To help you better grasp my point, allow me to take you through the five best puppy food products for Belgian sheepdogs.
Best Puppy Foods for Belgian Sheepdogs
Here are our Belgian Sheepdog puppy food reviews.
The Orijen puppy food is a premium dog food with about 85% animal protein content. The protein is sourced from meat, fish, cartilage, organs, among other animal protein sources. This recipe passes as natural food for Belgian sheepdog puppies.
- Made from only raw and fresh meat.
- It also contains fresh fruit and vegetables as a source of vitamins.
- It comes grain-free and dry.
This is one of the best puppy foods available for Belgian sheepdogs. The Nutro Essentials puppy food is majorly made from chicken meat, a great source of animal protein. This dog feed ratio also combines with brown rice and sweet potato to give a complete puppy diet.
- Calcium-fortified to build strong bones and teeth.
- It contains Omega-3 fatty acids essential for bodybuilding.
- Boosts puppies’ immune system with its antioxidant and vitamin constituents.
The Instinct puppy food for Belgian sheepdogs is composed essentially of chicken meat and has high protein content. This product has a natural feel to puppies as the ingredients are minimally processed but rather freeze-dried. This is a great choice for large breeds.
- Enhanced with fruits and vegetable content.
- Fortified with natural probiotics and antioxidants like Omega-3 FA, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Comes at a comparatively cheaper price.
Stella and Chewy’s puppy food boasts of 95% meat, organ, and bone content. This ensures that your Belgian sheepdog puppy’s protein need is met with its chicken and salmon ingredients. This also serves as a source of DHA (Omega-3 FA), L-carnitine, and Vitamin-E essential for healthy growth.
- It contains Chia seeds good for a fresh coat.
- No additives and preservatives used to reduce allergic tendencies
- It also contains green mussels for healthy joints.
The Hill’s science diet is specially formulated for large breed puppies such as the Belgian sheepdogs. It contains an optimal calcium level to ensure proper bone growth. It is formed with the exact ratio of high-quality protein required for growth.
- Balanced minerals content for strong teeth and bone.
- It contains DHA from fish oil.
- No artificial colors or preservatives added.
Belgian Sheepdogs Puppy Food Buying Guide
Belgian sheepdogs are a breed of highly active dogs that can be very athletic. And as a result, they best grow when they eat well-formulated meals that provide essential nutrients and the energy needed.
For Belgian sheepdog puppies, they grow best on food formulated for large-sized dogs. This is to facilitate growth in major areas like thigh, bones, groin, and muscles. All the while, keeping them active, not malnourished, and not obese.
Daily Nutrients Requirement
The dilemma of what quantity of food to give to puppies is one a lot of dog owners battle every day. However, one major determining factor is how active your puppy is. That said, most Belgian sheepdog puppies are very active and would need to be fed about 4 – 6 times a day.
In choosing the best puppy feed for your Belgian sheepdog, you should consider the ingredients properly.
According to the AAFCO standards, to facilitate growth in puppies, they need more animal protein than adult dogs. This means you should choose a food with at least 60% of animal protein content.
Specifically, your puppy food should contain protein from meat in large quantities like beef, chicken, rabbit, venison, and the likes. These are the best source of animal protein.
Fats act as a major source of energy for dogs, especially active ones like Belgian sheepdog puppies. This necessitates the need for high-fat content. Sources like fish oil containing Omega-3 fatty acids are most welcomed.
Vegetables and Fruits
These are a great source of vitamins essential to boost your Belgian sheepdog puppy’s immunity. Good puppy foods have in them veggies and greens of all sources. This also aids a healthy brain and vision.
Probiotics and Other Essential Nutrients
Adding probiotics to dog food is a means of controlling the gut environment of your pet. This is helpful in preventing your Belgian sheepdog puppy from developing allergies.
Also, great puppy food includes other vital nutrient sources like cartilages and some organs to prevent puppies from developing related health conditions.
What to Watch Out for in Choosing your Puppy Food
Many times, usually due to budget cuts, dog owners opt for low-price food. However, the case might be, be wary of feeding your Belgian sheepdog puppy food containing some of these ingredients.
These have no specific nutrient value to your puppy and might even result in allergy development, as many of them are allergens.
Processed Meal or By-Products
Instead of raw and fresh meat, some dog foods opt for processed alternatives for essential dog food ingredients. This is bad for your Belgian Sheepdog puppy, as the nutrient value of the food is low, resulting in either stunted growth or obesity from overfeeding on junks.
Feeding your Belgian sheepdog puppy a high-quality, well-fortified feed is vital for its growth and activeness.
Be wary of low-quality puppy food as they can be harmful to their health. Instead, you can choose any of the best puppy food for Belgian sheepdogs we have handpicked.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Crate for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Bed for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Brush for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Toys for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Collar for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Harness for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Belgian Sheepdogs