Best Puppy Food for Miniature American Shepherds
Here are our puppy food for Miniature American Shepherds reviews.
Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream Puppy Formula is a premium recipe with real salmon, smoked salmon and ocean fish meal. A special blend of probiotics provides 80 million live, active cultures per pound for your Miniature American Shepherd’s developing digestive and immune system. This formula is grain-free for any sensitivities.
- Optimal amino acid profile for strong, lean muscle development
- Small kibble tailored for growing puppy
- Salmon oil for brain and vision development
Stella & Chewy’s Perfectly Puppy recipe offers premium freeze-dried raw chicken and salmon patties your growing pup will love. Your Mini American Shepherd will love the taste of this minimally processed raw-food recipe. Cranberries, spinach and other fruits and vegetables provide balanced nutrition.
- Cage-free chicken and wild-caught salmon
- Also available in beef and salmon recipe
- Includes probiotics, DHA and antioxidants for growth needs
Wellness CORE RawRev Wholesome Grains Puppy is a high-protein, nutrient-dense kibble designed for small and medium breeds. This recipe has wholesome grains such as oatmeal, barley and quinoa. The freeze-dried raw bits of 100% turkey are a safe and convenient way to introduce your Mini American Shepherd to raw foods.
- Prebiotics and probiotics added for digestive health
- DHA for brain and eye development
- Antioxidants for developing immune system
American Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe is a premium mix of real lamb and sweet potato, peas and chickpeas. Added superfoods provide antioxidants and omega fatty acids to fuel your Mini American Shepherd’s active lifestyle. Chicken meal is added as a natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health.
- No grain, corn, wheat or soy
- Salmon oil as natural source of DHA
- High quality protein for lean muscle development
ORIJEN Puppy Dry Dog Food is a premium high-protein dog food made with fresh, whole animal ingredients such as free-run chicken and turkey. This recipe also has wild-caught fish and cage-free eggs for added nutrition. Your Mini American Shepherd will love this savory wholeprey recipe including meat, organs, cartilage and bone.
- 85% fresh, raw or dehydrated animal ingredients
- Biologically appropriate blend for growing puppies
- Regionally sourced ingredients for maximum freshness
Puppy Food for Miniature American Shepherds Buyer’s Guide
Choosing an appropriate puppy food for your Mini American Shepherd is important because his short and intense growth period requires nutritionally-dense kibble. Choose a high-quality brand designed for small breed puppies if you can, and ensure the mix has protein from real meat sources. These puppy foods may be more expensive than other options on the market, but the quality of the ingredients will benefit your MAS’ overall health as they generally do not have the unhealthy fillers and by-products of cheaper recipes. Miniature American Shepherds are a very healthy breed overall, and don’t usually have the dietary restrictions of some other breeds. But, many grain-free recipes are on the market if you suspect any food sensitivities.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Miniature American Shepherds on the market so you can choose the right food for your dog. The following should be considered for your Miniature American Shepherd’s specific needs and are included on most premium dog food recipes.
Like most puppies, Miniature American Shepherds need a high-protein food to maintain their energy and growing needs. This active pup needs a formula with at least 29 per cent protein to help develop a strong muscular system. It’s important that real meat is the first ingredient on the label, and that there are no by-product meals or fillers taking up space. Your puppy’s food should also contain DHA for eye and brain development, as well as a wide variety of superfoods for antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that promote a healthy immune system. Probiotics and healthy fiber will help your Mini American Shepherd develop and healthy digestive system.
Other Health Considerations
It’s important to feed your Mini American Shepherd puppy a recipe with lean protein sources. This small breed is prone to becoming overweight with too many treats or unhealthy food, which can stress his bones and joints. Introduce your pup to a variety of protein sources such as fish, chicken, turkey and wild game. Wholeprey recipes contain all parts of the animal – meat, organs, cartilage and bone – and are considered an exceptional form of protein for your puppy. Look for chondroitin and glucosamine to promote healthy joints, either as an additive or from a natural source such as chicken meal.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Miniature American Shepherds
- Best Training Book for Miniature American Shepherds