Here is a list of the top five dog foods for Belgian Malinois puppies to help you make the best choice for your pet.
Best Puppy Foods for Belgian Malinois
Here are our Belgian Malinois puppy food reviews.
Eukanuba Puppy Dry Dog Food is a premium dog food that promotes healthy digestion. With chicken being the first ingredient listed, your Belgian Malinois puppy will receive a high-quality protein diet. High levels of calcium and phosphorus support muscle growth for the active Belgian Malinois.
- Balanced nutrition for large breed puppies.
- An optimal level of Omega-3 fatty acids promotes healthy brain development.
- It provides energy from fats and carbohydrates.
Royal Canin dog food is a nutritional dog food specifically developed for German Shepherd breeds like the Belgian Malinois. Containing Vitamin E in its complex antioxidants, Royal Canin dog food boosts your puppy’s immune system. High-quality proteins aid in digestive health.
- A unique kibble shape is designed to encourage chewing.
- Glucosamine promotes bone and joint health.
- Chondroitin supports a puppy’s growing body in the first 15 months.
Taste of the Wild High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Dog Food is formulated to support your Belgian Malinois at all stages of life. Roasted Bison is listed as the first ingredient, which makes this recipe unique. Your dog’s overall health is supported through natural ancient grains, including sorghum, millet, quinoa, and chia seeds.
- K9 Strain Probiotics are added to this species-specific dog food after the cooking process to promote energy.
- Active minerals such as zinc, selenium, and Vitamin E support a healthy immune system.
- Created by a team of experts in veterinary medicine, considering the latest research.
Canidae Grain Free Pure Ancestral Dry Dog Food is created with at least 6 meats in its every formula. The avian formula contains quail, chicken, duck, and turkey, guinea fowl, and pheasant. This high-protein formula offers quality, 100% grain-free nutrition.
- Probiotics are added after cooking to support your dog’s healthy digestion.
- Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids help promote a beautiful coat.
- Canidae Grain Free Pure Ancestral Dry Dog Food also comes in a fish formula.
Canine Caviar Open Sky dog food is a hypoallergenic dog food packed with nutrients and easily digestible for your Belgian Malinois. Canine Caviar is formulated with chicken and pearl millet as its main sources of protein and complex carbohydrates. All formulas are gluten-free and contain no dairy or GMOs.
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Alfalfa and peppermint chlorophyll work as a natural breath freshener.
- Highest digestibility rate of any dog food at 91-93%.
Belgian Malinois Puppy Food Buying Guide
Buying the right dog food for your Belgian Malinois puppy requires careful thought. The needs of the Belgian Malinois include specific dietary considerations. Food high in protein and amino acids repair muscle tissue and promote hair and skin cell growth. The Belgian Malinois also needs a diet high in fatty acids to boost its immune system, fight inflammation, and promote energy.
Puppy Food VS Adult Food
Many of the dog food brands available are created with the age of the dog in mind. While some brands offer separate formulas for puppies and adult dogs, other brands produce formulas that are safe for dogs of all ages. The “one size fits all” approach may be more convenient. Depending on your pet and the advice of your veterinarian; however, it may be better to select a brand that has a unique puppy formula.
The brands outlined in this list range in price from $2.07/lb to $3.90/lb, depending on the size of the bag you purchase. Pay careful attention to the size of the bag when you are comparing costs to know what you are truly paying per pound.
Another thing to keep in mind regarding cost is the ingredients found in dog food. Maybe you are willing to pay more for specific ingredients or formulas that promise specific health benefits for your dog. Dog foods with added fillers may be cheaper at the checkout, but consider what the preservatives might do to your dog’s overall health.
The ingredients in a bag of dog food are listed by weight. Look for a dog food that lists meat as the first ingredient. More specifically, look for a meat protein by name, rather than the generic use of the word meat. Unspecified meats or meat byproducts could be of low quality or low protein.
Ingredients that list more than one animal protein first might ensure your dog gets higher levels of protein. Fresh and frozen sources of meat contain a lot of water weight. To get the highest levels of protein for your dog, be sure the ingredients at the top of the list offer optimum levels of vitamins and minerals.
Finally, look for dog food formulas with natural preservatives rather than artificial preservatives. Natural preservatives come from vitamins and extracts, while artificial preservatives can offer longer expiration dates, but they are most likely not as safe for your pet.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Crate for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Bed for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Brush for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Toys for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Collar for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Harness for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Muzzle for Belgian Malinois
- Best Dog Shampoo for Belgian Malinois