They’re great for all dogs, but particularly for aging pooches that suffer from arthritis or hip and elbow dysplasia, or dogs that are genetically predisposed from such issues; they’re also great for dogs that have sustained injuries. Heck, orthopedic mattresses are beneficial for pups of all ages, sizes, and even those who are in the best possible health!
Manufacturers have taken note of the benefits that this type of bedding material can offer our four-legged friends, and now there are a ton of best orthopedic dog beds on the market to choose from!
But with so many options, how do you know which one to choose? No worries; we’ve got you covered! Here are our picks for the top orthopedic dog beds:
Best Orthopedic Dog Beds
They’re Headrest Edition Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed will truly pamper your pooch by providing him with a plush and super supportive surface where he can enjoy the most restful sleep he’s ever experienced!
This dog bed is specially designed for large and giant breed dogs that are suffering from joint problems or are prone to developing joint issues, such as Saint Bernards, Mastiffs, Newfoundlands, and Alaskan Malamutes. It measures 52 inches by 36 inches by 7 inches, so there’s plenty of space for your fur-baby to curl up or spread out and enjoy a restful slumber.
Made with premium quality American orthopedic foam, this bed may be able to help prevent and can soothe joint pain by providing pressure point relief in the joints.
It also features a pillow, which your pooch can use to rest his head on while he sleeps. The bed is handmade in the USA and is built to last; in fact, it won’t flatten out and it actually retains 90 percent of its initial shape, even with consistent use.
The cover is made of 100 percent microfiber, which adds to the softness, warmth, and comfort of this bed.
As an added bonus, it’s machine washable for hassle-free care. Based on the reviews that we read, it seems like most pet parents who have used this orthopedic dog bed are very impressed with it.
Reviewers said that it’s well crafted, it retains its shape, and it seems to provide soothing relief.
What We Like About It
- Made of premium quality orthopedic foam
- Retains 90 percent of its shape
- Features a bolster pillow for head support
- Can ease or prevent joint issues
- Large enough for giant breed dogs
- Machine washable
- 100 percent microfiber cover
- Made in the USA
Reasons to Complain
- The price is pretty steep
Final Verdict: If you’re looking for a supportive bed for your large or giant breed dog, the Big Barker Headrest Edition Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed is definitely an option worth considering.
While the price may be high, given the fact that it’s made of outstanding orthopedic foam, it’s handcrafted, and it’s so large, the cost is worth the investment.
Their Quilted Orthopedic Sofa Dog and Cat Bed is made with the same quality of all of the other supplies that they offer and is specifically designed to provide dogs of all sizes with a comfortable place to rest.
This dog bed features a medical grade orthopedic foam base, which helps to relieve pressure point buildup, thereby reducing and possibly preventing joint pain. It also features egg crate foam, which allows for air circulation and cradles the body, providing further pressure point relief.
There are three bolsters, which offer additional support and serve as a comfortable place for your pup to rest his head while he’s lounging or sleeping. Covered with quilted suede, this bed is super soft and quite luxurious.
Since its low to the ground, your pup will have no problem stepping on and stepping off the bed.
It’s available in four sizes, including small, medium, large, and jumbo, so you’ll be able to find the right option to accommodate your furry friend.
It also comes in four colors: silver gray, wine red, navy, and warm brown. It’s also easy to care for, as the cover can be removed and machine washed.
Most customers are very happy with this orthopedic dog bed. They say that it looks like a stylish piece of furniture and they love the comfortable support it provides.
What We Like About It
- Made of medical grade orthopedic foam
- Topped with egg crate foam, which provides air flow
- Cradles the body, preventing pressure point buildup and providing exceptional comfort
- Bolstered sides offer additional support
- Covered with a removable, machine washable quilted suede cover
- Comes in four sizes
- Available in four colors
- Affordably priced
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers said that it wasn’t as thick as they expected it to be
- Others said that it wasn’t as durable as they hoped
Final Verdict: The FurHaven Quilted Orthopedic Sofa Dog and Cat Bed offers dogs of all sizes a comfortable and supportive place to sleep.
