Your little English Foxhound puppy could not be cuter, with his gentle eyes and floppy ears. You want to be the best pet parent you can be, and that includes feeding him a high-quality diet. The right food will protect him from developing any health issues, provide him with everything he needs to grow and thrive and give him a delicious meal he looks forward to every time. Choosing the right food is straightforward for this puppy, as he is a healthy breed overall. For your English Foxhound puppy, stick to a high-quality brand with premium ingredients designed for the growth needs of energetic large breed puppies.
Best Puppy Food for English Foxhounds
Here are our best puppy food for English Foxhounds reviews.
The Blue Buffalo Life Protection Puppy Food is a natural dry dog food for puppies with real lamb and oatmeal. This special recipe also has wholesome whole grains, fruits and vegetables for your English Foxhound’s complete and balanced nutrition.
- DHA and ARA for cognitive and retinal development
- Special small-bite kibble for puppies
- Contains LifeSource Bits, a blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Food is a premium high-protein puppy food with real lamb as the first ingredient. This recipe also has antioxidants from superfoods and additional fatty acids for a healthy coat and skin.
- Small kibble is nutrient rich for puppies
- Probiotics for easy digestion
- Contains essential DHA for brain and eye development
The Fromm Family Gold Large Breed Puppy Food is a premium recipe designed for pups like your growing English Foxhound. With fresh duck, chicken and lamb, this blend will satisfy your pup’s need for quality protein.
- Also contains whole eggs and real cheese
- Pearled barley and brown rice for added nutrition
- Small kibble designed for puppies
This Purina Pro Plan Puppy Food is designed for the unique growth rate of large breed puppies. This recipe features tasty real chicken and rice as the first two ingredients.
- DHA from omega-rich fish oil for brain and eye development
- Enriched with calcium and minerals for healthy bones and teeth
- Glucosamine for growing joints and cartilage
Stella & Chewy’s Perfectly Puppy recipe offers premium freeze-dried raw chicken and salmon patties your growing pup will love. This minimally processed raw-food recipe will appeal to your English Foxhound’s wild hunting ancestry.
- Cage-free chicken and wild-caught salmon
- Cranberries, spinach and other fruits and vegetables for balanced nutrition
- Includes probiotics, DHA and antioxidants for growth needs
Puppy Food for English Foxhounds Buyer’s Guide
English Foxhound puppies have some special requirements when it comes to finding a quality recipe that meets their developmental needs. Because of their fast growth rate, large breed puppies need high protein and fat to fuel their bodies and energy levels. Your English Foxhound puppy will love a protein source that is as close to its natural state as possible, so choose a recipe with real meat as the first ingredient to mimic his ancestral diet. Look for a recipe with few or no fillers, by-product meals or artificial preservatives to ensure each kibble is packed with only the nutrients he needs.
Our buying guide reviews the best puppy food for English Foxhounds on the market so you can choose the right one for your dog. The following are specific considerations you should make for your English Foxhound and when choosing the right food for your growing dog.
Like most puppies, protein is especially important for the development of a strong muscular system and should make up at least 25 per cent of your English Foxhound puppy’s dog food. Along with a wide variety of vitamins and minerals, your English Foxhound puppy will specifically need adequate amounts of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D for developing healthy bones, cartilage and teeth. The omega-3 fatty acids DHA and ARA are found in mother’s milk and will support his brain development and eyesight. DHA usually comes from a fish oil, such as salmon. Finally, antioxidants and probiotics will support his growing immune and digestive systems.
Size and Build
English Foxhounds will grow into a large dog, but as puppies they need a kibble that is small and easy to pick up. A puppy kibble will be slightly softer than an adult kibble, and more nutritionally dense. Their small tummies will benefit from a rich source of prebiotics and probiotics to support developing digestive systems. Always follow the label for feeding guidelines, as English Foxhounds are prone to obesity. Getting your pup on a healthy diet from the start will ensure a long and healthy life full of energy and vitality.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Crate for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Bed for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Brush for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Toys for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Collar for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Harness for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for English Foxhounds
- Best Training Book for English Foxhounds