Best Puppy Food for Great Pyrenees
Here are our puppy food for Great Pyrenees reviews.
The American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe is a delicious grain-free recipe designed for large breeds puppies like Great Pyrenees. The essential fatty acids ARA and DHA support your pup’s eye and brain development. Omega-3 and 6 will ensure your Pyr’s thick, double coat is fluffy and healthy.
- Antioxidants for strong immune system
- No grain, corn wheat or soy
- Supports proper bone development in large breeds
The Blue Buffalo Carnivora recipe is a premium mix of 11 quality, lean meat proteins that will remind your Great Pyrenees of his ancestral diet. The Woodland Blend has dried and fresh raw chicken, turkey, fish and duck. This recipe also contains cartilage for your Pyr’s joint health.
- Also contains nutrient-rich organs
- 85% protein from animals
- No grains, peas or potatoes
Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Food is a premium recipe made with real pasture-raised lamb, rice and vegetables. Your Great Pyrenees will benefit from the added glucosamine and chondroitin for his developing joint health. This recipe has the lean protein and optimal amino-acid profile that is right for your large breed puppy.
- Contains probiotics for digestive and immune system support
- DHA for brain and eye development
- Superfoods such as kale for high nutritional value
Taste of the Wild Puppy Formula recipes offer excellent high-quality protein sources for your growing Great Pyrenees. This High Prairie recipe has delicious pasture-raised roasted bison and venison. This blend also contains dried Chicory Root, a source of prebiotic fiber to support digestive health.
- 80 million live, active probiotic cultures per pound
- Salmon oil for brain and eye health
- Antioxidants from real sweet potatoes and blueberries
Instinct Raw Boost Large Breed Puppy is a unique recipe offering a high-protein kibble with real freeze-dried raw chicken bites. This grain-free recipe is a safe way to introduce your Great Pyrenees to nutritious raw food ingredients. Cage-free chicken is the first ingredient on this premium blend.
- Calcium and phosphorous for bone development
- Salmon oil for cognitive and retinal health
- Also contains chicken liver and heart for added nutrition
Puppy Food for Great Pyrenees Buyer’s Guide
Your Great Pyrenees will grow at a very fast rate in his first year. That means he needs a high-quality kibble that supports this quick growth period and supports proper bone and joint development. Not only that, getting him on a healthy diet from a young age can help prevent obesity, a dangerous condition for large breeds such as Great Pyrenees. A poor diet with excess fat from fillers or by-product meals can pack on the pounds, and lead to orthopedic diseases such as hip dysplasia. So, a high-quality food that has a good balance of fat and protein for your growing pup is essential. Premium brands may cost a bit more, but it is well worth the cost to prevent health or weight issues down the road.
Our buying guide reviews the best puppy food for Great Pyrenees on the market so you can choose the right one for your dog. The following are specific nutritional considerations that should be made and will help you choose which puppy food you need for your Great Pyrenees.
Protein and Fat
Like most puppies, protein is especially important for the development of a strong muscular system and should make up at least 22 per cent for Great Pyrenees. The best choices are lean protein sources, such as poultry, lamb, wild game or fish. Real meat is best and should be the first ingredient on the label and avoid any poultry by-product meals, corn gluten meal and other fillers. This will help keep your Pyr’s weight in check as he grows.
Other Nutritional Considerations
Since your Great Pyrenees could potentially grow up to 160 pounds, his puppy food needs to support strong bones and joints. One of the biggest dangers for your pup is joint problems, as Great Pyr’s are prone to hip dysplasia. Puppy foods designed for large breed dogs will have adequate sources of calcium and phosphorous, the building blocks that also promote good dental health. Vitamin D will help prevent softening of the bones, but make sure you do not over-supplement, as too much calcium and Vitamin D can be harmful. The omega-3 fatty acids DHA and ARA are crucial for brain and retinal health and are found in mother’s milk.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Crate for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Bed for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Brush for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Toys for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Collar for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Harness for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Muzzle for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Shampoo for Great Pyrenees
- Best Training Book for Great Pyrenees