The Anatolian Shepherd dogs are one of the giant breeds that have an average level of activity. If you are looking for a loyal and protective dog, then Anatolian Shepherd Dog is your pal. This big guy will go up to any level to serve his master. As a return of a favor, you should keep a keen check in what your buddy eats.
As a puppy, the Anatolian Shepherd Dogs require rich sizes of meals, as they have to use the energy-driven from their food to grow and to carry out their daily chores. Several pet owners are often confused when it comes to picking a wholesome puppy food for the Anatolian Shepherd Dog, and if you are one of them, there is no need to worry now because we are here to help you out.
Best Puppy Foods for Anatolian Shepherd Dogs
Here are our puppy foods for Anatolian Shepherds reviews.
1. Purina Pro Plan Puppy Food
Purina Pro Plan has introduced this chicken and brown rice formula puppy food, especially for Giant breeds like the Anatolian Shepherd Dogs, who tend to gain more than 50 pounds once they reach adolescence. The company has generated a wholesome diet by using real meat in the form of chicken as its first ingredient, and the list goes on with several essential dietary elements such as omega fatty acids, probiotics, and many others.
- Improves the digestive health and immune response of your puppy
- Contains DHA which will help in improving the cognitive ability and vision of your Anatolian Shepherd
- Rich in protein
2. Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Food
Designed with a formula that is enhanced with superfoods and advanced probiotics, Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food is all you should buy for your Anatolian Shepherd Dog if you are worried about his immune system when he is in his puppyhood. This puppy food contains real lamb meat as its primary ingredient to ensure that your pup gets the right protein levels.
- Contains real fruits, vegetables, and minerals along with protein-rich lamb meat
- Contains omega fatty acids that promote the growth of a glistening coat of your Anatolian Shepherd Dog
- Made in the USA
3. Purina ONE SmartBlend Large Breed Puppy Food
If you were looking for feeding your Anatolian Shepherd pup with a precise mixture of nutrients, then Purina ONE’s SmartBlend is the right choice for you. This delicious puppy food, having scrumptious meaty morsels, is undoubtedly mouth watering for your Anatolian Shepherd. The food has the perfect mixture of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrition.
- It contains real chicken as its primary ingredient to promote stronger muscles and bones.
- Features a dual defense approach of antioxidant, coupling Vitamin A and E with selenium and zinc
- Contains DHA for better development of vision and brain
4. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Large Breed Puppy Food
Using chicken as one of its primary ingredients, Blue Buffalo has formulated a protein-rich, pain-free puppy food for your young Anatolian Shepherd Dog. This protein-rich kibble also features several other essential features, such as DHA, phosphorus, calcium, cranberries, blackberries, and blueberries.
- Builds stronger bones and muscles
- Promotes the growth of a healthy, glossy coat
- Specially designed for puppies who have a risk of developing food-related allergies
5. Hill’s Science Diet Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
Hill’s Science Diet features the perfect blend of nutrition that has been specially designed for giant puppies like the Anatolian Shepherd Dogs. This dog food has been formulated for those puppies who are under one year of age; therefore, it contains controlled levels of calcium to ensure optimal development of bones as per the age.
- Ensures stronger muscles and bones by having precise levels of chondroitin and glucosamine
- Contains antioxidants
- Made in the USA
Puppy Food for Anatolian Shepherd Dog Buyer’s Guide
As puppies, the Anatolian Shepherd Dogs are around 19 inches tall and roughly weigh around 75 pounds. These giant puppies need a plentiful amount of puppy food to maintain good health and to promote the precise development of muscles and bones that is better for them. There are several factors that are to be checked while buying puppy food for an Anatolian Shepherd Dog. We took all such factors into consideration while making our selection of the best puppy foods so that you get a better picture.
We understand that some of you might still be confused, so we have shared our buyer’s guide with you. In our buyer’s guide, we have discussed every important factor whose knowledge will help you make the right decision.
Although you are buying food for your Anatolian Shepherd puppy and you know you will only be going for puppy foods, there are several variations among puppy foods as well. Puppy foods are often designed for a particular age group; for instance, there are many which are only suitable for puppies who are under one year old. So, you should always check the age boundaries of puppy food, if there is any, while you buy it for your Anatolian Shepherd Dog.
When selecting a puppy food for your Anatolian Shepherd Dog, you should always check if the label contains ingredients that promote the growth of muscles and bones, along with those that are better for a healthier digestive and immune system. Furthermore, the presence of those ingredients which promotes a better coat and skin. The ingredients which do promote these aspects entails;
- Real meat (chicken, lamb, salmon, turkey, beef, etc.)
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Real fruits and vegetables
- How Much Does An Anatolian Shepherd Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Accessories for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Food for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Anatolian Shepherds
- Best Training Book for Anatolian Shepherds