These unnatural additives could cause major issues in your puppy and could cause future problems in their development! And, because French Bulldogs have a short muzzle, it’s critical that the food that you purchase for your growing pup fits their unique mouth shape and doesn’t leave your puppy vulnerable to injury. Wondering what the best foods are for your French Bulldog puppy? We’ve done the research and here’s what we recommend.
Best Puppy Foods for French Bulldogs
Here are our French Bulldog puppy food reviews.
Royal Canin French Bulldog dry puppy food is tailor-made nutrition created just for your purebred French Bulldog puppy. An exclusive mix of antioxidants and vitamin E supports their developing immune system to keep their bodies growing strong. Highly digestible proteins and high-quality carbohydrate sources support healthy digestion.
- Exclusive tailor-made kibble helps a French Bulldog easily pick up and chew their food.
- The formula reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin and wrinkles.
- The ingredients in Royal Canin help reduce gas in your developing puppy.
Blue Buffalo Freedom is a puppy approved, delicious, grain free formula that contains no gluten. All Freedom puppy recipes feature high-quality real meat with no chicken by-product meals. In addition, Freedom small breed puppy formula contains ingredients like DHA fatty acid to support healthy growth and development of your French Bulldog puppy.
- BLUE Freedom grain free puppy food for small breed dogs is made with DHA and ARA, important fatty acids found in mother’s milk, to help support your puppy’s brain and eye development.
- Freedom is formulated with a careful balance of carbohydrates and protein to support a French Bulldog’s unique needs.
- This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bit, which is a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health.
Instinct Raw Boost is a better way to feed your French Bulldog puppy, because it combines grain-free, high-protein kibble plus freeze-dried raw in one bag. Each recipe starts with real meat like cage-free chicken, USA-raised beef, or grass-fed lamb.. Instinct is made in the USA with the finest ingredients from around the world.
- Made with calcium and phosphorus for strong teeth and bones plus natural DHA for brain & eye development.
- Raw Boost mixes natural, high protein, grain free dog food with our freeze dried raw dog food toppers in one bag.
- Cage free chicken is the #1 ingredient in this recipe.
Roasted bison and roasted venison blend in this grain-free recipe, providing ideal amounts of highly digestible energy for your growing French Bulldog puppy. The robust flavors from roasted meats, vegetables, and fruits in a small kibble size make it easy for puppies to enjoy. Because of the guaranteed levels of DHA and perfectly balanced nutrition, this formula is great for pregnant or nursing mothers and other adult dogs as well.
- Real meat is the number one ingredient.
- An optimal amino acid profile and added protein support lean, strong muscle development.
- This formula also contains added probiotics for your puppy’s digestive system.
Purina’s puppy food is crafted with protein-rich real meat, poultry or fish. Every serving of this dry puppy food contains DHA, a nutrient also found in mother’s milk, to support his vision and brain development. And, the antioxidant blend helps to promote your French Bulldog puppy’s strong immune system.
- This puppy formula is highly-digestible for the puppy’s sensitive stomach.
- Purina ONE also has natural sources of glucosamine to help support healthy joints.
- Purina uses zero fillers to ensure that each high-quality ingredient has a purpose.
French Bulldog Puppy Food Buying Guide
Your French Bulldog puppy is no doubt a beloved member of your family that you want to keep happy and healthy! One of the best ways to support your puppy’s growth is to feed them a very high-quality diet! Frenchies are unique dogs, and this does mean that they have unique dietary needs. Because French Bulldogs have sensitive stomachs and are prone to allergies, it’s important that you select dog food that will help your puppy grow, and not unintentionally make him or her sick. We believe there are four main factors that you should consider when shopping for your puppy’s first food.
DHA and added nutrients.
Your puppy is still growing and developing, so it is important to provide a diet that supports bone and body growth. Look for formulas which have DHA, Vitamin E and even glucosamine. THese formulas will support your puppy’s immune system, while also protecting their joints. Some formulas, like Taste of the Wild, also add probiotics, which can be especially helpful for your Frenchie’s sensitive stomach and overall health.
Appropriately sized kibble
French Bulldogs have short snouts and an underbite, which makes it important that the dog kibble that you purchase is small enough not to cause a safety hazard for your pet. Look for dog food that notes that is specifically designed for the small muzzled dog. This will prevent injury and help your Frenchie process his or her food better.
Minimally processed with meat as the first ingredient
Just as in human food, the most minimally processed dog food will be the best. Look for dog foods that have simple ingredients and with meat as the first ingredient. The less ingredients, the less chance that something within the dog food will upset your pet’s stomach.
No artificial flavors or added fillers
As previously mentioned, French Bulldogs have extremely sensitive stomachs. They are particularly sensitive to wheat, but products that feature excess corn or chicken by products should be avoided. This will prevent any digestive distress and can also prevent the Frenchie from exhibiting allergies.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Crate for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Bed for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Brush for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Toys for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Collar for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Harness for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for French Bulldogs