In our guide, we are going to show you the best muzzles available for chihuahuas, and what the special features of each are. In the end, our buyer’s guide will simplify the task of choosing one, and inspire you to train your chihuahua to be accepting of muzzles.
Best Muzzles for Chihuahuas
Here are our Chihuahua muzzle reviews.
The Baskerville Ultra Muzzle from The Company of Animals is a durable basket style muzzle. It is designed to allow enough room for drinking, receiving treats, and panting. The bottom loop allows it to attach to your dog’s existing collar.
- Can be heat shaped to specifically fit your dog’s snout
- Optional overhead strap for additional security
- Available in six sizes and two colors
The Downtown Pet Supply Quick Fit Dog Muzzle is a strong sheath style muzzle. It is designed for short-snouted dogs and has a single adjustable neck strap. It is constructed from strong solid nylon fabric with a soft inner lining.
- Machine washable on cool
- Easy to put on and take off with the quick-release buckle
- Available in nine sizes for the best possible fit
The GoodBoy Gentle Muzzle Guard for Dogs can reduce your dog’s ability to bite, bark, and chew, while still allowing drinking, receiving treats, and panting. The soft design and open front eliminate the chafing and hotspots that can often develop with other styles. It is designed with neoprene padding for optimal comfort.
- Stay-Fit connection easily keeps the muzzle in place
- Utilizes high-quality quick-release buckles that don’t loosen over time
- Available in four sizes
The Weebo Pets Breathable Nylon Cloth Safety Muzzle is a sheath style muzzle for average snouted dogs. It is designed to stop biting, nipping, and barking. The durable yet breathable nylon fabric is washable.
- Soft padded piping protects your dog’s nose from chafing
- Perfect for short-duration muzzling needs
- Adjustable neck strap and quick-release buckle provide a good fit and ease of use
The Mark deAndrew Nylon Dog Muzzle is a nylon sheath style muzzle. It is designed to prevent biting and chewing. The velcro adjustable snout sheath helps provide a perfect fit.
- Great for protective or reactive dogs
- Ergonomic safety strap keeps the muzzle securely in place
- Adjustable neck strap and quick-release buckle
The Paxton Adjustable Quick Fit Plastic Muzzle from Alfie Pet is a stylish orange basket muzzle. It is designed to prevent biting, chewing, and barking. It is constructed from strong yet flexible plastic.
- The open design ensures maximum breathability
- Adjustable nylon strap and quick-release buckle for easy use and a good fit
- Several sizes available depending on snout measurements
The Petneces Dog Muzzle is a full face muzzle with eye protection. It is constructed from durable nylon and a breathable mesh. It is designed to stop biting and licking.
- Blue eye shades
- Adjustable straps and quick-release buckle for easy and effective muzzling
- Soft bumpers to protect the eyes from rubbing on the mesh
The Four Flags Quick Muzzle is a durable nylon sheath style muzzle for your chihuahua. It is designed to keep the jaws firmly closed and is perfect for short term use. The adjustable neck strap allows for a custom fit.
- The quick-release buckle makes it easy to quickly put on and take off
- Durable nylon is machine washable
- Reinforced stitching for years of use
The Brook Adjustable Synthetic Leather Basket Muzzle from Alfie Pet is an adjustable open-front muzzle. The synthetic leather muzzle has two adjustable chin straps to make sure the muzzling is effective. The neck strap can be used with the dog’s existing collar.
- Prevents biting, licking, and barking
- The lightweight open-front design allows excellent ventilation
- Includes a leather punch for customizing the strap fit
The ViMall Dog Muzzle is a cute sheath style muzzle for your chihuahua. It is made from non-toxic pet-safe silicone. It is designed to stop biting, chewing, licking, and even barking.
- Sheath design keeps your dog’s mouth closed and unable to bite, bark, or chew
- The adjustable strap and quick-release buckle makes an easy fit and quick to take off and put on
- The adorable duckbill shape makes your little furry friend even cuter
Chihuahua Muzzle Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a muzzle for your chihuahua, you should consider what behavior you are trying to correct or prevent, and how long they will need to wear the muzzle.
If your canine companion tends to nip or bite, or if they chew on things they shouldn’t be chewing on, the best choice is going to be a basket style. Although, if they are extremely persistent, a strap or sheath style would be your plan B. Basket muzzles can be worn for much longer periods, because they allow more breathability and they don’t stop your dog from panting.
If you need to stop barking or licking, you should go right for the sheath style, as they will keep the jaws closed or nearly closed, so licking and barking won’t be an issue. If using a sheath style, you should pay close attention to how long they will have it on, as sheath muzzles should only be used for short periods of time.
Chihuahua Muzzle Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has helped you to narrow down the choices for chihuahua muzzles. As long as you take into account what type of behavior you want to change, and how long your chihuahua will be wearing it, you will be well-equipped to choose the right muzzle for your needs.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Crate for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Bed for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Brush for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Toys for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Collar for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Harness for Chihuahuas
- Dog Shampoo for Chihuahuas
- Best Puppy Food for Chihuahuas