Best Puppy Food for English Setters
Here is our puppy food for English setter’s reviews.
Rachael Ray Nutrish Bright Puppy Natural Premium Dry Dog Food is a grain-free formula for your growing English setter. The formula contains deboned chicken and turkey meal, sweet potatoes and peas as the significant ingredient.
- Made with premium protein
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6 acid for healthy skin and coat
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for your pet’s growth
Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food is another reliable grain-free formula ideal for growing English setters. The formula contains rich ingredients like real buffalo, egg products, roasted bison, lamb and veggies like peas.
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6 acids for coat and skin health
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Free from artificial fillers and preservatives
Wellness Large Breed Complete Health Puppy Dry Dog Food is a complete growth formula for large dog breeds like the English setter. The complete dog formula contains deboned chicken, salmon meal, brown rice and peas as the major ingredient.
- Free from artificial additives and fillers
- Contains the ideal protein/calorie ratio
- Ideal for healthy brain and bone development
Purina Pro Plan Focus Puppy Large Breed Formula Dry Dog Food is a unique formula designed for large dog breeds. The formula contains quality ingredients like chicken and brown rice, with healthy grain source from whole grain corn.
- Contains the right amount of protein for your pet’s growth
- Rich in fibre for easy digestion
- Contains antioxidants for a healthy immune system
Purina Pro Plan Focus Puppy Classic Chicken and Rice formula is a tasty formula for picky eaters. The formula contains nutritious ingredients like chicken, rice and liver.
- Rich in omega-6 acid for a shiny coat and skin
- High-calorie content to provide your pup good energy
- Quality protein source
Puppy Food for English Setters Buyer’s Guide
When shopping for the right food formula for your puppy English setter, there are certain factors you must thoughtfully consider. Here are some essential factors you should consider.
Vitamins and Minerals
Every growing puppy needs vitamins and minerals to help their growth process. Large dog breeds like the English setter need specific vitamins and minerals to help them develop strong bones and muscle mass. These important minerals include:
Puppy English setters need all the protein they can get to help them develop strong lean muscles. Hence, their formula should contain over 30% protein. Puppy English setters need more proteins than their grown-up counterparts as it is the primary bodybuilding component in dogs. However, you should carefully check the quality of protein and ensure it is from healthy animal meat. Avoid food formulas with animal by-products as they add no nutritional value.
While fatty acids are suitable for the development of joints, they should not make up the primary component of your pet’s food. They may cause obesity in puppy English setters, thus should not make up over 10% of your pet’s entire diet. For healthy skin and coat, your pet needs more of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids from fish and fish meals. Thus, watch out for the fat content of your pet’s meal and avoid dog meals with plenty of fat.
A puppy English setter needs plenty of calcium for the development of strong bones and joints. They are large dog breeds and need plenty of calcium to help them grow into healthy adults. However, the English setter may have a problem with calcium retention and thus would not utility all the calcium they absorb. This may lead to calcium retention issues in the long run, which could be detrimental to your pet’s health. Hence, they must consume calcium in small quantities to avoid this problem.
Your puppy English setter needs phosphorus just like he needs calcium for the development of strong, healthy bones and joints. Thus, you must get dog food with a good calcium and phosphorus ratio.
- How Much Does An English Setter Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for English Setters
- Best Dog Crate for English Setters
- Best Dog Bed for English Setters
- Best Dog Brush for English Setters
- Best Dog Toys for English Setters
- Best Dog Collar for English Setters
- Best Dog Harness for English Setters
- Best Dog Muzzle for English Setters
- Best Dog Shampoo for English Setters
- Best Training Book for English Setters