Courageous and calm, Irish Wolfhound is one of the tallest sighthound dogs known for their wolf hunting spirit. First, in 391, historians found the reference of these large dogs, but after that, Irish Wolfhound was presumed to be extinct for a long time. The credit for creating the modern Irish Wolfhound goes to captain G.A. Graham. These gigantic Irish Wolfhounds are noted for their individualism and introvert characteristics.
This tallest member of the American Kennel Club has a significantly shortened life span of only 6 to 10 years, and they grow fast compared to other large breeds. For its proper growth and healthy adulthood, you should feed your Irish Wolfhound puppy a good quality puppy food balanced with all kinds of nutrition.
Best Puppy Foods for Irish Wolfhounds
Here are our puppy foods for Irish Wolfhound reviews.
Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Puppy Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is a popular choice for large-sized dogs for its lip-smacking taste. Smoked salmon and sea fish are the main ingredients of the puppy food. This food is capable of providing dogs DHA support, which comes from salmon oil.
- The abundance of peas and sweet potatoes make the food carbohydrate-rich.
- The manufacturers use real fruits like blueberries, raspberries, and so on.
- The dried chicory root is the main source of prebiotics.
This tasty and nutritious Purina Pro Plan Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food accelerates the growth of little puppies of the Irish Wolfhound breed. Though chicken is the primary ingredient for this commercial puppy food, it also includes whole grain corn, wheat, fish meal, dried egg product, and so on. This delicious food uses tocopherol as the preserving agent.
- It is full of Glucosamine, which comes from poultry by-product meals.
- The omega fatty acids found from the fish oil repair the damaged skin.
- The food is instrumental in the vision development of puppies.
This Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food is a wholesome diet that keeps your Irish Wolfhound full for long hours after a meal. This lamb and rice meal is a good source of protein which strengthens the body muscles. For brain development and overall skeletal development, food is one of the most effective ones in the market.
- This is specially designed for dogs of a large breed.
- The primary ingredient of the food is pasture-raised real lamb.
- The real fruits like orange, pumpkin, coconut, etc. are the contributors of powerful antioxidants.
This Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food will revive the dormant wolf hunting instinct of your Irish Wolfhound. This high protein diet is made of real chicken, curbing your Wolfhound craving for real meat. This natural puppy food is completely balanced with carbohydrates and protein despite it being grain-free.
- Taurine helps in the cognitive development of puppies.
- This is formulated with a blend of Vitamin C and Vitamin B.
- Per cup of the dry food contains around 423 Kcal.
The precise nutrition formula of the Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Chicken Meal & Oat Recipe Dry Dog Food fuels your Irish Wolfhound puppy with a limitless energy. This delightful chicken meal comprises wheat, oats, corn, fish oil and so on. The flavor of pork liver and chicken liver increases the appetite of little puppies.
- This meal is specially formulated for puppies under one year.
- The calcium and phosphorus take care of oral health.
- This USA made puppy food doesn’t comprise any artificial color.
Puppy Foods For Irish Wolfhound Buyer’s Guide
High spirited Irish Wolfhound is originally from the water-locked country of Ireland. Their commanding appearance and a long tail make them one of the most sought after house dogs of all time. Though some dog breed experts find some similarity between Irish Wolfhound and greyhound, they don’t share ancestry in any way. Irish Wolfhounds look gigantic, but they suffer from several genetic diseases from a very early age. To reduce the intensity of the pain, you should feed your Irish Wolfhound a properly balanced puppy food. Believe it or not, early age development can help dogs a lot in later years.
All the puppy foods should contain a good amount of grains as the source of carbohydrate. If your puppy is suffering from stomach problems, you can opt for grain-free food packets. There should be an ample amount of meat in its bowl. Dogs love every kind of meat, starting from chicken, duck, beef to turkey. Apart from all this, the food should contain vegetables and real fruits. If the commercial food doesn’t contain enough of them, you can add some extra to its bowl.
Carbohydrate fills the body with energy and stamina, allowing dogs to take up heavy-duty activities. But some owners are of the view that grains cause stomach problems and vomiting in little puppies. Protein is essential in puppy food for muscle development and strength.
Fatty acids nourish the skin and coat of little Irish Wolfhound puppies. For good eyes and brains, the commercial dry foods should contain a decent amount of DHA, EPA, and ARA. Apart from these, vitamins build an immunity shield to protect the puppies against germs and bacteria.
Blue Buffalo, the taste of the wild, Purina pro, etc. have become household names for dog owners. If you want your Irish Wolfhound to try something of different tastes, we would suggest buying from Hill’s Science and Wellness core. No matter which brand you buy, always check the ingredient list printed in the food packet properly.
These valuable details may help you in shopping the right puppy food for your Irish Wolfhound.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Training Book for Irish Wolfhounds