Made with medical grade foam, egg crate foam, and a soft quilted cover, this bed is exceptionally comfortable.
This orthopedic dog bed is made of superior materials and is expertly constructed to provide extreme comfort that will last for a long time.
The design of this orthopedic dog bed is unique, as it’s a two piece bed that features a base and a removable cushion. The base is made out of orthopedic foam that reduces pressure buildup and cradles your pup.
It also features plush bolster edges that can be used as a soft headrest. The cushion is filled with polyester fiber filling, which is exceptionally soft, and it’s two sided; one is lined with Sherpa for added warmth and softness, and the other side is a soft twill fabric with a geometric print.
The bed comes in three sizes, including small/medium, large, and x-large. It’s also available in three colors and prints: earthy tone geo print, sky tone geo print, and gray basket weave print.
The bed is also machine washable, which means it’s easy to care for. Most of the customers who reviewed this orthopedic dog bed were very happy with it. They said that it’s well made, attractive, and that their dogs love it!
What We Like About It
- Has a two piece design, which features a rectangular base and a removable cushion
- The base is made of orthopedic foam
- The pillow is filled with polyester fiber filling and features Sherpa on one side and a geometric print on the other
- Bolstered offer additional support and can be used as a headrest
- Machine washable
- Available in three colors
- Available in four sizes
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers said that it wore out a lot faster than they expected it to
Final Verdict: Your four-legged family member will love curling up in the Frisco Orthopedic Sherpa Cuddler and Cushion Dog and Cat Bed. Featuring an orthopedic foam base and a plush removable cushion, this bed is the ultimate in comfort.Check Price on Chewy
Their Ortho Bolster Sleeper Pet Bed is available in four sizes, including small, medium, large, and x-large, so you should be able to find an option that will comfortably accommodate your beloved pooch.
Featuring plush poly filled bolsters, it provides added security, creating a den-like environment. The bolsters offer back support, or they can be used as a headrest.
The bed is comprised of three inches of superior quality medical grade orthopedic foam that made of recycled plastic bottles, which creates a cradling effect and helps to prevent pressure buildup in the joints and back.
The bolsters and base are covered with upholstery grade velvet and the sleeping surface is covered with micro fleece, so the entire bed is extremely plush and will certainly apply to your pooch.
The bed is available in either brown or gray, and the cover is removable and machine washable (just make sure you wash it on a gentle cycle in cold water and hang it to dry, as it can’t be head dried).
Most of the reviews that we read were quite positive. Pet parents said that their dogs seem to love this bed and that it is very soft, well constructed, and durable.
What We Like About It
- Sleeping surface is made of three inches of medical grade orthopedic foam that’s made of recycled plastic bottles
- Features super plush poly-filled bolsters
- Bolsters and base are covered with upholstery grade velvet
- Sleeping surface is covered with plush micro fleece
- Available in four sizes
- Comes in two neutral colors
- Machine washable cover
- Affordably priced
Reasons to Complain
- A few reviewers said that the bed didn’t last as long as they hoped it would
Final Verdict: If you want to provide your furry friend with the ultimate comfort, the K&H Pet Products Ortho Bolster Sleeper Pet Bed will not disappoint.
Made of three inches of medical grade, eco-friendly orthopedic foam and featuring bolsters that are filled with high quality poly fill, this orthopedic dog bed is the ultimate in comfort.
Last, but certainly not least, on our list of the best orthopedic beds for dogs is the Orthopedic Quilted Dog and Cat Couch Bed from Serta. There’s no doubt that you’ve heard of the name Serta before, as they are one of the best known manufacturers in the mattress industry.
This manufacturer doesn’t only deliver premium quality sleeping surfaces for humans; they also deliver exceptionally made sleeping surfaces for pets!
The base of this dog bed is made of four inches of premium quality orthopedic egg crate foam, which not only relieves pressure points, but it also allows for great air flow and creates a cradling effect to deliver maximum levels of comfort.
The sleeping surface is covered with super soft quilted material and the extra high bolsters along three sides offer great head, neck, and back support; your pooch will love resting his head on these built in “pillows”.
