Your Lakeland Terrier puppy is a feisty bundle of energy, and he will grow into an adult bundle of energy in no time. So, it’s important to support that journey into adulthood with a great puppy food that feeds his active, growing body. A formula designed for small breed puppies will have the right balance of calories, fat, carbohydrates and fiber your active Lakeland Terrier puppy needs. The good news is that there are plenty of high-quality brands on the market that have put together the perfect ratios for you.
Best Puppy Food for Lakeland Terriers
Here are our best puppy food for Lakeland Terriers reviews.
This Wellness Natural Small Breed Puppy Food is a delicious blend of turkey, salmon and oatmeal your Lakeland Terrier will love. This recipe supports healthy muscle and bone health with optimal levels of calcium and phosphorous. Chicken is the first ingredient of this high-protein recipe.
- Supports brain development with DHA
- Blueberries, spinach and flaxseed for added nutrition
- Properly balanced carbs and fat for concentrated energy needs of small breeds
Stella & Chewy’s Perfectly Puppy Dog Food is a premium recipe with 95 per cent meat products. This premium blend includes raw beef, salmon, organs and bone in convenient freeze-dried patties. Your Lakeland Terrier will benefit from the added probiotics, for his developing digestive system.
- Grain, gluten and poultry-free
- Small kibble designed for small puppies
- Contains DHA for brain and retinal growth
Diamond Naturals Small Breed Puppy Food is a high-protein puppy food with real cage-free chicken as the first ingredient. This recipe also has antioxidants from superfoods and additional fatty acids for your Lakeland Terrier’s coat and skin. Chia seeds and quinoa offer additional sources of protein.
- Small kibble is nutrient rich for puppies
- Canine-specific probiotics for easy digestion
- Contains essential DHA for brain and eye development
Eukanuba Small Breed Puppy Food is a dry food designed to support healthy muscle and bone health in your growing Lakeland Terrier. This recipe has optimal levels of calcium and phosphorous for bone and dental health. DHA provides support for your Lakie’s healthy brain and eye development.
- High quality protein for lean muscle development
- Enriched with minerals for healthy bones and teeth
- Chicken is the first ingredient
Blue Buffalo Freedom is a grain-free puppy food designed to support lean muscle development in small breed puppies like Lakeland Terriers. This formula contains DHA and ARA, fatty acids found in mother’s milk for brain and eye development. Flaxseed, blueberries and cranberries provide excellent added nutrition.
- Contains chicken, peas and potatoes
- No by-product meals, corn, wheat or soy
- Properly balanced carbohydrates and protein for small breeds
Puppy Food for Lakeland Terriers Buyer’s Guide
Keeping your Lakeland Terrier Puppy healthy means feeding him a high-quality puppy food and offering plenty of opportunities for exercise and play. These little puppies have a short, but intense growth period, so the puppy food you choose for your Lakeland Terrier needs to have a concentrated formula designed for fast-growing small breed puppies.
As with other small breeds, it’s important your Lakeland Terrier does not become overweight. Obesity can lead to joint issues and pain, so a lean source of protein is essential, as well as a variety of other vitamins and minerals to support his overall health and development.
A kibble made for small breed puppies will be specially designed for their tiny mouths, making it easy to pick up and chew. Avoid recipes with fillers, by-product meals or artificial preservatives, so you know he is only getting what he needs in every little bite.
Our buying guide reviews the best puppy food for Lakeland Terriers on the market so you can choose the right one for your dog. The following are specific considerations you should make for your Lakeland Terrier when choosing the right food for your growing dog.
Essentials for Optimal Growth
Your Lakeland Terrier puppy will benefit from a recipe with high protein and moderate fat, along with adequate amounts of fiber and carbohydrates for his energy needs. Look for a recipe with at least 28 per cent protein to support his growing body.
Look for added prebiotics and probiotics for your Lakie’s digestive health and antioxidants in the form of superfoods for a healthy immune system. Lakeland Terrier puppies also need vitamins and minerals to support developing eye and brain health, such as vitamin A, and the fatty acids DHA and ARA. DHA is often sourced from a fish oil, such as salmon.
Other Nutritional Considerations
Lean protein sources are best for your Lakeland Terrier to get him on the right track to good health from an early age. Introduce your puppy to a wide variety of protein sources in the first year, including chicken, turkey, fish and wild game.
Meat should be the first ingredient on the label, and whole-prey recipes including cartilage, bone and organs are excellent for additional nutrition. Calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D will support your pup’s bone and joint development, but do not over-supplement as too much calcium can be dangerous.
If you suspect food allergies, choose a grain-free recipe with no corn, wheat or soy to try and eliminate possible triggers.
- How Much Does A Lakeland Terrier Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Lakeland Terriers
- Best Training Book for Lakeland Terriers