Best Puppy Food for Finnish Lapphunds
Here are our puppy food for Finnish Lapphund reviews.
1. Stella & Chewy’s Perfectly Puppy
Stella & Chewy’s Perfectly Puppy recipe offers premium freeze-dried raw chicken and salmon patties your growing pup will love. This minimally processed raw-food recipe will appeal to your Finnish Lapphund’s wild ancestry.
- Cage-free chicken and wild-caught salmon
- Cranberries, spinach and other fruits and vegetables for balanced nutrition
- Includes probiotics, DHA and antioxidants for growth needs
2. CANIDAE PURE Puppy Recipe
CANIDAE Pure Puppy Recipe is a limited ingredient recipe for puppies who may have food sensitivities. With just nine main ingredients, this recipe features real chicken, lentils and whole eggs for your growing Lappie’s developmental needs.
- Real chicken is the first ingredient
- Features CANIDAE’s HealthPlus Blend of added probiotics and nutrients
- No corn, wheat, soy or artificial ingredients
3. Taste of The Wild High Prairie Puppy
Taste of The Wild High Prairie Puppy Recipe is a premium recipe with pasture-raised roasted venison and bison that your Lappie will love. A special blend of probiotics provides 80 million live, active cultures per pound for healthy digestive and immune systems.
- Optimal amino acid profile for strong, lean muscle development
- Small kibble tailored for growing puppy
- Salmon oil for brain and vision development
4. Wellness Rawrev Natural Puppy Food
Wellness Rawrev Natural Puppy Food is a delicious recipe of turkey and chicken mixed with freeze-dried bits of 100% raw turkey. This calorie-dense kibble is grain-free and antioxidant rich for your Finnish Lapphund’s growing body.
- Prebiotics and probiotics added for digestive health
- DHA for brain and eye development
- Also available with wholesome grains recipe
5. ORIJEN Puppy Dry Dog Food
ORIJEN Puppy Dry Dog Food is a premium high-protein dog food made with fresh, whole animal ingredients such as free-run chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish and cage-free eggs. This savory recipe tastes great and has everything your growing puppy needs.
- 85% fresh, raw or dehydrated animal ingredients
- Wholeprey ingredients include meat, organs, cartilage and bones
- Regionally sourced ingredients for maximum freshness
Puppy Food for Finnish Lapphund Buyer’s Guide
Your playful little Finnish Lapphund puppy needs a high-quality, high-protein puppy food that will set him up for a long, happy and healthy life with you. Not only should it taste great, but it needs to meet his energy requirements and support his developing systems. Finnish Lapphunds are a very healthy breed overall, and don’t usually have the dietary restrictions of many other breeds. That being said, they will love a premium blend packed with real meat that mimics their wild ancestor’s diets, so spend the extra money and get your pup the high-quality meal he deserves.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Finnish Lapphunds on the market so you can choose the right food for your dog. The following should be considered for your Finnish Lapphund’s specific needs and are included on most premium dog food recipes.
Protein is especially important for your Finnish Lapphund puppy as he will grow quickly and need fuel for his strong body and muscles. Protein should make up at least 25 per cent of his dietary calories, so choose a high-quality recipe that features real meat as the first ingredient. Your Finnish Lapphund puppy will also need adequate amounts of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D for healthy bones and teeth. The omega-3 fatty acid DHA will support his retinal and brain development, and usually comes from a fish oil, such as salmon. Finally, antioxidants and probiotics will support his growing immune and digestive systems.
Wild and Wholeprey Recipes
Because Finnish Lapphunds are an ancient breed, your puppy will love an ancestral diet with minimally processed ingredients commonly found in the wild. This includes wild game, free-run poultry, wild-caught fish and rabbit. Wholeprey recipes contain all parts of the animal – meat, organs, cartilage and bone – and are considered an exceptional form of protein for your puppy. Avoid by-product meals and fillers whenever possible, as these do not provide the nourishing, long-lasting fuel source your puppy needs.
- How Much Does A Finnish Lapphund Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Crate for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Brush for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Training Book for Finnish Lapphunds