The gracious and dignified Lhasa Apso goes by ‘Abso Seng Kye’ in their hometown in Tibet. These temple dogs are considered quite sacred in the entire Tibet, and they are still employed in monasteries for their excellent capability as a watchdog. There is a craze worldwide regarding the possession of these Lhasa Apsos, as people believe that these dogs are symbols of prosperity, and they bring good luck to people’s lives.
Since the famous Manchu dynasty of China, these Lhasa Apsos were popular as a royal companion. It was in the early half of the 20th century when the Lhasa Apsos stepped into America, and with proper breeding, they are no longer a rare breed. If you own a Lhasa Apso puppy, start researching about good puppy food, and if you like, you can choose from the following samples.
Best Puppy Foods for Lhasa Apsos
Here are our puppy foods for Lhasa Apsos reviews.
This savory Royal Canin Small Puppy Dry Dog Food will stun your Lhasa Apso with its excellent aroma and flavors. There is a minimum of 29% protein and 18% fat respectively. To boost the immunity of the puppies the food contains Vitamin B12 supplements, vitamin C, vitamin E, and so on.
- It consists of minerals like zinc, iron, copper, and so on.
- Taurine is a vital ingredient that is effective for a healthy heart.
- The kibbles have a specific texture and size, which fits the little mouth of your Lhasa Apso.
This specially crafted American Journey Active Life Formula Puppy Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dog Food pops a unique blend of taste inside your Lhasa Apso’s mouth. Filled with D.H.A. and A.R.A., the food boosts the intellectual development of the dogs. Deboned chicken and turkey make the food high protein.
- The chicken fat helps the little puppies to gain weight in no time.
- Calcium and phosphorus rich ingredients are good for oral health and skeletal growth.
- There is no grain in the food.
This delicious Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Small Paws Chicken Meal, Barley & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food will help your Lhasa Apso puppy maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. This chicken-based diet has a pork flavor in it. This delightful meal contains vegetables like carrots, broccoli, etc.
- This high-calorie diet is designed for toy breeds and dogs of small size only.
- This U.S.A. made food packet is manufactured with superior quality ingredients only.
- The prebiotics create a layer of protection against germs and viruses.
The Blue Buffalo Freedom Puppy Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food comes in three bag sizes i.e. 4lb, 11 lb, and 24 lb. This finest quality meal is made with turkey, potato, pea, etc. apart from dried chicken. Flaxseed and fish oil make it rich in fatty acids.
- For color, the food uses the juice of real vegetables.
- The kibbles are tender and rich in minerals.
- It doesn’t contain a single bit of artificial flavor or any allergen.
This Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Puppy Formula Duck & Potato Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food will become the favorite meal of your Lhasa Apso in no time. The fiber-rich diet is good for digestion, and it also makes the stool absolutely odor-free. The botanical extracts of rosemary, tea tree, and spearmint allow you to store it for multiple weeks.
- A single cup contains 370 Kcal of metabolizable energy.
- The D.H.A. is instrumental in the neural development of your Lhasa Apso.
- The food abides by the food safety standard set by the U.S.A.
Puppy Foods For Lhasa Apsos Buyer’s Guide
The witty and devoted Lhasa Apsos are often found in the isolated monasteries of Himalaya and the Chinese royal palaces. The lion-hearted Lhasa Apsos are globally recognized for their protective nature. This Lhasa Apso was the most favorite dog of the Dalai Lama, and the spiritual people of Tibet used to believe that these dogs carry the souls of the dead people. The Lhasa Apso’s puppies are around 4 inches high during their first month, and they are one of the cutest babies in the canine world. If you have such an adorable Lhasa Apso in your house, make its healthy well being your prime concern. The following instructions may help you in choosing the right puppy food for your Lhasa Apso puppy.
Like most human babies, puppies also show stomach problems in the first few months after birth. So, dog parents should be careful about these puppy foods and servings. If your Lhasa Apso shows symptoms like nausea, fatigue, dehydration, etc. steer clear of the grain-based diet. In the growing days of your puppy, you should feed it as much meat as possible. As chicken and turkey are easy to digest, feed your Lhasa Apso, mostly bird meat. Unlike adult dog foods, puppy food should contain D.H.A., E.P.A., A.R.A., etc. for overall healthy development.
Puppy food is responsible for the skeletal development of your Lhasa Apso puppy. A good amount of protein builds the muscle in the shoulder and other parts of the body for your Lhasa Apso puppy. The antioxidants and prebiotics keep the germs and bacterias away from your little Lhasa Apso. Some fiber-rich puppy foods also take care of the puppy’s digestive system and help it in its potty training.
The puppies become hungry more often, which is why to satisfy the hunger, you need to feed them more often. But, overeating can lead them to obesity. So, we suggest the new dog parents stick to one bowl for lunch and dinner each. For breakfast, you can feed it with some home-cooked meal or some dog treats. If necessary, feed it thrice a day with a lighter meal for dinner.
Puppy food has the potential to change the lifestyle of your little Lhasa Apso puppy. So, choose wisely from the samples above and let us know if your Lhasa Apso puppy likes the food.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Crate for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Bed for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Brush for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Toys for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Collar for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Harness for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Muzzle for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Shampoo for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Training Book for Lhasa Apsos