The dimensions of the bed are 34 inches by 24 inches by 8 inches, so it can comfortably accommodate, small, medium, and large breed dogs. It’s also available in three neutral colors, including gray, mocha, and tan, so it will blend in beautifully with any décor.
The cover is removable and machine washable, allowing for easy care. Most pet parents who have used this product are very happy with it, with many stating that their dogs seem to love it and that it is very well made.
What We Like About It
- The sleeping surfaces is comprised of four inches of premium quality orthopedic egg crate foam
- The bolsters are extra high, super soft, and provide added neck, head, and back support
- Can accommodate dogs that weigh up to 75 pounds
- Available in three neutral colors
- The removable cover is machine washable for easy care
- Made in the USA
Reasons to Complain
- Some users said that the padding isn’t as thick as it used to be
- Others said that the cover seems to be delicate
Final Verdict: Overall, we were very impressed with the Serta Orthopedic Quilted Dog and Cat Couch Bed. With four inches of high quality orthopedic foam and plush, extra high bolsters, it will provide your pet with plenty of comfort and support.
The 7-inch Thick High Grade Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed is made of high grade memory foam for your dog’s comfort. The removable cover makes cleaning easy and the anti-slip bottom keeps the bed from sliding.
- Foam offers excellent support for the dog.
- Easy to remove and clean cover
- None Slip Hazard Bed
The Orthopedic Sherpa Top Pet Bed has foam of an average height for your dog’s comfort. The cover is machine washable and the bed works best for elderly or ailing dogs.
- 4 inch foam works wonders for your dogs aches
- Memory foam conforms to your dog, offering better support for aging bones
- The cover is easy to remove and put back on for cleaning, no struggle to fight the foam back into it.
The Furhaven Dog Bed offers comfort with a plush cover and 6 inch foam. The case is easy to clean and stain resistant. This bed works great for dogs with joint problems.
- Soft faux fur covers are pleasant to the touch.
- Easily Removable and Machine Washable Cover
- The denser memory foam used works wonders on joints while dog sleeps.
The Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed has a 2.5″ foam base with walls at 5″. The cover is stain resistant and easy to clean.
- Dogs stretch out onto the higher walls of the bed, pulling their back into a healthy angle
- On top of being stain resistant, the cover is also water resistant.
- Special foam specifically made for orthopedics soothes aches and pains.
The Dogbed4less Memory Foam Dog Bed sits at 4-inches tall with a comfortable cover. This bed helps dogs with joint pain by using Pressure Relief to soothe the aches. The cover is washable for your cleaning ease.
- The foam has a suede protective cover.
- The memory foam presses against sore places on a dog’s body to give relief.
- Cover is easy to remove from bed and place back on, no struggle to get the bed back in.
Dogbed4less Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed comes with a liner to protect the foam and two machine washable covers. The foam is Hypoallergenic and comes in a variety of sizes.
- Liner is waterproof and has a zipper on its casing.
- The foam is designed to repel dust and allergens, creating a Hypoallergenic atmosphere for you and your pup.
- 7 different sizes available for any dog that needs it.
The Dogbed4less Premium Extra Large Head Rest Dog Bed has 4 inch, high quality, memory foam for your pooch. It is protected by extra layers and the covers are washable for convenience.
- Cooling memory foam is specially made with gel insertion to relax muscles.
- The foam is protected by two sturdy zipper canvas cases
- Easy Remove and Clean for Covers
The Pecute Large Dog Bed has a double sided cover that is machine washable for every busy pet lover out there. The foam is shredded memory foam that sits 8 inches high and is proven to help your pooch’s achy joints.
- Choose what look the bed has with its double sided pattern.
- Cover is easily removed from foam to reduce time taken to wash.
- Shredded Memory Foam sits higher than most dog beds and offers massive pain relief potential because of its unique form.
Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed uses Pressure Relief to soothe your dog to sleep. Coming with a bonus second cover, both covers are removable and machine washable.
- The specialized foam conforms to your dog’s body, the pressure massaging out aches and pains.
