If any of the above are something your pup need to work on, then you may want to try protein heavy dog food. There are hundreds of different types of high protein dog food, some with added nutrients and vitamins besides protein, for you to choose from. Below are the top ten products I advise to you after heavy research, each item has its own product review to outline its features.
Best High Protein Dog Foods
Here are our high protein dog food reviews.
The Blue Buffalo High Protein Dog Food is made for your dogs who need more meat in their diets, whether they are low on energy or need the added support for their joints and muscles this dog food has it covered. This dog food is packed with only the best ingredients, real meat as the first ingredients and is made specifically for adult dogs. Do not feed this to puppies as it lacks the nutrients they need.
- Great for dogs who have less energy or need support for their muscles
- Made from the best ingredients with real meat as main ingredient
- Do not feed this food to puppies as it lacks the nutrients that they need for growing
The Purina Pro Plan High Protein Dog Food is made with only the best ingredients for the highest quality of food for your pooch. Live probiotics are added to the food to further boost your dog’s digestion and immune system. Vitamin A, among other vitamins, offer extra support for healthy skin and coats for any breed of dog.
- Only the highest quality of ingredients used in food
- Live probiotics in food to help with digestion and immune system
- Many vitamins packed into it to support various bodily functions on your dog
Iams High Protein Dog Food is made from the best ingredients for your dog’s health, the main ingredient is farm raised chicken for quality protein. The food is good for building your dog’s muscle strength and boosting their immune system with the vitamins and nutrients used in the food. The blend of fiber and prebiotics make for great digestion help.
- Made from highest quality of ingredients, farm raised chicken is the main
- Good for building muscle strength and immune system support
- Fiber and Prebiotics mix to help digestion in your dog
Taste of the Wild High Protein Dog Food is made with real bison and venison as the main ingredients for the best possible protein in your dog’s food. Each bag is made no corn, wheat, filler, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives for the healthiest food your pup can eat. The high amounts of nutrients and vitamins allow for good growth and digestion for your pup.
- Real bison and venison as main ingredients, great for protein
- No corn, wheat, filler, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
- Food helps with growth and supporting digestion
The Crave High Protein Dog Food is made from only the best ingredients, with salmon as the main ingredient. With a completely grain free food, this brand has a great all around healthy meal for your dog to eat on a daily basis. The food has absolutely no corn, wheat, soy, or artificial flavors or colors to ensure your dog’s health.
- Salmon and other ocean fish make up the main ingredients
- Completely grain free for your dog’s health during meal time
- No corn, wheat, soy, or other harmful additives that your dog may have a reaction to
The Diamond Naturals High Protein Dog Food is made with wild caught salmon, the main ingredient, and absolutely no grains to ensure the best quality of food for your dog. Vitamins, minerals and antioxidants work together to make the food good for bones, skin, coat and easily digestible for your dog. The food contains no corn, wheat, filler or other potentially harmful ingredients.
- Wild caught salmon as main ingredient, with no grains
- Vitamins, minerals and antioxidants make food great for all around health
- Contains no corn, wheat, fillers, or other possibly harmful ingredients
The Pedigree High Protein Dog Food is made from only the best ingredients to ensure the highest quality of food. Beef and lamb are the main ingredients to give your dog a boost to their protein and giving the food a flavorful taste they will love. The vitamins and nutrients are completely balanced to make the food the best health boost for your dog.
- Only the best ingredients to ensure high quality of food
- Beef and lamb are used as main ingredients to boost protein
- Food is completely balanced to ensure dog food is healthy
The Victor High Protein Dog Food is made completely gluten free for your dog’s allergy needs and their health. Beef, chicken, pork and fish are used in the food’s recipe, guaranteeing its high protein and other additional vitamins and nutrients. The extra vitamins also boost your dog’s digestion and their immune system every day.
- Gluten free dog food for your dog with allergies
- Beef, chicken, pork and fish are used in this food for maximum protein
- Extra vitamins boost digestion and immune strength
The Ketona High Protein Dog Food has absolutely no grains and has eighty five percent less carbohydrates in the food for your dog. There is more than forty percent protein in each bowl of food, with chicken being the main ingredient. All natural ingredients are used with added vitamins and nutrients to give your dog their best possible healthy food.
- No grains and eighty five percent less carbohydrates for healthy food
- More than forty percent of food is protein for added strength
- All ingredients are natural and of the highest quality for your dog’s food
The Solid Gold High Protein Dog Food is a holistic, grain free and gluten free dog food specifically designed to boost your dog’s all around health. The beef, eggs and peas as the main ingredients gives your food the boost to protein and vitamins your pooch needs in their daily routine. The food contains over forty percent protein and low carbohydrates.
- Grain free, gluten free and completely holistic
- Beef, eggs, and peas combine to form a healthy dog food
- Over forty percent of food is protein for your dog’s health
High Protein Dog Food Buying Guide
Now that you have seen some of the options available to you for High Protein Dog Foods, I will go over a few things. When you are browsing dog foods and they don’t specifically say they are good for protein but you want to check, look for these ingredients: Meat, Fish, Poultry, Eggs and Dairy. All of these contain protein for your dog. Now, you may be asking what all can protein help and is it necessary? The answer to the second question is a solid, Yes. Protein is one of the single most important vitamins your dog needs to consume on a regular basis. Protein helps with many things in your dog’s health, some of which are: building and repairing muscles, grows new skin cells, grows fur, builds muscle tissue, and boosting their joint health. To name a few. As you can see proteins are vitally important to almost, if not every, function of the body. Now that I’ve gone over what protein is and how it is used in the canine body, I will explain some of the terms I used above.
The simplest definition for holistic dog food is this, any dog food that is balanced in vitamins, nutrients and proteins. If your dog’s food isn’t balanced correctly many side effects can pop up. One of the most common problems from unbalanced dog food is digestive issues. If the vitamins and nutrients are out of balance or just lacking a protein, it can throw their entire diet off balance.
All natural dog food is my personal favorite type of food to get my pooch. These foods have only natural ingredients which ensures there are no nasty additives or harmful ingredients hiding away in your dog’s food. The less chemicals or processing the better it is!