The Black Russian Terrier puppies are one of the most high-spirited puppy pals which you will ever have. We know that some of you have owned them and are well aware of how playful and energetic these pet buddies are. Their high activity level and physical and cognitive development during puppyhood demand an abundant amount of energy.
The perfect puppy food is the need of the hour in such circumstances; therefore, you have to ensure that the puppy food that you are using is the best for these large breed puppies. It is often quite tough for pet parents to pick the right puppy food for their pet babies as they are too confused when they have to make the right choice. Therefore, we have shared our research with you all to make your life easier.
Best Puppy Food for Black Russian Terriers
Here are our puppy foods for Black Russian Terriers reviews.
1. Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy Food
Purina Pro Plan has designed a well-formulated diet, especially for large breed puppies, by adding the right levels of real meat in the form of chicken to provide the essential proteins to your puppy pal. It also has a rich level of omega fatty acids, including DHA, which plays an integral role in the cognitive development of the doggies like the Black Russian Terriers.
- Has rich levels of live probiotics which strengthens the immune and digestive system
- Contains brown rice to provide proper levels of carbohydrates
- Contains a natural flavor
2. Hill’s Science Diet Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
Hill’s Science Diet has designed a wholesome recipe of real chicken and oats to provide the essential proteins and carbohydrates to your puppy pal in his major growing stages. This puppy food is suitable for large breed puppies like the Black Russian Terrier. With the presence of the right levels of vitamins like vitamin E and C and minerals, this puppy food ensures that your pet buddy has a robust immune system.
- Contains chondroitin and Glucosamine for developing stronger bones and muscles
- Features the right levels of calcium
- Made in the USA
3. IAMS ProActive Health Smart Large Breed Puppy Food
With the right levels of nutrition, IAMS gives a kick start, which your puppy pal demands at the beginning of his life stages. It features 22-key nutrients that a puppy usually gets from his mother’s milk. The presence of real chicken as the first ingredient ensures that the diet has the right protein levels for the growth of a large breed puppy like the Black Russian Terrier.
- Contains omega 3 DHA for healthier cognitive development
- Helps your puppy build stronger muscles
- Contains proper levels of vitamins and minerals
4. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Puppy Food
Blue Buffalo has created this Life Protection formula, especially for the proper physical and cognitive development of large breed puppies like the Black Russian Terrier. This puppy food offers the right amount of omega fatty acids, garden veggies, and fruits for stable growth.
- Features real meat as one of its first ingredients
- Contains chelated minerals and vitamins for a healthy immune system
- Does not contain soy, corn or wheat
5. Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Food
Diamond Naturals has designed an effective formula that has been enhanced with probiotics and superfoods to strengthen the immune system of your newly born puppy pal. It contains real lamb meat as its first ingredient to ensure that your large breed puppy fulfills its protein demands.
- Does not contain corn wheat or soy
- Contains omega fatty acids and DHA
- Does not contain any artificial flavors or colors
Puppy Food for Black Russian Terriers Buyer’s Guide
The Black Russian Terriers, being a large breed, has a slow and gradual development period, and they require rich levels of high-quality nutrients throughout their growing stages. You should always go for the high-quality puppy food for your puppy pal. There is a long list of ingredients that should be there in puppy food. However, people are often not aware of them.
In our buyer’s guide, we have shared the dietary essentials of a Black Russian Terrier puppy so that the next time you visit a pet store, you know which puppy food is right for your pup. We have tried giving you an idea of the ingredients which need to be there and what are their significance in the life of your Black Russian Terrier pup.
When buying the puppy food for a Black Russian Terrier, you should always look for the following ingredients:
- Real meat – it is the key source of novel proteins in your puppy’s diet, which helps him develop stronger muscles
- Sweet Potatoes – a rich source of energy and can be digested easily
- Oats – a rich source of carbohydrates
- Brown rice – plays an integral role in covering up the levels of carbohydrates
- Omega-3 fatty acids – promotes healthier physical development
- Omega-6 fatty acids – helps in developing a glowing skin and coat
- DHA – helps in developing a strong cognitive mechanism
- Antioxidants – builds up a stronger immune system
- Calcium – builds stronger bones
Other ingredients such as garden veggies and fruits can also be there, but it is not as essential to have them as much as it is to have those that we mentioned above.
The puppy food of a Black Russian Terrier should never have the following ingredients:
- Artificial flavors
- Artificial colors
- Poultry By-products
- How Much Does A Black Russian Terrier Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Black Russian Terriers
- Best Training Book for Black Russian Terriers