The Puli is a unique breed for many reasons. Smart, agile, energetic, loyal, and obedient, the Puli breed is coveted for not only his beautiful cord coat but also for his excellent temperament. As a special breed, your Puli requires special care. The Puli essentials listed here are the first step in giving your Puli the special care he deserves.
Best Dog Crate for Puli
The SMONTER Heavy Duty Dog Crate is ideal for active dogs that are known to escape from regular crates. As a natural escape artist, the Puli will be secure in this crate made from scratch-proof metal that is great for both indoor and outdoor adventures. With wheels on the bottom and a 10-minute installation time, this crate can be easily moved no matter where you and your Puli may want to go.
- This dog crate is easy to clean because of a removable slide-out plastic tray.
- Two patent locks prevent your adventurous pet from escaping.
- The metal used on the crate is non-toxic, which is a must-have for pets that like to chew.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for Puli
K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
For breeds, such as the Puli, that may be prone to chewing on furniture, a durable, chew-resistant dog bed is needed. The K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed serves this purpose both indoors and outdoors. Though tough, durable, and waterproof, this bed is still a cozy resting area for your beloved pet that is easy to get in and out of.
- Even the most persistent of pets cannot destroy this bed with their excessive chewing.
- To be sure, this bed is backed with a 180-Day Chew-Proof Warranty.
- This dog bed is also designed to fit inside most standard-sized dog crates.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for Puli
The BAAPET 5FT Strong Dog Leash has the strength that you will need to take your Puli for a walk, run, or hike. As an active breed, your Puli may tend to, well, pull. This leash will keep your pet securely within close distance without breaking.
- This leash is made with half-inch thick rock-climbing rope for maximum strength.
- The reflective threads help keep you and your pet safe at night.
- The leash comes with comfort-padded handles to protect your hands while taking your pet out for a stroll.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for Puli
The Puli breed is known for its unique, elegant coat, and therefore you will need a dog bowl that will not interfere with his long coat while drinking or eating. The Platinum Pets Modern Double Diner Elevated White Rimmed Pet Bowl provides enough elevation that your Puli’s coat won’t be dipping into his food every time he bends down for a bite. This bowl is also the perfect standing height for medium-sized breeds like the Puli.
- The rubber rims around the bowls prevent them from moving around in the stand, which reduces noise during dinner time.
- The elevated bowls help prevent neck strain and are at the optimum height for proper digestion.
- The coated finish prevents the bowls and stand from scratches and chipping.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for Puli
The Puli’s most distinctive feature is his beautiful coat of cords, which requires extensive grooming. When your Puli is fully grown, you will actually need to use your fingers to brush out his coat, but while he is a puppy, a bristle brush is preferred. The Oster Combination 2-in-1 Dog Brush is a bristle brush that will be perfect for a young Puli’s thick undercoat during the puppy months.
- This brush contains two tools in one: round-tipped bristles and soft bristles, creating a multi-purpose grooming tool.
- The round-tipped bristles remove tangles and dead fur.
- The soft bristles give your pet’s coat a shiny finish.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for Puli
As an active, athletic breed, your Puli was built to herd and chase. The Outward Hound Tail Teaser toy will allow your pet Puli to entertain himself doing just that- chasing! Your Puli likely has boundless energy but chasing his Tail Teaser will allow him to let out some of his built-up energy.
- This toy has a durable nylon cord for even the strongest of dogs.
- The faux fur tail rattles when shaken.
- The nylon cord allows for flexibility and plenty of stretching and tugging.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
The Puli breed was originally bred to herd cattle and sheep, as Puli dogs are natural runners. Bring your Puli back to his herding roots by gifting him with this Multipet Look Who’s Talking Sheep Plush Dog Toy. This adorable sheep contains no plastic and even makes real sheep noises!
- The built-in voice box is activated when your pet is engaged in playtime.
- The durable fabric allows for both cuddling and rough play.
- This little sheep doesn’t contain any plastic parts, so there’s no need to worry about your pet accidentally swallowing something.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
There are two things you should know about your Puli – he is energetic, and he is curious. Allow those two traits to work together while your Puli plays with the Trixie Activity Flip Board, which rewards your pet for opening various compartments. Hide your pet’s favorite treats in the compartments and watch him entertain himself – and you- for hours.
- The non-slip rubber bottom keeps the toy in place.
- Did your pet get his toy dirty? No worries- this puzzle toy is dishwasher safe.
- A booklet is included with tips to start a pet intelligence training program with your dog.
Best Dog Bones for Puli
When you give your pet a dog bone to chew on, you want it to last awhile. But, with your Puli’s energetic nature and desire to chew, most regular pet bones will be gone within a few minutes. Best Bully Sticks are different in that they are made for dogs that like to chew, so they will last longer. They also are fully digestible and are great for your pet’s teeth.
- These 6-inch long treats are perfect for medium-sized dogs like the Puli.
- The chondroitin naturally present in these treats helps strengthen your dog’s joints.
- These treats are made fully from beef gullet, so they’re packed with powerful protein.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for Puli
“Think Like a Dog, But Don’t Eat Your Poop!” is a training book written specifically for Puli owners. Inside, the Puli’s unique nature is explored, and Puli owners are given sage advice on training their Puli from puppy stage to old age. This Puli training manual covers everything from how to stop your Puli from digging, tips for reducing separation anxiety, and even Puli grooming instructions.
- This training book also includes a special section about how Puli owners need to train themselves before they start training their pet.
- You will also learn how to puppy proof your home, how to prepare yourself for puppy training, and how to be the Alpha in your training relationship.
- A bonus section about mastering Clicker Training is also included.
See other dog training book reviews.
- Bergamasco Sheepdog
- Croatian Sheepdog
- Polish Lowland Sheepdog