- Second, bonus cover that is also easy to remove and wash.
- Bed comes in 7 sizes, great for dogs of any breed.
The Donut Cuddler is 30″ around, the cover is soft and plush for your dog’s comfort. With a water resistant bottom, this bed is easy to maintain while the round shape supports better sleep.
- The faux fur cover is soft to the touch and regulates your dog’s bodyheat for a warm and comfy sleeping spot.
- Entire bed is machine washable. No removable pieces, so no risk of losing covers.
- Self warming material soothes your pooch’s hurts and sends them to sleep
Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed has a built in pillow at each end for your pup to relax on. Its liner is sturdy and easy to clean for the busy dog parent.
- Bed sits 10 inches high, offering major back and joint support for your tired pup.
- Liner is water proof and stain resistant.
- Machine washable cover for convenience and time saving.
The Large Dog Bed from Hero Dog is designed for crates or just a common bed with dimensions of 39″ x 31.5″. The foam is covered by multiple layers of extra protection and the bottom is a non-slip surface to prevent injury.
- The foam is 2 inches high with added layers of protection and comfort.
- The cover is a 2 layer, zipper type cover for added protection.
- Completely machine washable and easily removed with no struggle.
BarksBar Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed has memory foam specifically shaped to buffer and strengthen your dog’s muscles as they rest. With a high sitting foam and soft padded rim cushion this bed will ease any dog’s pain and send them off to sleep.
- Bed is ideal for medium to large dogs, but can be used by any size.
- Foam’s curved design pushes the dog’s back into the proper place for restful sleep.
- Foam stands at 10-inches for maximum relief with a non-slip bottom to avoid accidents.
Dogbed4less Jumbo Orthopedic Extreme Comfort Memory Foam Pet Bed is the perfect bed for your dog that’s on the bigger side that needs extra attention. With waterproof lining and easy to clean material the bed is made for both comfort and sensibility. Comes in XX Large or Jumbo sizes for your big furry baby.
- The cover is machine washable and easy to remove for time saving purposes.
- Two layers of cover to protect the foam underneath
- 10 inch thick insert, offering extreme support for an animal’s bones and muscle.
Sealy Lux Quad Layer Orthopedic Dog Bed is made from a special type of foam that is designed for elder or injured animals physical needs. The bed’s square shape allows your pooch to lay on either the center open area or the walls for their comfort. The cover is machine washable and easy to remove with various other smaller features to add to its overall positivity.
- Made with a specialized cooling gel, the foam keeps your pooch cool in hot days and warm during summer.
- Bed comes in all sizes for whatever your dog needs, all beds are 7 inches high and made for your dog’s relaxation
- Among the other features, the cover is also odor absorbent. This feature is nice for pups with bowl issues or skin conditions as the smell is contained at the source.
The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed is made to help many different medical conditions in your dog, the most common being joint pain. Both the foam and cover are of Premium quality for your pup’s comfort. With a design fit for dogs who have reduced mobility in their legs, your pooch wont have to jump into their bed and jar themselves.
- Dog Pain Relief for Arthritis, Hip & Elbow Dysplasia, Post Surgery, Lameness and it is Senior Supportive
- Covers are machine washable, quick drying and it comes with a waterproof mattress protector for the pups with bladder control problems.
- The front of the bed dips down for easier access, with higher walls for the dog to lounge against comfortably.
Premium Donut Dog Bed is designed for your pup to curl comfortably on top and doze off with ease. It is plush to the touch and great for dogs with Arthritis to lounge on. It comes in two separate sizes and colors for your pet’s sizing needs.
- The Poof Style bed is made soft enough for your pup to relax on while still being sturdy for their support.
- The cover is made of a faux fur and is machine washable.
- Size allows for either dogs or cats of any size who need the relief it brings.
The Romilton Memory Foam Dog Bed is made to conform to your pups body, relieving aches and pains as they relax. The cover is made of a soft material while still remaining easy to remove and clean. The foam has the perfect balance of comfort and support for your pup.
- Using pressure, this bed helps relieve arthritis, muscle stiffness, joint and hip dysplasia in your pooch.
