A cross between two purebred species, Australian Shepherds and Pomeranian, Aussie Poms were bred to be an amiable companion dog. Though they are affectionate and fun-loving temperament, they are not a very active breed. Like both of its parent breeds, Aussie poms are also prone to weight gain.
Therefore, a wholesome diet becomes a necessity to ensure their proper growth, especially when they are puppies. The following reviews of the top five puppy food for Aussie poms will help you ensure their healthy development.
Best Puppy Foods for Aussie Poms
Here are our puppy foods for Aussie Poms reviews.
With the novel protein sources like salmon, Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Puppy Formula Grain-free Dry Dog Food is a nutrition-rich choice for your Aussie Pom. It provides them with the energy they require for proper growth and takes care of their stronger muscles. The omega fatty acids are a must in the ingredients of Taste of the Wild, which nourishes their coat and keeps their skin healthy.
- Enriched with antioxidants and vitamins, derived from fruits and vegetables.
- Ingredients from sustainable sources.
- K9 probiotic bacteria work on their digestive health.
Created to keep your Aussie Pom healthy, Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is enriched with high-protein source, chicken, and Super 7 package of antioxidants. Along with stimulating their digestive system, this diet ensures the proper development of your Aussie Pom puppy. It has all the fulfilling ingredients including calcium, phosphorus, and essential vitamin sources.
- Small-sized kibbles ensure tartar reduction.
- Grain-free diet without any artificial elements.
- Enriched with DHA and ARA for healthier brain and eye development.
Packed with DHA sources like fish oil, Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is one of the best options for their cognitive development. This diet is specifically formulated for puppies and includes all the extra ingredients necessary for them. Calcium and phosphorus help develop healthier teeth and bones, and protein keeps their muscles lean.
- Live probiotics are essential for their digestive health.
- Antioxidants improve their immunity.
- Rich in omega fatty acids.
Ensure a proper growth of your Aussie Pom puppy with Rachael Ray Nutrish Bright Puppy Natural Real Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food. With U.S. raised chicken as the primary ingredient, this diet ensures their healthy muscle growth. Fruits and vegetables are rich in fibers, enhancing their digestive system, and Vitamin C from cranberries keeps their immunity intact.
- Includes DHA, which takes care of their brain and eye development.
- The chicken is slow-roasted to remove moisture and lock all the enticing flavors.
- Does not include artificial elements or by-products.
Get a precise formula for your Aussie Pom puppy with Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Chicken Meal & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food. Its wholesome ingredients ensure their proper development of the brain, eyes, and muscles. Antioxidants, along with vitamins E and C, combine to enhance their immune system.
- Includes DHA derived from fish oil.
- High-quality diet without any artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Appropriate for puppies up to 1 year.
Puppy Foods For Aussie Poms Buyer’s Guide
Aussie Poms are likely to be healthier than their parent purebreds. Though excessive weight might lead to loose kneecaps, which they are prone to. But an optimum balance between protein and fat will prevent it in the best way possible. Various factors influence the nutritional value of the product, and the following ones will guide you through buying a wholesome puppy food for your Aussie Pom.
Puppies require more care than the adult ones as any negligence at this age can cost them their whole life. A high protein diet is important for their proper growth, and they must be kept away from chemical based ingredients. They also require ingredients like glucosamine and chondroitin for stronger bones and muscles. At this age, Aussie Pom puppies also have growing teeth. Calcium and phosphorus enhance the strength of their teeth and bones. Other than that, essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, fibers, omega fatty acids, and DHA should also be a part of an ingredient for better digestion, healthier coat, and cognitive development.
The Aussie Poms are prone to weight gains like their parent breeds, Australian Shepherds, and Pomeranian. Therefore, ingredients must not contain fillers as it can cause bloating and play a vital role in making them overweight. Extra weight may lead to loose kneecaps later. You should ensure regular veterinarian check-ups and consult them to know the optimum amount of calories to maintain their healthy weight.
Designer breeds are relatively healthier than the purebreds, and so are Aussie Poms. However, they can still get allergic to some food ingredients. The reason might be chemical ingredients like preservatives and flavors or even common ingredients like meat, fruits, and vegetables. So the most appropriate solution to this could be consulting your vet.
Dry dog food- We consider dry dog food to be the best option for your Aussie Poms puppies. They are high in calorie density and hence, need less food to fulfill their daily requirement.
Wet dog food- They are easy to digest but not the best possible option, according to us. With low-calorie density, it gets a little more expensive than dry dog food. You cannot change the water content of the diet.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Crate for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Bed for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Brush for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Toys for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Collar for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Harness for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Muzzle for Aussie Poms
- Best Dog Shampoo for Aussie Poms
- Best Training Book for Aussie Poms