Best Puppy Food for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
Here are our puppy food for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers reviews.
1. Merrick Grain-Free Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe
This puppy food by Merrick specifically caters to the Chesapeake Bay Retrievers’ need for a natural diet as it has real chicken along with real fruits and vegetables as its foremost ingredients. Presence of sweet potatoes, peas, and potatoes not only ensures that essential carb requirement is met but it also adds a flavorful punch to your puppy’s meal.
- DHA for healthy brain development
- Gluten-free with no artificial flavors or preservatives
- High levels of Omega fatty acids
2. American Journey Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
This American Journey’s protein first recipe fulfills all the nutritional demands for early development, from omega fatty acids for healthy skin and luscious coat to antioxidants to boost your Chesapeake Bay Retriever’s immunity. We also find the absence of wheat, corn, soy, and any poultry by-product from the recipe an essential tick on our checklist.
- ARA and DHA for optimum cognitive development
- Vitamins and minerals for healthy teeth and bones
- Meat as the primary source of protein
3. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Puppy Chicken Dinner
While this Blue Buffalo wet food can be used as a tasty treat to reward your eager Chesapeake Bay Retriever, it is also a complete meal on its own. All ingredients in this recipe, such as carrots and blueberries, are high-end and natural. Although it is not grain-free, we find the presence of barley and brown rice a good energetic alternative to wheat.
- Grain from high quality sources
- Free of any added sugar
- Most ingredients sourced from within USA
4. Primal Chicken Formula Nuggets
Primal Chicken Formula Nuggets are an excellent choice if you are looking to put your puppy on a raw diet. It has balanced proportions of important fatty acids, natural enzymes, vitamins and minerals along with a high ratio of protein to fulfill the essential dietary requirements of a growing Chesapeake Bay Retriever.
- Contains certified organic produce and minerals
- First ingredient chicken free of hormones, antibiotics and steroids
- Easy to serve
5. Instinct Raw Boost Grain-Free Recipe
Nature’s Variety’s Instinct Raw Boost offers a high-protein meal, best for fast-growing puppies like Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. This food option is particularly good because it enhances muscle development as well as the digestive health of active, energetics puppies.
- Cage-free chicken as the first ingredient
- Free of gluten and grain
- Ingredients sourced from all over the world
Puppy Food for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers Buyer’s Guide
Chesapeake Bay Retrievers are naturally very lively and active. You would have certainly noticed that they rarely shy away from an opportunity to show their athletic side. It is, therefore, important to start making smart food choices from the very beginning. By looking for the best puppy food for your precious Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, you will be setting them up for a healthy, energized life.
Chesapeake Bay Retrievers are known for having a relatively stronger appetite and a steeper growth trajectory than other breeds of dog. In fact, you should expect your puppy to wag his tail for a fulfilling meal at least three times a day. Hence, it is essential to ensure that their bowls are repeatedly filled with foods which will directly cater to the demands of their growing body.
Our buying guide takes into account all the essential needs of your Chesapeake Bay Retrievers to help you make the correct decisions for their food fix.
Because Chesapeake Bay Retrievers fall in the fast-growing category, their diet must always have balanced proportions of proteins and fats. Puppies normally need 2000-2500 calories each day with 20% of protein and 10% of fat.
You must also keep an eye out for vitamins and minerals because they are essential in maintaining their healthy teeth and bones. Although a little expensive, these can be incorporated in the form of real fruits and vegetables.
DHA and ARA are also two ingredients that you should add near the top of your ingredient checklist as they play a pivotal role in the cognitive development of your loyal friend. This cognitive development is particularly important because Chesapeake Bay Retrievers are vulnerable to diseases related to the eye.
Another important thing to look out for is the presence of probiotics. Probiotics prevent indigestion and boost their digestive system, making sure that you never have to worry about your puppy’s gastric problems.
When choosing the best food for your puppy, you might want to eliminate some options that contain certain ingredients. Your first priority, of course, would be to check for allergens and digestive irritants. These may include unhealthy carbohydrates such as wheat, corn, and soy.
Chesapeake Bay Retrievers are also sensitive to artificial additives and preservatives. It is, therefore, important to not only check for the ingredients but also evaluate their sources. For example, potatoes, peas, barley and brown rice make up good sources of carbohydrates whereas wheat is a highly unfavorable option. Similarly, all the proteins in the food must come from real animals rather than meat by-products which are harmful and acquired from unknown sources.
Our 5 best puppy foods for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers listed above are all selected after passing a strict ingredient check and incorporate all the favorable ingredients, obtained from all the correct sources.
- How Much Does A Chesapeake Bay Retriever Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Bed for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Brush for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Crate for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Toys for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Collar for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Harness for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Best Dog Food for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers