Chow Chow puppies need to consume highly nourishing meals for proper formation of bones, joints, and muscles. As large animals, they may be plagued by bone and joints diseases such as osteoporosis, arthritis, and hip dysplasia at an adult stage of life.
Providing the right puppy foods for Chow Chows beginning at an early stage of life will promote strong bones and healthy muscles in adulthood. Different dog foods are available but picking the right one for your great companion is usually difficult. This review will help you to find the best diet suitable for Chow Chows puppies.
Best Puppy Food for Chow Chows
These are our reviews of puppy foods for Chow Chows.
1. Amazon Brand- Wag Dry Dog Food
Amazon Brand – Wag Dry Dog Food is a reputable meal prepared with Australian lamb and vegetables to provide the necessary nutrients for healthy growth in Chow Chow puppies. This dog food brand complied with the standards of AAFCO to give you high-nutritional levels in kibbles. It is suitable for Chow Cows of all stages of life, puppyhood to adulthood.
- The first ingredient is real lamb.
- It is a grain-free product with no corn, wheat, or additives.
- It contains antioxidants, DHA, omega-3 and omega- fatty acids
2. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Dry Dog Food
Thrill your Chow Chows pups with a dog food formulated with animal proteins, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. It is exclusively made for puppies and fortified with DHA and ARA for the proper development of their brain and eyes. Your little dogs will enjoy high levels of immunity since the food is fortified with antioxidants for their total wellbeing.
- Real chicken is the first ingredient.
- No artificial sweeteners, preservatives, chicken by-products, soy, wheat, or corn.
- Kibbles are formulated in small sizes for small dogs.
3. Rachael Ray Nutrish Limited Ingredient Diet Dog Food
Pamper your Chow Chows puppies with a real meal containing high-quality ingredients. This dog food contains prebiotics from natural fiber obtained from beet pulp to improve healthy digestion. It promotes a lustrous coat and fur with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids from chicken fat.
- The first ingredient is turkey meal.
- It contains peas, a form of digestible carbs for energy.
- Supports healthy joints and strong bones with chondroitin and glucosamine.
4. ORIJEN High-Protein Dry Dog Food
ORIJEN High-Protein Dry Dog Food is made with whole animal ingredients and mackerel to give your Chow Chows puppies a unique taste. Natural ingredients such as bones, organs, meat, and cartilages are used in preparing the food to satisfy their normal carnivorous instinct. This dog diet is grain-free with no tapioca, gluten, and potato to prevent allergies and sensitivities.
- Available in various recipes for puppies, adult dogs, and seniors.
- Made with ingredients from six different animals like beef, boar, lamb, bison, pilchard, and pork.
- Blended with antioxidants for a strong immune system.
5. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food
Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food is nutritionally balanced to support healthy bones and strong teeth in Chow Chows puppies, and prevent osteoporosis as the dogs grow older. This dog food is made with fish oil for improved cognitive abilities and brain development. It contains no artificial flavors, preservatives, and colors.
- Prepared with real chicken as the first ingredient.
- It contains high-quality protein for strong muscles.
- It helps to boost the immune system with antioxidants from fruits and vegetables.
Puppy Food for Chow Chows Buying Guide
Chow Chows are large animals that need to ingest nutritious meals to maintain their huge muscle mass. Feeding with poor-quality diets prepared with soy, grains, and other fillers can lead to sensitivities, allergies, and skin irritations. They are not sporty and therefore consume less food fortified with essential minerals and vitamins for good health.
You can select a suitable diet based on the specific needs of your Chow Chows puppies. But before buying any food for these pets, consider the following factors:
Whole Animal Protein should be the First Ingredient
Purchase puppy foods for Chow Chows prepared with animal proteins as the first ingredients. This could be deboned chicken or turkey, beef, lamb, bison, boar, and venison with salmon or mackerel. These ingredients could be blended in one dog food for a sumptuous taste.
In most cases, it could be selected or limited ingredient diets. This may comprise one, three, five, or more ingredients depending on the peculiar dietary needs of such puppies.
As a pet parent, decide the type of feed that suits your puppy’s palates and meets its health needs. Some dog foods are grain-free to handle cases of sensitivities and allergies while other puppies may tolerate grains. with this, you can buy dog foods with grains.
The Feed Must contain Healthy Fruits and Vegetables
Fresh fruits and vegetables are necessary for the prebiotic fiber that aids digestion and bowel movement in Chow Chows puppies. Besides, fruits and vegetables are rich sources of antioxidants that boost their immune systems. Free radicals and oxidative stress could be eliminated by the activities of antioxidants.
Fats for Maintaining Skin and Hairs
Omega- 3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids are essential fatty acids. They are responsible for maintaining their lustrous and silky fur with the healthy skin of your pet. Fats also boost the number of calories a Chow Chows puppy needs to remain active throughout a day.
Carbohydrates may not be the right sources of calories to them because most carbs are indigestible. However, digestible carbohydrates from wholesome grains contribute a little number of calories to Chow Chows puppies’ wellbeing.
Chondroitin and Glucosamine for Healthy Joints
Chow Chows puppies can grow into large animals weighing up to 70 pounds with a body mass of 30 kg. Therefore, their diets should contain chondroitin and glucosamine that can maintain healthy joints and prevent dislocation and other bone diseases.
AAFCO Approved Dog Food
Dog foods with AAFCO approved ingredients should be purchased for feeding Chow Chows puppies. This will prevent buying feeds with low-quality ingredients that could cause health problems for your great companions.
- How Much Does A Chow Chow Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Crate for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Bed for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Brush for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Toys for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Collar for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Harness for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chow Chows
- Best Dog Shampoo for Chow Chows