- With a microsuede cover that is designed to be silent, your pup will be comfortable and you won’t have to hear any rustling sounds as they settle in.
- The 4-inch foam allows enough support to align the dog’s bones and muscles for comfort while still being comfortable for them to lay on.
The First-Quality Orthopedic Dog Bed stands at 5-inches high to relieve any aches they have. The foam is designed to allow your pup to sink into their new bed, giving the maximum amount of comfort. The design is clean cut and fits in with any decorations you may have in your home.
- The higher foam offers extra pressure on their aches, soothing them in their sleep.
- Instead of average shaped foam, this bed has shredded memory foam that will shift with your pup when they lay down.
- The cover is removable while being easy to wash for your convenience.
The Brindle Solid Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed comes in a variety of sizes and colors for you to choose from at your preference. Cases are stylish while being functional and machine washable. and the foam has multiple layers to better support and comfort your pup.
- The bed is hypoallergenic, repelling dust mites and other irritants to your dog’s sensitive nose.
- Water proof cases protect against accidents, dirt and hair.
- Foam has two layers, the bottom two inch layer is denser foam as to offer the best support while the top two inches is a softer and more comfortable material.
BarkBox Memory Foam Dog Bed is specially designed for dogs with various aches to help them get a restful and pain free sleep. Coming in a wide variety of beds, you’re guaranteed to find one that both you and your pet will love. As a bonus it comes with a free sqeaky toy for your pup to play with.
- The therapeutic cooling gel infused memory foam comforts your dog as they slip off to sleep.
- Cover is easily removed and water resistant for older dogs who lack bladder control.
- Bed comes in all sizes, works for either cats or dogs, and comes in four stylish colors.
The Pet Support Systems Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Beds is an eco-friendly, hypoallergenic dog bed that is made for leisure. With its high quality memory foam and removable case, this bed is the best of both worlds for you and your pooch.
- Made in all sizes for any dog breed with four colors to choose from.
- The bed is resistant to temperature changes, adding another layer of comfort for your pup.
- The foam used is 5 times denser than most average memory foams.
The ehomegoods Orthopedic Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Pad is for medium to large dogs and great for crates. It comes with two additional covers, all of which are machine washable, and the foam is high density without being multiple layers.
- This bed is wonderful for crates, the size easily covering the entire space on the floor. Your pup doesnt have to lay on that cold floor anymore with this bed.
- Shape stays the same even after long usage. The foam goes back to its original form.
- The material is naturally antimicrobial and resistant to mold, bacteria and dust mites giving your dog a better sleep.
The Treat A Dog Puprug Orthopedic Dog Bed is made from the highest quality memory foam for the best support your pooch can get. The covering is plush for your dog’s comfort, the cover is removable and washable for your convenience. The design looks nice in any home, coming in two colors for your choice.
- The cover is made of faux fur, soft while being guilt free and no animal cruelty.
- Orthopedic Foam is designed to place pressure on joints and sore muscles to relieve them.
- The bed is made with elderly dogs with mobility issues in mind, no high walls for them to step over.
The JOYELF Medium Dog Bed is made from specialized Orthopedic Foam to relieve your dog’s aches and pains. The bed comes in two styles, a square or a boat, yes I did say boat. The style offers a pleasing to the eye bed that is comfortable for your pup. The high ends of the bed protects your pups neck while they rest.
- Cover has two sides for you to choose from, a wool side for winter and a suede one for summer.
- Bottom of bed is non-slip, safer with reduced risk of accidents.
- Comes with a bonus of a toy for your pup.
31. URPOWER Dog Bed
The URPOWER Dog Bed has an inner liner that is water resistant for when accidents happen and easy to clean. With high quality memory foam and non slip material on bottom, this bed provides safety and support. This bed is ideal for medium to large animals, good for cats as well as dogs.
- Covers are easily removable and machine washable.
- 4-inch memory foam base is ideal for dogs with mobility issues.
- The wall around the bed gives your pooch or feline a place to lean against as they relax.
