The competition amidst dog food brands is stiff. But here are some of the best feeds needed for your Irish setters on its journey to adulthood.
Best Puppy Food for Irish Setters
Here is our puppy food for Irish setter review.
This puppy kibble is known for helping Irish setter attain its maximum potential. It is a blend of the best grade of animal protein, calcium, Phosphorus, and DHA (required for healthy brain development). EUKANUBA, in general, provides your puppy with the needed energy and all-round development.
- Great quality animal protein
- Easy digestion
- Immune system support
Made into small kibbles, the Purina Pro Plan is a chicken and rice formula suitable for every Irish Setter puppy. It is rich in antioxidants required for immune system support. This is the one formula you must get if you look forward to maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle for your puppy.
- Primary Ingredient is Chicken.
- DHA (needed for proper brain development and visual prowess) is present
- Calcium and Phosphorus are also present
Hill’s Science Diet tops the list for me all day any day. It is the ideal formula for puppy Irish setters. No preservatives, natural flavor, exceptional taste, clinically endorsed ingredients, what more can you ask for? Name it, and Hill’s Science Diet will always be there.
- Comes in extra-small kibble
- 100% natural ingredient
- A top choice for most (if not all) veterinary doctors
As natural goes, this is most definitely the closest to the Hill’s Science Diet. The Kentucky-made diet is a mixture of high-quality animal proteins, fruits, vegetables needed for the healthy development of your puppy. Somehow, this formula ends up being budget-friendly to users despite its price tag because of its strong potency.
- Free of grain, eliminating allergy risk
- Boast of a great taste
- Contains no form of by-products
The primal chicken Formula Nugget, like its name implies, has chicken as its primary source of animal protein. The raw-dried dog food matches the wild cravings of growing puppies. While reducing the stress of chopping, grinding and mixing the embedded ingredients manually, it provides the needed nutrient for healthy growth.
- Grain-free raw-food diet
- Boast of a high protein ratio
- Incorporates primary hormones and antibodies
Puppy Food for Irish Setters Buyer’s Guide
When going on grocery shopping, it is advisable to have a list. However, when it comes to buying an Irish setter puppy formula, all you need is a guide.
For every puppy formula, their nutritional adequacy information comes with the packaging. Do well to check if it correlates with the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Official) standards. Do not go for anything below those standards.
Protein is the primary focus here. Not just any protein, animal protein (from chicken, ducks, lamb, etc.) You also have to make sure the other classes of food such as carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, and fats are in the optimum proportion needed for growth.
Often, pet owners confuse sensitivity with allergies, which makes diagnosis difficult. When your puppy’s body system reacts to a particular food, it is your responsibility to know the ingredient inducing such reaction. It may come in the form of vomiting, diarrhea, or foot infections.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Crate for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Bed for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Brush for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Toys for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Collar for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Harness for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Muzzle for Irish Setters
- Best Dog Shampoo for Irish Setters