Are you looking for an active dog that can serve as a family pet and a herding dog? Australian Shepherds are intelligent animals that can be trained to perform various tasks including sporting activities. They need to consume meals rich in protein, carbohydrates, fatty acids, and essential minerals.
But feeding these exclusive pets is not a day’s job because they are susceptible to allergies and stomach sensitivities. You need to select the best puppy food suitable for your Australian Shepherds since there are varieties on the market.
Best Puppy Food for Australian Shepherds
These are our puppy food for Australian Shepherds reviews.
Australian Shepherds puppies need high-quality foods to begin life well. Purina Pro Plan Dry Puppy food is formulated with chicken as the first ingredient and other nourishing nutrients to support the active lifestyle of your pet. Your Aussie’s pup will enjoy this meal prepared in small kibbles that its jaws can munch perfectly.
- It contains DHA for proper brain functions and clearer vision.
- Rich in antioxidants to boost the immune system of your Australian Shepherd puppies.
- It is a dry puppy food.
CANIDAE All Life Stages Dry Dog Food contains varieties of proteins prepared from chicken, turkey, lamb, and fish including whole grains for a nourishing meal. This dog meal is fortified with antioxidants to promote the immune system and probiotics for healthy digestive processes. It is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to maintain the coat and fur of your Australian Shepherds pups.
- Chicken is the first ingredient.
- Suitable for a family with Australian Shepherds of all life stages.
- It contains no fillers like soy, corn, and wheat.
Taste of the Wild High Protein Dog Food contains highly digestible proteins from roasted venison and bison suitable for growing Australian Shepherds puppies. This dog diet contains sweet potatoes and peas to provide Aussie puppies with the right amount of energy needed to remain active all day. Fruits, vegetables, and legumes are added to provide antioxidants for the wellbeing of your pets.
- Fortified with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for healthy skin and silky fur.
- It contains a K9 strain of probiotics for digestion and immunity.
- No synthetic flavor, color, wheat, corn, and grains.
ORIJEN High-Protein Dry Dog Food is made of five different animal ingredients such as chicken, turkey, flounder, herring, and cage-free eggs. This grain-free product is suitable for Australian Shepherds of all life stages and those with food allergies and sensitivities. It is loaded with fats for the optimal health of your Aussie puppies.
- Nourishes Aussies according to their biological needs.
- Animal protein is the first ingredient.
- Made with fresh fruits and vegetables.
Blue Buffalo High Protein Puppy Dog Food is made to help your Australian Shepherds puppy thrive and grow well. This dog food formulation has real meat as the first ingredient and other natural ingredients for the wellbeing of your pet. It is prepared in small kibbles suitable for the jaws of your Aussie puppies.
- Fortified with DHA and ARA for cognitive functions.
- A blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to boost the immune system.
- It contains no synthetic flavors, preservatives, poultry by-products, soy, and wheat.
Australian Shepherd Puppy Food Buying Guide
Maintaining the health of your Australian Shepherds puppies needs nourishing meals. These diets should be fortified with antioxidants, proteins, carbohydrates, and fatty acids. If your dog has allergies or stomach sensitivities, you should carefully select the types of foods with the necessary ingredients to avoid complications.
A full description of the required ingredients in the Australian Shepherd puppy’s food:
Purchase a dog meal that contains antioxidants suitable for Australian Shepherds puppies. Fruits and vegetables are the main sources of this ingredient. It is necessary to enhance your pet’s immunity and maintain good health.
Other sources of antioxidants include garlic, onions, citrus fruits, eggplant, nuts, whole grains, fish, poultry, and some meats.
Fatty acids such as omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids derived from fish oil. It is relevant in maintaining the fur and skin of your Australian Shepherds puppies.
Other sources of fats include animal fats such as pork and chicken fats. These fats are needed by your smaller canines for proper growth and development. Plant oils from whole grains, canola oil, and flaxseed oil are essential for your Aussies pup.
The young ones of Australian Shepherds need foods with a good proportion of carbohydrates. This food nutrient is essential to boost energy and vitality in your vibrant pets.
Grains, fruits, and vegetables are great sources of carbohydrates that provide energy. But some Australian Shepherds are sensitive to grains. In this case, go for dog foods labeled as ‘grain-free’.
Otherwise, feeding your Aussie pups with dog foods with grains is ideal for maximum strength and energy for your sporty companions.
The best sources of carbohydrate for dogs are wholesome grains such as brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat, oats, and bulgur. These food products are rich in fiber needed for proper digestion and bowel movement in Australian Shepherds.
The young ones of Australian Shepherds need to consume dog foods containing animal protein as the first ingredient. This is vital to help them thrive and grow well during their early stages of life. Other sources of protein in a dog’s diet include lamb, beef, pork, poultry, and fish.
DHA and ARA
Ensure that you buy a dog food loaded with Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (ARA). These are essential nutrients found in eggs and fish. They are a type of fatty acids known as PUFAs or polyunsaturated fatty acids.
These long-chain fatty acids can be found in the breast milk of nursing Australian Dogs mothers. It enriches their puppies with the nutrients for overall wellbeing.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Australian Shepherd Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Food for Australian Shepherds