The Go Pet Club Solid Memory Foam Orthopedic Pet Bed sports a simple design that matches any decor you may have. Coming in four sizes and four colors to choose from, this bed fits any dog breed that needs the relief it provides. High denisty memory foam offers supreme support for your pup’s aches.
- Has two layers of protection for the foam, a water resistant liner and a suede cover to keep stains off.
- Suede cover has a zipper and non-slip bottom for comfort and safety.
- Will keep its shape over time.
The UFBemo Orthopedic Large Dog Bed offers great support in its poly-fill stuffing. The bed is designed with waterproofing material that is easy to clean. With its non-skid base, you dont have to worry about your pup accidentally injuring themselves.
- The back of the bed has a raised wall, similar to a couch, for your pup to lounge on.
- The cover is removable and durable to last as long as you need it to.
- Cover is anti-tear and hair resistant, making cleaning that much easier with its machine washable feature.
The HARMONY Cuddler Orthopedic Dog Bed in Blue is an aesthetically pleasing bed that is sized for medium dogs or cats. With its reversible surface, you can choose what you want the bed to look like. The superior material uses pressure to relieve your pups pain.
- Cover is removable and machine washable
- Slight wall around bed is best for pups who like to stretch out, pressing their bones into the correct posture.
- Cover is plush to the touch and guaranteed to be comfortable for your pooch.
35. AsFrost Dog Bed
The AsFrost Dog Bed is made from a specialized Orthopedic material for the best pain relief results. This bed is for medium or large size dogs and comes in two colors. Cover is ultra soft to match the comfortable padding.
- Cover is Polyester with a quilted design.
- Foam base is 4-inches high and curved to cradle your pup.
- Non-slip base offers reduced risk of accidents.
The Snoozer Super Orthopedic Lounge Pet Bed is made from thick memory foam for better support and pain relief. This bed is low maintenance and simple in appearance, fitting in to any home’s decor.
- Cover is removable and machine washable, however it is a hang dry not a machine dry
- Cover is water proof for accident protection.
- Comes in 3 sizes with 9 different styles to choose from
The Bully beds Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed comes in sizes Medium to Extra Extra Large for your big furry baby. The foam is medical grade, orthopedic and the best for supporting your pup’s bones while they sleep. Each bed comes with a warer proof liner for when accidents happen.
- Designed to support and cradle joints to stop pain
- Cover is removable and machine washable. The internal cover is completely water proof.
- Has a 20 Year No Flat Warranty, guaranteeing the bed will keep its form
The Petsbao Premium Orthopedic Dog Bed is solid with a dense memory foam base. The waterproof internal liner protects against accidents and odors. Simple design compliments any room it is put in.
- Easy to remove and clean cover
- Fabric on cover is durable and sturdy with a zipper close.
- Comes in small to large sizes in two different colors.
Orthopedic Dog Bed Buyer’s Guide
Like all other pet products, there are many different dog beds for pet parents to choose from. While all of them have their advantages, an orthopedic dog bed is considered one of the most luxurious options and is highly recommended for dogs that are suffering from or prone to joint issues.
Benefits of an Orthopedic Dog Bed
Why should you consider getting your pooch an orthopedic dog bed? These sleeping surfaces are beneficial for a variety of reasons. Some of the top benefits include:
- Pressure point relief, which is ideal for canines that have been diagnosed with or who are prone to developing joint issues.
- Super plush
- Provides cradling support
- Can alleviate and prevent the development of joint problems, like arthritis, and hip and elbow dysplasia
- Provides shock absorbency for even more comfort
In other words, orthopedic dog beds are intended to provide exceptional comfort for canines that have developed or could potentially develop joint woes.
Orthopedic Dog Bed Review Conclusion
If you’re looking to provide your pet with the ultimate in comfort, an orthopedic bed for dogs is definitely worth considering. These beds are ideal for dogs that experience joint issues or who are recovering from surgery; however, they provide superior comfort for dogs of all sizes and in all types of conditions – even those that don’t have joint trouble.
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpens
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennels
- Best Automatic Dog Feeders
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Waterproof Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Beds
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Bed for Large Dogs