Immensely active and affectionate Field Spaniels are rare though companionable species. The best way to reciprocate their love and affability is to bestow them with the required nourishment. However, the off-springs require added effort to maintain a healthy nurturing. A wholesome diet catalyzes their natural growth and prevents them from most of the prone diseases.
With a perfect composition of essential nutrients, one can make sure that their young Field Spaniel grows healthier. Therefore, we provide you with spot-on reviews of some of the best puppy foods for Field Spaniels.
Best Puppy Foods For Field Spaniels
Here are our puppy foods for Field Spaniels reviews.
1. American Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-free Puppy Dry Dog Food
A perfect blend of a protein-rich primary ingredient and amino acids, American Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-free Puppy Dry Dog Food is a wholesome diet for your Field Spaniels in their growing age. The deboned lamb constitutes the major protein fraction of the recipe. With mouth-watering flavors and an essential amount of fibers and phytonutrients from fruits and vegetables, these kibbles are appropriate for your Field Spaniel’s healthy growth.
- Grain-free recipe to prevent fillers.
- Omega fatty acids to maintain their lustrous coat.
- Contains long-chained DHA for better development of eyes and brain.
2. Zignature Trout & Salmon Meal Limited Ingredient Formula Grain-free Dry Dog Food
With limited and efficient ingredients, the Zignature Trout & Salmon Meal Limited Ingredient Formula Grain-free Dry Dog Food is a suitable choice for the young Field Spaniels, especially ones who are prone to allergies. Zignature excludes some of the most common allergens, including chicken and potatoes. The trout and salmon supply an efficient amount of protein to the puppies and also added vitamins, minerals and antioxidants make it a balanced diet.
- Grain-free recipe
- contains Omega fatty acids, Vitamin B12, Niacin and other phytonutrients for added benefits
- Wholesome chickpeas provide the required antioxidants.
3. Wellness CORE Grain-free Puppy Chicken & Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food
Formulated with protein-rich sources like chicken and turkey, this meal by Wellness efficiently stimulates the muscle growth of young Field Spaniels. The Wellness CORE Grain-free Puppy Chicken & Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food comes with all the necessary nutrients, including DHA for better development of the brain and eyes, and antioxidants to catalyze their immunity. It offers a balanced diet to your puppy, excluding all the unwanted ingredients.
- Grain-free recipe
- Added calcium and phosphorus for stronger bones and teeth.
- Better digestion with probiotics coated kibbles
4. Purina Pro Plan Puppy Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food
The protein-rich primary ingredient, along with added sources of carbohydrates, supports a healthier growth of your young Field Spaniels. The Purina Pro Plan Puppy Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food provides a balanced diet with an abundance of wholesome ingredients including chicken and rice for well-built muscles. The kibbles are shredded into small pieces befitting your Field Spaniel’s small mouth and teeth and also added calcium and phosphorus contributes to their healthy growth with strong bones and teeth.
- DHA from fish-oil stimulates their brain and eye development
- Better immune system with added antioxidant sources.
- Crunchy kibbles with an exclusive texture
5. Merrick Grain-free Dry Puppy Food Real Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe
The protein-rich small-sized kibbles of this dry dog food by Merrick is specifically formulated for young Field Spaniels. The deboned chicken, which is its primary ingredient, constitutes 60% protein and healthy fat in this meal and the remaining portion is filled with other essential nutrients for the healthy growth of your Field Spaniel. While DHA ensures required cognitive development, glucosamine stimulates hip and joints.
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids for skin-care of your puppies
- Grain-free recipe
- no added colors, flavors or preservatives.
Puppy Foods For Field Spaniels Buyer’s Guide
Although they are relatively active species, they can easily gain weight with a lack of exercise and a balanced diet. Moreover, an overweight puppy gets prone to hip dysplasia. Therefore, you should keep a regular check on their weight besides providing them with enough nourishment. Further, the young Field Spaniels require a larger sum of protein as compared to the adult ones to stimulate their growth and develop healthier muscle in this tender age. The selection of food for puppies should be specified through the following factors in order to regulate their bodily developments.
A cost-effective and nutritious product is the primary requirement of every buyer. Though specialized products may cost a larger sum, you should not pick it before consulting a veterinarian. Further, you always have an option to avail discounts offered by the sellers.
Being a medium-sized breed, Field Spaniels do not have any specific food requirements. But you should make sure that your puppy gets enough protein for a healthier growth along with other added nutrients. Further, the provided meal should have added calcium for stronger teeth and bones of the growing puppies. Probiotic fibers regulate their digestive system and antioxidants help them absorb maximum nutritional value.
The Field Spaniels are more likely to suffer from hip dysplasia when overweight. As they can easily gain weight, their diet must be taken into consideration. A balanced diet with the required amount of calories should be provided to the puppies. The weight of your puppy determines its daily calorie intake. One must consult a veterinarian before picking a meal for them, especially if they are overweight.
Although Field Spaniels are not hypoallergenic, some puppies may get allergic to a particular spice or herb. Sometimes, common ingredients in their meal like chicken and potatoes can also act as allergens. In such a situation, you should consult a veterinarian before settling on a diet.
Wet food and dry food are the primary meals for dogs. With high-calorie density, dry dog food is a better option. They provide more calories with the same amount of food as compared to wet food. Furthermore, specialized food should be taken only after consultation with a veterinarian.
- How Much Does A Field Spaniel Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Field Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for Field Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for Field Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for Field Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for Field Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for Field Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for Field Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for Field Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for Field Spaniels
- Best Training Book for Field Spaniels