The English Cocker Spaniels are known to be originated from England, where they were bred to work as gun dogs. These dogs have hunting and chasing instinct since ancient times, so you can predict the origins of the immense energy which persists in their temperament since their puppyhood.
English Cocker Spaniels are one of the happy-go-lucky doggies who love playing with their families and having an adventurous life, so as puppies, the English Cocker Spaniels require precise nutrition to build lean muscles and ensure that they are lesser susceptible to developing joint-related disorders when they grow older.
High-quality puppy food is the need of the hour under such situations. Are you ready to explore some of the best puppy foods with us? You must read the exciting reviews that we have conducted to help you pick the right puppy food for your English Cocker Spaniel.
Best Puppy Foods for English Cocker Spaniels
Here are our puppy foods for English Cocker Spaniels reviews.
Blue Buffalo has introduced this puppy food to meet up with your English Cocker Spaniel puppy’s protein demands when he is going through his most dynamic stage of life. Its formula has real chicken as the first ingredient, depicting that proteins dominate the diet. Along with that, the presence of LifeSource Bits makes this recipe a wholesome diet.
- Does not contain food allergens such as corn, soy, wheat or poultry by-products
- Features omega fatty acids to develop a healthy coat and skin
- Boosts the immune response of your English Cocker Spaniel with the help of antioxidants
Purina Pro Plan has packed up a nutritious puppy food for your English Cocker Spaniel puppy to give your little buddy a power-packed start. This puppy food is enriched with proteins, fatty acids like DHA, and several vitamins and minerals, including calcium and phosphorus, as the most prominent ones.
- The diet ensures that your puppy pal has a better physical as well as cognitive development.
- The diet has been specially formulated to provide an efficient level of nutrition to your English Cocker Spaniel until he reaches one
- Features omega-6 fatty acids to develop a shiny coat of your English Cocker Spaniel
Taste of the Wild High Prairie puppy food has been formulated to provide your English Cocker Spaniel puppy with a highly nutritious blend of proteins, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and highly digestible carbohydrates present in the form of sweet potatoes and chickpeas. This puppy food features a K9 strength probiotic blend to support the digestion process of your puppy pal.
- Does not contain any fillers, or food allergens such as wheat, soy, corn, and poultry by-products
- Features real buffalo as the first ingredient
- Made in the USA
Rachael Ray Nutrish has prepared this efficient puppy food that contains a protein-rich diet featuring slowly roasted chicken as its first ingredient to make a scrumptious diet that has a tasty blend of dietary essentials. This food contains vitamins, minerals, and fibers sourced from natural resources.
- Features highly digestible fruits and vegetables
- Does not contain any food allergens
- Prepared in the USA
VICTOR Select Nutra Pro Active formula has been created to provide a wholesome meal to your English Cocker Spaniel when he is in his puppyhood and when he reaches adulthood. 92% of the formula of this puppy food consists of proteins, so it plays an integral role in building clean muscles.
- Formulated using gluten-free grains
- Enriched with vitamins, minerals, proteins, and fatty acids
- Contains a lower level of carbs
Puppy Food for English Cocker Spaniel Buyer’s Guide
English Cocker Spaniels are roughly 12 inches and weigh around 13-14 pounds. However, these doggies grow up to 15-16 inches tall and typically weigh 26-32 pounds, which means they belong to a small to medium-sized breed. The meals are to be planned as per their size and activity because the English Cocker Spaniels are prone to obesity and usually become the victim of hip and elbow dysplasia. The selection of wrong puppy food will either make your puppy weak or obese, so the selection of the right puppy food requires a pot of care.
We discussed some of the best puppy foods which you can go for your English Cocker Spaniel, as they are known to serve the specific requirements of your puppy well. To give you a better understanding of our point of view, we have shared our buyer’s guide, which will help you in the long run.
While searching for the right puppy food for your English Cocker Spaniels, we found that there are several puppy foods that are there for a specific age group of puppies. Such puppy foods have more targeted nutrition, so it is best if you pick them. However, you have to shift to some other puppy food after your English Cocker Spaniel exceeds that age.
Price plays an integral role while you are picking up puppy food. You should know that you will be using this for the long term, so it is better that you pre-plan your budget and select the food accordingly. However, you must not compromise your English Cocker Spaniel’s health due to the pricing. The right nutrition levels of food should always be your top priority.
The first ingredient in your English Cocker Spaniel’s puppy food must always be protein, as that lets your doggie have a healthier growth. Other than that, antioxidants should also bet there as they help in maintaining a stronger immune response. Along with these ingredients, the presence of the following ingredients is also integral, as they are known to fortify the diet of your English Cocker Spaniel puppy:
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for English Cocker Spaniels
- Best Training Book for English Cocker Spaniels