Best Puppy Food for Dalmatians
Here are our puppy food for Dalmatians reviews.
1. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Puppy Food
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Puppy Food is a delicious recipe your Dalmatian puppy will love. This blend contains low-purine ingredients such as chicken and complex carbohydrates from brown rice.
- Optimal growth for large breed puppies
- Contains DHA and ARA, fatty acids found in mother’s milk
- No poultry by-product meals, corn, wheat or soy
2. Stella & Chewy’s Perfectly Puppy
Stella & Chewy’s Perfectly Puppy recipe offers premium freeze-dried raw chicken and salmon patties your growing pup will crave. This minimally processed raw-food recipe gives your Dalmatian the taste he loves with the low-purine ingredients he needs.
- Cage-free chicken and wild-caught salmon
- Cranberries, spinach and other fruits and vegetables for balanced nutrition
- Includes probiotics, DHA and antioxidants for growth needs
3. Merrick Grain Free Dry Dog Puppy Recipe
The Merrick Grain Free Dry Dog Puppy Recipe is a premium puppy food with high quality ingredients such as real de-boned chicken and sweet potato. This recipe is enriched with essential vitamins and nutrients such as DHA for your growing Dalmatian.
- Complex carbohydrates for puppy’s energy needs
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Glucosamine and chondroitin to support growing hips and joints
4. Wellness Rawrev Natural Puppy Food
Wellness Rawrev Natural Puppy Food is a delicious recipe of turkey and chicken mixed with freeze-dried bits of 100% raw turkey. This calorie-dense kibble is grain-free and antioxidant rich for your Dalmatian’s developmental needs.
- Prebiotics and probiotics added for digestive health
- DHA for brain and eye development
- Also available with wholesome grains recipe
5. Wellness Core Natural Large Breed Puppy
Wellness Core Natural Large Breed Puppy Food has the low-purine protein source deboned chicken as the first ingredient. This recipe has added fruits and vegetables such as healthy peas, blueberries and kale.
- Salmon oil provides essential DHA for brain development
- Omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
- Prebiotics and probiotics for digestive health
Puppy Food for Dalmatians Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right dog food for your new puppy Dalmatian is important, as there are some ingredients that should be avoided for long-term health. Your puppy needs a low-purine diet that still provides adequate levels of protein for his developing muscular system. Avoid recipes that use grains as a protein source, as they are less nutritious and are common allergens for most dogs. Dalmatian puppies are very energetic, so choose a quality brand that is designed specifically for large breed puppies, that will fuel his energy requirements and support his growth.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Dalmatians on the market so you can choose the right food for your dog. The following should be considered for your Dalmatian’s specific needs and are included on most premium dog food recipes.
Low Purine Protein Sources
Like all puppies, your Dalmatian needs high quality protein to grow and thrive. For your pup, this means offering low-purine options such as chicken, turkey and fish. Protein sources should be whole and deboned wherever possible and be the first ingredient on the label. Other nutritious ingredients include fruits, vegetables and cheese. You should avoid wild game such as venison, any offal or organs. Always choose a recipe with as few fillers, preservatives and by-product meals as possible.
Your Dalmatian puppy will need adequate amounts of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D for his growing bones, joints and teeth. Do not supplement with extra minerals, as this could be harmful for your pup. Choose a recipe with the essential omega-3 fatty acid DHA, as this will support his brain and retinal development. This usually comes from a fish oil, such as salmon. Finally, antioxidants and probiotics will support his growing immune and digestive systems. Dalmatians need to be very well hydrated, so offer water regularly to help prevent the formation of dangerous urinary stones.
- How Much Does A Dalmatian Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Crate for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Bed for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Brush for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Toys for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Collar for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Harness for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Muzzle for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Shampoo for Dalmatians
- Best Training Book for Dalmatians