Does your dog have a sensitive stomach or have anal gland problems that make picking up their droppings a pain on you? There are a variety of things that can cause such a problem, but the most common aside from your doing being elderly is the incorrect food type. If a dog’s stomach is sensitive, then you are better off choosing a dog food that will support them and their digestive needs.
There are many different types of dog food out there, but in this case you will be looking for the best high fiber dog foods for anal gland problems. When you buy your dogs food you should look at the ingredients list thoroughly to be sure the things going into it are all natural and good for your dog. Below are ten products that I recommend after thorough research.
Best High Fiber Dog Foods for Anal Gland Problems
Here are our reviews of the best high fiber dog foods for anal gland problems.
The Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dog Food is made with only the best ingredients, the fish and brown rice ensure the best amounts of both protein and fiber. Alongside the high quality ingredients, this dog food contains no added preservatives, artificial flavors, soy, wheat, or corn to ensure your dog’s health. The main ingredients is real fish, with no artificial ingredients, and is great for emptying your dog’s anal glands without hassle.
- Fish and brown rice give protein and fiber to your dog
- No added preservatives or potentially harmful ingredients
- Real white fish is used to guarantee a healthy dog food
The Rachael Ray High Fiber Dog Food contains real meat, peas and brown rice for a balanced meal of proteins and fibers to help your dogs all around health. The protein boosts their immune system as well as their fur and skin, while the fiber helps their anal glands produce stools. With no poultry, wheat, fillers, artificial preservatives or artificial flavors this food is great for your dog’s health.
- Real peas and brown rice boost fiber in your dog’s diet
- Protein boosts skin and fur health while also adding strength to immune system
- No added negative ingredients such as fillers, wheat, poultry or artificial flavors
The Purina Pro Plan contains prebiotic fibers and a natural salmon and rice formula to offer your pooch the best food for anal gland problems. The formula contains no soy, wheat, corn, artificial flavors or preservative for an all around healthy dog food. This food is great for sensitive stomachs and elderly dogs with its natural ingredients.
- Prebiotic fibers and natural ingredients offer great digestive help
- No harmful soy, wheat, corn, artificial flavors, or preservatives
- Natural ingredients are great for sensitive stomachs and elderly
Iams High Fiber Dog Food is great for dogs with anal gland problems thanks to the high amounts of fiber and nutrients in each bowl. The blend of antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins, fibers and prebiotics all come together to form a healthy dog food. The food is formulated with L Carnitine to better maintain a healthy metabolism, rounding out your dog’s every day health.
- High amounts of fiber and protein is great for muscle growth and health
- Antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins, fibers and prebiotics make healthy dog food
- L Carnitine helps dog maintain a healthy metabolism
The Hill’s Science High Fiber Dog Food is formulated to best help dogs with sensitive stomachs, digestive problems, or anal gland issues. Vitamin E, Omega 6 fatty acid, and prebiotic fiber all combine to make this food an easily digestible, healthy dog food for your furry friend. The food is made with all natural ingredients, ensuring a healthy dog food.
- Formulated to help sensitive stomachs, digestive problems and anal gland issues
- Food has a massive combination of nutrients and proteins for health
- All natural ingredients ensure healthy dog food
The Pedigree High Fiber Dog Food is made with chicken, rice and various other vegetables for a great fiber boosting food. The extra fiber in the food makes it great for dogs with anal gland problems, issues digesting and other similar problems. With no added sugar, artificial flavors, high fructose corn syrup or preservatives this food is all around healthy.
- Rice and other veggies are great for fiber building
- Food is great for anal gland problems, issues with digestion, and other similar problems
- No added harmful ingredients such as sugar, artificial flavors and high fructose corn syrup
The Rachael Ray Heavy Fiber Dog Food is great for dogs with various stomach and digestion issues, even anal gland problems. With farm raised chickens and healthy fruit and veggies this food is designed to be as natural and healthy as possible. With no corn, wheat, soy, poultry, or artificial flavors this food is healthy with little to no unhealthy additives or ingredients.
- Food is great for dogs with anal gland issues, digestive problems, and sensitive stomachs
- Farm raised chickens and healthy veggies and fruits makes for good healthy food
- No corn, wheat, soy, poultry, or artificial flavors in food
The Nutro High Fiber Dog Food is packed with the healthiest ingredients, designed to help various stomach or digestive problems such as anal gland issues. With chicken, lentils and sweet potatoes this recipes covers fibers, proteins and other important nutrients while still catering to your dogs sense of taste. With a healthy blend of nutrients and fibers, this food is also great for weight loss.
- Healthiest ingredients are used, helps various stomach issues
- Chicken, lentils and sweet potatoes are used to give your dog the best food
- Nutrients, proteins and fibers make food great for weight loss
The Wellness Natural Pet Food is high in fiber and protein, making it great for various health issues including problems with anal glands. With a formula specifically balanced to cover your dog’s dietary needs while not overdoing the calories, this food is great for weight loss. No Wheat, Corn, Soy, Meat By-Products, Artificial Flavors, Colors Or Preservatives were used in this food.
- High in fiber and protein, great for digestive and stomach problems
- Formula covers necessary nutrients while cutting out extra calories
- No added harmful ingredients, ensuring your dog’s health
The Nature’s Recipe High Fiber Dog Food is made with only the finest ingredients, the high fiber makes it great for dogs with anal gland problems. The lamb and rice flavor makes for a tasty dinner for your pet while boosting their everyday health. The food is full of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals while having no harmful additives to best keep your dog healthy.
- High in fiber and nutrients, great for digestive help
- Lamb and rice boosts dogs immune system while tasting good to them
- No added corn, wheat, soy, poultry by-product meal, artificial colors or flavors
High Fiber Dog Food for Anal Gland Problems Buyer’s Guide
Now that you have seen some of the options available to you, there are a few terms and definitions I will be going over in a moment. If your pooch has allergies or is sensitive to certain ingredients you must check any food you buy thoroughly before purchasing. Even if the ingredient is a main one, by products may be used with that ingredients, causing an unnecessary reaction in your dog that you can avoid.
Most people have heard the term probiotics, but not prebiotics. Prebiotics is food that promotes the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the stomach. Having a food with Prebiotics is a great help for dogs with sensitive stomach or digestive issues because the additional organisms will aid them in their digesting.
This is another term that you will see a lot of if you are searching for food for a dog with a sensitive stomach. Hypoallergenic simply means it contains ingredients less likely to cause a reaction. Even if the product says it is Hypoallergenic it is still vital for you to double check their ingredients list.
Artificial flavors are used in most everything now and in dog food it is vital that you be sure the additives are not harmful to your dog’s health. Artificial flavoring is using something other than the actual ingredient to make it taste like the advertised product. For example, some brands will use things other than chicken or beef to make them smell or taste similar, but the ingredients generally cost less.
This is another term I say a lot, but very few people know what they are. Antioxidants are substances that remove potentially damaging oxidizing agents that turn your food bad quickly. Having antioxidants in the food helps it last longer after opening.