Does your dog have a legume allergy or just an intolerance that makes finding dog food that fits their necessary diet difficult? No worries, while legume allergies aren’t as common as wheat, there are still dog foods out there that cater to your dog’s needs. The first thing we have to ask is what exactly are legumes and what plants do they come from?
Legumes are plants that grow in a type of pod, for example peanuts, soy, peas, lentils and clover are all from the Legume family. It is important to know this information for when you are looking for a dog food that will not cause allergic reactions in your pooch. Below are ten products I recommend, after thorough research, for your legume free dog food.
Best Legume Free Dog Foods
Here are our legume free dog food reviews.
The Stella & Chewy’s Dog Food patties are made from only the best ingredients with no legume plants to ensure a completely legume free dog food. Ninety five percent of the food is made from chicken while the last five percent is organic vegetables and fruits. All ingredients are natural with no additional preservatives or artificial flavors.
- Only the best ingredients used for highest quality of food
- Almost completely made of real meat with healthy veggies and fruits added in
- All natural dog food is great for less risk of allergic reactions
The Iams Legume Free Dog Food is made with absolutely no legume for your dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs. With quality protein, real farm raised chicken being the main ingredient, this food is great for boosting your dog’s muscle strength. Antioxidants, fiber and prebiotics combine to offer great support for digestion and immune systems.
- Made with no ingredients of the legume family
- Real chicken as main source of protein for muscle strength
- Great support for digestion and immune system
The Purina Pro Plan Legume Free Dog Food is designed for your dog’s health, with thirty percent protein and natural additional ingredients. Amino acids in food help nourish muscles, offering added strength to elderly pups or pups who are still growing. On top of muscle support, this food also strengthens joint health while increasing mobility.
- Thirty percent protein and twenty percent fat for active dogs
- Amino acids nourish muscles and bones for added health
- Food strengthens joints while increasing mobility in your pup
The Ziwi Peak Legume Free Dog Food boasts a completely grain free, healthy dog food for your pup with legume allergies. With six flavors and four sizes, the Ziwi dog food brand has a wide variety of choices for you to choose from. Ninety six percent of the total food is made of fresh meat, organs and bones for a limited ingredient and healthy dog food.
- Healthy, grain free, legume free dog food for your pup
- Wide variety of flavors and sizes for you to choose from
- Made from fresh ingredients for your dog’s health
The Natural Balance Legume Free Dog Food is perfect for those dogs with sensitive stomachs, with no legume corn, wheat, soy, or artificial flavors or colors. With a single animal protein source, your pooch has less chance of reacting negatively to the food. The brown rice contains fiber that helps with digestion in older dogs or dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- Food is great for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies
- Single animal protein, lamb, makes for lower risk of allergic reactions
- Contains fiber to help with digestion in your dog
The Nutro Legume Free Dog Food is made with three sources of animal protein, chicken, lamb and salmon, for a wide variety of nutrients. With fifteen superfood ingredients, this dog food is a well rounded meal for your pooch, boosting digestion, muscles and immune system. There are no chicken byproducts, corn, soy, wheat, artificial colors or flavors for an all around healthy food.
- Chicken, lamb and salmon are combined for greatest possible protein
- Superfoods such as Coconut, Chia, Kale, Blueberries, and various others
- No harmful additives, by products, soy, wheat, corn or artificial flavors
The Canine Caviar Legume Free Dog Food comes in eight different flavors, for those picky puppies, and three different sizes for your wallet’s convenience. The Holistic dog food is made with limited ingredients, no egg, soy, wheat, corn, dairy, potatoes and GMOs are used. This Alkaline dog food is made with no harmful fillers or additives to lower risk of allergies.
- Eight flavors, three sizes, for your variety of choosing
- Made with limited ingredients and no egg, soy, wheat, corn, dairy, potatoes, or gmo.
- Made with no harmful fillers or additives for your pups health
The Instinct Legume Free Dog Food boasts a wide variety of food flavors and sizes for you and your pet’s convenience. It is a natural food made without grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, by-product meals, artificial colors or preservatives. Seventy percent of the food is made from real animal ingredients for protein while the last thirty percent are healthy vegetables for an all natural dog food.
- Variety of food flavors and sizes for your dog’s happiness and your wallet’s convenience
- No harmful additives, or unhealthy ingredients, for your dog’ food
- Seventy percent meat, thirty percent vegetables and completely all natural
The American Natural Premium Legume Free Dog Food has carefully chosen, all natural and healthy ingredients to best support your dog. This food is great for all life stages of dog, the massive amounts of nutrients offered making it great for even the growing puppy. Completely grain free for those dogs who have problems digesting food.
- All natural and healthy ingredients for your dog
- Food is great for dogs of any age, from puppy to senior
- Grain free and legume free makes it great for dogs with allergies
Nature’s Logic Legume Free Dog Food is made with no wheat, corn, rice, soy, potato, peas or lentils for your dog with a sensitive stomach or allergies. With a mixture of probiotics and enzymes, this food supports digestion and immune system on a daily basis. Every ingredient is healthy and natural for a completely safe dog food.
- No wheat, corn, rice, soy, potatoe, peas or lentils.
- Probiotics combined with enzymes for great digestive support
- All natural dog food, great for allergies or sensitive stomachs
Legume Free Dog Food Buying Guide
Now that you have seen some of the possibilities of Legume Free Dog Food for you to choose from, I will remind you to always check the ingredients lists on every bag of dog food you buy. If there is small print, be sure to examine it extra closely. Not all dog foods that are advertised as Legume Free are actually safe for your dog to eat. Remember, Legume is any plant that grows in a shell such as peanuts or peas, so if you see these ingredients in the list then that food is NOT safe for your dog. Now I will explain further on some of the terms I used above.
Holistic dog foods are simply foods that are balanced in their nutrients and vitamins. This provides your dog with the best possible nutrition on a daily basis, giving them all their necessary nutrients and more. All ingredients are selected to keep the careful balance of nutrients while covering all the bases of your dog’s health.
There are very few people who know what alkaline is, aside from the alkaline batteries you see in stores. Alkaline in dog food is something that claims to keep the Ph levels balanced where they are supposed to be.
Anything with the word hypoallergenic on it means that it is designed, in one way or another, to lower risk of allergic reaction to the product. How it accomplishes that varies from product to product. For example, a hypoallergenic dog bed would repel dust mites or other such things that are known to set off allergies. Hypoallergenic dog food means it contains less or no ingredients that are known to be commonly reacted to. This is a word to look for if your dog has allergy problems, sensitive stomach, or just because they usually have a more healthy selection of ingredients.