Do you have an aggressive pitbull that you want to train to be more people friendly, but don’t know how? A muzzle is the solution to your problem, now many people hear the word muzzle and horrible images come to mind but that isn’t always the case. The best pitbull muzzles are just like any other tool, when misused they can have devastating consequences. Muzzles are a valuable asset to have when you are teaching an aggressive dog to behave around children, as you don’t have to risk injury on the child’s part.
When you buy your pit bull a muzzle there are many different designs for you to choose from and it is important to go through which ever one you choose carefully to be sure it will fit your pitbull. Below are the top ten muzzle recommendations that are safe, comfortable and reliable.
Best Muzzles for Pitbulls
Here are our pitbull muzzle reviews.
The Baskerville Dog Muzzle is lined with the highest quality of soft neoprene, guaranteeing your dog’s comfort while out on walks, vet visits or other such situations. The easy drinking and eating access is designed to work with many dog breeds, including being a muzzle for pitbulls. With heat shaping, this muzzle can be made to fit to your dog’s individual muzzle.
- Made from the highest quality of neoprene for comfort
- Easy drinking and eating access, for your peace of mind
- Heat shaping feature allows muzzle to form to your dog’s jaw
The basket on the Barkless Dog Muzzle is made from the highest quality of silicone for your dog’s comfort while out on vet visits or walks. The design is made to allow drinking and panting, making it a great muzzle for pitbulls. The muzzle is breathable and light weight, making it easy to wear for long hours of use without rubbing or chafing your dog.
- Made from high durability silicone for strength and comfort
- Design allows drinking and panting, increasing your comfort
- Muzzle is light weight and comfortable to wear for long periods of time
The Goodboy Dog Muzzle is made with your dog’s comfort in mind while still fulfilling its purpose, the soft neoprene padding makes for a non chafing fit. The muzzle is adjustable to your dog’s jaw size needs and makes putting on and taking off easy with single side buckle. The design allows for drinking and panting with no stress, great muzzle for pitbulls.
- Soft, neoprene padding used to offer best comfort possible
- Adjustable muzzle makes for perfect fit to individual dogs
- Drinking and panting can be done while wearing the muzzle, humane choice
The Lepark Dog Muzzle is made from the highest quality of nylon to ensure its long lasting use and strength, making it a great muzzle for pitbulls. The muzzle comes in sizes small to triple extra large, guaranteeing a fit for any breed of dog. You can adjust the muzzle to your dogs jaw, allowing them to drink and pant, which greatly reduces their anxiety about wearing it.
- Durable nylon makes for great, durable muzzle while still being comfortable
- Muzzle comes in sizes for most dog breeds
- Adjustable to dog’s jaw, allowing easy drinking and panting
The CollarDirect Dog Muzzle is made for your dog’s comfort and your peace of mind while out on walks or going to high stress situations. The material is a soft and breathable nylon, allowing for all day use without chafing or rubbing painfully, and is perfect muzzle for pitbulls. The muzzle is soft to the touch and easy to clean for your convenience.
- Made for both comfort and reliability with high quality materials
- Soft and breathable nylon, can be used for long periods of time
- Soft to the touch, easy to clean for your ease
The Canine Friendly Dog Muzzle is an ideal muzzle for pitbulls and other similar breeds, with the medium length snout. It comes in four sizes, allowing for a fit to most if not all dog breeds, and two colors for your choosing. With the adjustable slider you can fit it to you dog’s snout and it also allows for an easier time getting ready.
- Medium length snout on muzzle makes it great for pitbulls
- Variety of sizes to fit any breed of dog and two colors to choose from
- Adjustable slider fits to your dog’s snout and makes getting ready easier
The Slowton Dog Muzzle is an adjustable fit, making it a great muzzle for pitbulls whose snouts are oddly shaped at times. The muzzle is lined with a soft padding to avoid painful rubbing and chafing while still doing its job. Interwoven into the fabric is reflective material, making your night walks safer for both you and your puppy.
- Adjustable fit muzzle, great for fitting to your dogs snout
- Lined with soft padding, great for anti rubbing and anti chafing
- Reflective material is interwoven, great for safer walks
The Wintchuk Dog Muzzle is made for your dog’s comfort while still doing its job during walks, vet visits or other stressful activities. Made from a soft but sturdy silicone, this muzzle will hold up to years of use while still being comfortable for your dog to wear. The muzzle is adjustable to best fit any dog breed, coming in multiple sizes.
- Muzzle is made for walk training, vet visits, grooming visits and other nervous situations
- Sturdy silicone is gentle on dog’s mouth while still being durable
- Adjustable muzzle is great to fit to your dog’s snout
The BRONZEDOG Dog Muzzle is designed to give your pooch the best possible comfort, while still serving the purpose of keeping their jaw from opening. This is a muzzle for pitbulls and other larger breed dogs, but it comes in a variety of sizes for your convenience. The design is made to allow drinking and panting, increasing your comfort with the product.
- Muzzle is made for your dog’s comfort and your peace of mind
- Comes in variety of sizes for most dog breeds
- Allows for drinking and panting, giving you confidence in the product
The Barkless Dog Muzzle Basket is specifically designed to offer your dog every comfort possible while you have them out and about, the muzzle is made from the highest quality of materials. A collar and training guide are included, for your convenience, and the collar matches the muzzle. The muzzle is made to allow your dog to eat, drink and pant making it humane as possible.
- Muzzle is made from highest quality of silicone
- Collar and training guide come with it as a set
- Muzzle is designed to allow dog to eat, drink and pant
Muzzle for Pit-bulls Buying Guide
Now that you’ve seen some of the types of muzzles for pitbulls on the market, there are a few things I would like to reiterate before your purchase your muzzle. Some of the most important things to remember when buying one are these rules: Always be sure the muzzle fits your pitbull correctly before using, if it is too tight it can cut off air flow or similar problems. Make sure your dog has room enough to pant and drink, at least if not also having room to eat, while not having enough room to fully open their jaws. Check the material to be sure that it is anti chafing as when dog’s first begin wearing a muzzle they may pull against it until they adjust. Below are some terms you may want to look for while choosing your muzzle for pitbulls.
This is an important quality as if the muzzle is breathable there will be less chance of your dog having breathing troubles. Another word for breathable is light weight, as the less heavy the muzzle is the easier it is for your dog to carry it around all day.
Silicone is one of the top most used materials in dog products because it is a sturdy material but it is also comfortable to the touch, reducing risk of rubbing or chafing. You should still slip a finger in between the muzzle and your dog’s snout to be sure there is enough room though.
This, while not a vital feature, is a very nice one to have on any product. Having an adjustable muzzle allows for you to better fit it to your pups mouth. Many muzzles will shift around if not situated correctly but adjustable allows for a snug fit without tightening painfully to your dog’s snout.
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Collar
- Best Dog Training Book
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Harnesses
- Best Large Dog Harnesses
- Best Dog Slip Leads
- Best Step-In Dog Harnesses
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Muzzles
- Best Dog Food for Pitbulls