentic safety belts.
- Adjustable waist and chest straps ensure the perfect fit.
- Interchangeable side patches allows for personalization.
The Barkbay harness is designed specifically for large dogs. This harness comes in a variety of colors and features quick release buckles for easy wear and removal. And the anti-chafe material ensures your pet’s comfort.
- ID tag pocket ensures your pet can be easily identified.
- Ultra reflective strips offer visibility in low lights.
- The harness features two D-ring leash attachments at the front and the back of the dog.
The Embark Adventure harness provides ease of wear; adjust once and you’re ready to go. The soft padded harness offers comfort while also not pulling or choking the animal. Designed for adventure, the Emback features 250 times the pulling strength of a traditional harness.
- Two points of adjustment required only once, on the neck and chest.
- The no pull dog harness for large dogs surpasses national pulling strength guidelines by over 100 pounds.
- Embark harnesses feature a no pull front leading leash attachment which has been tripled in strength since the first model.
INVENHO Mesh Harness clips around the neck and chest; once sizes, this harness can be removed or pulled on with ease. The breathable mesh keeps encourages air flow to keep your dog, but adds extra warmth in the winter. A provided sizing charts helps you select the perfect fit and color for your pet.
- INVENHO features a breathable mesh material to encourage air flow.
- The clips hook around both your pet’s neck and chest, allowing for the harness to be both easily applied and taken off.
- The dimensions of the chest girth are 13.5-17.5 inches and a neck size of 9.5 inches.
Greyhound Harness Buying Guide
Greyhounds are docile, intelligent pets. They are nonaggressive but may have a tendency to run after smaller dogs or cats. Their thin and unique bodies mean that they will need a harness that can specially fit their body.
There are a variety of factors to consider when selecting the ideal harness for your Greyhound, from puppy to mature. First, it’s important to consider your Greyhound’s temperament. While most of the breed are very docile, some will not tolerate slipping on a harness over their head and thus putting on the harness becomes a frustrating chore. Read on to see what factors we believe are essential to consider when selecting a harness.
Finding a hardness with multiple levels of adjustment ensures the most secure fit and also the most comfortable. This is especially important for Greyhounds who can race at lightning speeds and would be very difficult to catch up with if they get loose. Harnesses that offer more reinforced adjustments provide the Greyhound owner more control.
It is important to determine the type of harness your Greyhound will be comfortable putting on and removing. There are two main types of harnesses:
Body Mesh/Step In:
The mesh or step in harnesses typically tends to cover more of the body of your dog. Here, the dog steps into the harness and it is then adjusted into it. These harnesses may be ideal for puppies and more mature dogs; Boxers have a shorter coat so these may help keep them warmer during the colder months.
These dog harnesses are usually placed on and adjusted with two or three strap buckles. These types of harnesses usually offer the highest security and long lasting durability.
There are many materials used in harnesses, from breathable mesh to reinforced nylon. It is important to determine the level of control that is required for your Boxer. Other factors to consider:
Harnesses that offer waterproof materials will be more durable than harnesses that soak in water. These harnesses will also keep your pet more comfortable and prevent inurt.
Many harnesses offer reflective striping. This safety feature allows cars and other people to see you and your pet even in very low light. Reflective striping is essential for those who walk late at night with their pet, or who may let their pet out at night.
- Best Dog Harnesses
- Best Dog Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Muzzles
- Best Dog Training Collars
- Best Dog Collar
- Best Dog Slip Leads
- Best Large Dog Harnesses
- Best Dog Food for Greyhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Training Book for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Greyhounds