Walking a pitbull can sometimes be a challenge. Often, they are so friendly and excitable, that they tend to want to explore and walk quickly and sometimes pull as a result. Since Pitbulls are generally large, muscly, and sometimes very stubborn canines, a harness can be an absolutely invaluable walking accessory.
In our guide, we’ll show you the best harnesses for Pitbulls available, and give a rundown of the features and benefits of each. In the end, our buyer’s guide will help simplify the task of choosing a harness for your pitbull, and hopefully inspire you to walk them safely and with confidence.
Best Harnesses for Pitbulls
Here are our Pitbull harness reviews.
The Rabbitgoo Dog Harness is a reflective no-pull harness. Each of the four sizes available has four easily adjustable straps, two on the neck and two on the chest. Ideal for enthusiastic Pitbulls that tend to pull.
- Two metal rings for different walks, chest ring to help train to reduce pulling, and back ring for casual walks or jogging
- Designed with bright reflective strips to enhance safety in low light conditions
- Constructed from durable nylon oxford, with padded chest cushion
The BABYLTRL Big Dog Harness is an adjustable no-pull harness for big dogs. It is available in four sizes based on chest girth. The choke free design is perfect for training to reduce or stop pulling.
- Fully adjustable chest and neck straps provide the perfect fit for your dog
- Metal D-ring on the chest and easy-grip handle give two options for easily controlling your dog’s movement
- Constructed with a padded chest, breathable mesh, and reflective strap
The RUFFWEAR Front Range is a heavy-duty no-pull harness. It is designed with four points of adjustment for the perfect fit without inhibiting range of motion. The chest and belly straps have foam padded strips to ensure equal pressure distribution during activities.
- Easy access ID pocket for dog tag storage
- Leash attachments on the chest and back
- Available in 5 sizes and a wide variety of colors
The PoyPet No Pull Dog Harness is a great no choke harness. It is constructed from a breathable non-toxic mesh and has two leash attachment points. The durable design allows for some stretch if your dog pulls.
- Designed with a black mesh mini pocket for your dog’s ID and your contact info
- Reflective elements to help improve visibility in low light conditions
- Available in 5 sizes and 14 colors to fit your pitbull with style
The ICEFANG Tactical Dog Harness is a heavy-duty tactical harness for Pitbulls. It is constructed to be no-rub and escape-proof. Every joint is sewn with an X-in-box pattern for ultimate security.
- Two leash attachments and control handle
- Metal buckles on the belly and chest tested to 250 and 1000 pounds, respectively
- Three strips of velcro panels for a name, ID, training patches, etc.
The Bolux Dog Harness is a breathable no-pull large dog harness. It is super comfortable and has an adjustable chest strap with buckle. It is designed with a rugged nylon handle for added dog control.
- Pulling pressure is distributed to the body to prevent dangerous choking
- Large reflective stripes enhance visibility and safety in low light
- Large sturdy metal leash ring on the back
The WINSEE Dog Harness is a great budget-friendly Pitbull harness. It comes in 4 sizes based on neck and chest girth. The sturdy handle on the back helps with additional dog control.
- Adjustment straps have a locking feature to prevent slippage or disconnection
- Dual leash attachment rings on the chest and back
- Reflective elements for walking in low light conditions
The juxzh Truelove Soft Front Dog Harness is a stylish high-end pitbull harness. It is constructed from scratch-resistant oxford material with nylon webbing. The soft sponge padding in the chest helps distribute any force evenly across the chest and shoulders.
- V-ring on the back and circle ring on the chest
- Sturdy handle for easy attachment to the vehicle seat belt for traveling
- Breathable mesh lining for optimal comfort
The Eagloo Dog Harness is a comfortable no-pull harness for your pitbull. It is constructed from durable oxford fabric with a breathable mesh inner layer. Designed with two leash points and a grab handle for extra control.
- Chest ring reduces pulling and back ring allows for relaxed walking at heel
- Sized according to chest girth for the best fit
- Fully adjustable with quick snap buckles for ease in getting the harness on and off
The OneTigris Tactical Dog Harness is a heavy-duty harness constructed from 1000D nylon. It is designed with padding in all pressure areas to prevent injury. It also has a top handle for optimal control in close quarters.
- V-ring on the chest for leash attachment
- Four quick-release buckles for easy on easy off operation
- MOLLE straps on each side and velcro strips to attach pouches or ID patches
Pitbull Harness Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a harness for your pitbull, you will want to consider a few factors. You should take into account the purpose that you need the harness for, the present walking training that your pitbull has, and of course your budget.
There are many reasons you may want to buy a harness for your pitbull. If you need one primarily for walking training and to break pulling behavior, nearly any of the harnesses we’ve shown will be sufficient. However, if you need to break your pitbull of lunging or aggression, you should definitely pick one that has a top handle, as they will provide the usual features, plus the additional close-quarters or sudden situational control. Finally, if your objective is to train your pittie as a working dog, service dog, or support dog, then the ideal harness will also have hook and loop or MOLLE attachment points, so that appropriate “in training” “do not pet” or “service animal” badging can be affixed depending on the situation.
Secondly, make sure you pay attention to your pitbull’s current skill level as it pertains to walking. If they are already familiar with staying at heel, then you likely won’t need a heavy-duty harness that is meant for restraint. On the other hand, if they are easily distracted, pull heavily, or have a tendency to lunge, then you should consider a harness that is heavier duty, with a top handle, padding, and a chest leash point to redirect the pulling force.
Budgetary concerns can also influence your choice, though probably not as much as you would initially think. Sure, there are extremes, but nearly every harness we’ve examined, even heavy-duty and tactical models, are priced very affordably at less than $50. This makes it fairly easy to pick one with the features and style you need and want, without having to sacrifice due to cost.
Harness for Pitbulls Review Conclusion
We hope our guide has helped you choose a harness for your beloved pitbull. As long as you take into account how you’ll be using it, your pit’s current behavior skill level, and how much you can afford to spend, you will be well equipped to make an effective choice in purchasing a harness for your pitbull.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Crate for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Bed for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Brush for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Toys for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Collar for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Muzzle for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Shampoo for Pitbulls