Jack Russells are extremely intelligent, happy, energetic dogs who have made their debut in Hollywood and are beloved by families across the world. Jack Russells were bred as hunting dogs and have a love of digging and exploring. These extremely energetic dogs do have a tendency to wander, so a Jack Russell owner will want to keep a keen eye on their pet when not in a harness.
When it comes to purchasing a harness for your Jack Russell, it’s extremely important to find one with a secure and comfortable fit. Below are our top choices for Jack Russell’s harnesses.
Best Harnesses for Jack Russells
Here are our Jack Russell harness reviews.
Copatchy No Pull Reflective Harness has a double adjustable straps that remove stress from the dogs neck and is ideal for puppies. Available in a variety of sizes, the Copatchy had a design for even the smallest dogs. The comfortable, no pull sponge filled material makes this perfect for even a smaller, fragile dog, or a puppy in training.
- Copatchy clips along the dog’s neck and chest, making application and removal simple.
- The Copatchy eliminates stress on the dog’s neck.
- The dimensions of the XX-Small size fit a dog with a chest size of 9.5-12-inches, a neck size of 8-10 Inches and a weight 3-8 pounds.
PoyPet features two leash attachments with reinforced webbing to provide guidance. The durable, scratch resistant material helps prevent chewing and tearing of the vest. And, the front clip provides extra support, especially ideal in training as it guides the dog not to fight the leash.
- Two sturdy metal leash attachment points have a reinforced webbing and a front clip to discourage pulling and have a relaxed walk.
- The ergonomic design ensures pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent choking.
- The scratch-resistant oxford material outer layer is super easy to clean.
EcoBark is a versatile harness which is designed to be gentle with no pull. These harnesses sit a bit higher on the dog, ensuring that your dog can not escape or remove the harness with his or her paw. Available in multiple sizes and colors, the EcoBark can be customized to fit your pet’s size and personality.
- EcoBark is available in multiple sizes, including XS, and 9 colors.
- The EcoBark is designed to provide a gentle, “no pull” effect.
- These harnesses are designed to sit it higher than most dog harnesses to prevent escape.
Chai’s Choice Outdoor Adventure Dog Harness is made for a walk around the block or the wilderness. Constructed of the most durable oxford mesh, Chai’s Choice stands up to the elements. The material is also scratch-resistant and available in a variety of colors.
- The outer layer of Chai’s Choice is made of scratch-resistant oxford material.
- The harness features a lightweight duraflex buckle with large loading capacity.
- Chai’s Choice is available in XS and 9 colors.
With the Bolux Dog Harness, pressure is evenly distributed to prevent the dog from choking and creating a more humane experience. This dog vest is comfortable and ideal for senior dogs and leisurely walks. This super comfortable harness is available in 13 colors and multiple sizes to suit your dog’s taste and girth.
- On the Bolux, pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent pulling and choking.
- The dimensions for this harness fit a neck girth between 10″-11.5″ and a chest girth between 12.5″-14″.
- The added reflective straps to ensure your dog is highly visible in low lights and at night.
Jack Russell Harness Buying Guide
Jack Russells are extremely energetic, wily dogs who are as adept at hunting as they are at figuring out how to wiggle out of a harness. These breeds are also extremely intelligent, so a harness that is secure and comfortable for your dog will be ideal.
Multiple Points of Adjustment
Finding a hardness with multiple levels of adjustment ensures the most secure fit and also the most comfortable. Because Jack Russells are bright, typically thin and wily, a harness that offers multiple points of adjustment will be ideal. These multiple points of adjustment will offer the most secure fit and will prevent your Jack Russell from trying to escape. If you have a Jack Rusell puppy, look for a mesh harness with multiple adjustment points that can grow with your dog.
Jack Russell love to seek out adventure. These dogs will try to climb a tree or dig a hole to catch an underground rodent, so secure buckles are a must. Look for buckles that are made of metal or high-quality plastic. You don’t want your Jack Russell to see a squirrel and take off, buckles breaking at the force of their intended desire!
Jack Russells, especially Jack Russell puppies, can chew! When you are looking for a harness, look for a harness with very durable mesh materials of oxford nylon. Jack Russell’s have been known to get bored and chew through their harness. With a material that is not chew-proof, your Jack Russell can take off before you realize his harness was hanging together by a string!
- Best Dog Harnesses
- Best Dog Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Muzzles
- Best Dog Training Collars
- Best Dog Collar
- Best Dog Slip Leads
- Best Jack Russell Terrier Accessories, Essentials, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Training Book for Jack Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Jack Russell Terriers