Best Puppy Foods for Norwegian Lundehunds
Here are our puppy foods for Norwegian Lundehund reviews.
Formulating their food after a wolf’s diet, the Blue Buffalo recipe for puppies will give your Norwegian Lundehund the energy they need. Real chicken provides ample protein and there are no grains or artificial flavors used.
- Enriched with LifeSource bits that are a blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Supports brain and eye health with taurine.
- Includes DHA and ARA for healthy growth.
Your growing Norwegian Lundehund will get a lot of benefit from Purina Pro Plan’s specially formulated Puppy Chicken and Rice Formula Dry Dog Food. This dry food is enriched with DHA-filled fish oil for brain development as well as calcium and phosphorus for strong teeth and bones.
- Plenty of protein for lean muscles
- Chicken is the first ingredient for high-quality protein
- Has live probiotics and antioxidants for digestive and immune system health.
Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Healthy Development Small Bites Dry Dog Food is specially designed to provide your Norwegian Lundehund puppy with precise nutrition for their healthy development. Its main ingredients are wholesome chicken and barley and also include balanced materials that support the mind, muscle, skeletal, and immune function development.
- Smaller kibble size for easy digestion
- DHA and fish oil support eye and brain growth
- Antioxidants and Vitamin C and E support the immune system
To fuel your growing Norwegian Lundehund puppy’s growing body, American Journey Puppy Food has real, deboned lamb that’s filled with protein and amino acids. It also includes wholesome fruits and vegetables to give your Norwegian Lundehund puppy the energy it needs along with fiber, phytonutrients, and antioxidants.
- Grain and filler-free for a puppy’s sensitive stomach
- High protein content
- Fiber-rich ingredients like sweet potatoes and chickpeas for energy
CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Puppy Real Chicken, Lentil & Whole Egg Recipe Dry Dog Food is nutritious and healthy for Norwegian Lundehund puppies. Chicken is the first ingredient and provides high levels of protein for strong and lean muscle development. Vegetables provide holistic nutrition, and there is no corn, wheat, soy, or any unnecessary fillers and grains.
- Made with only nine simple, high-quality food ingredients
- Cooked with Canidae’s HealthPlus blend of probiotics, omega-3, fatty acids, and antioxidants
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors
Puppy Food for Norwegian Lundehund Puppy Buyer’s Guide
A healthy Norwegian Lundehund puppy will thrive off of a high-protein, low-fat diet. High-protein diets for puppies are essential for their lean muscle growth. The foods should also not be full of fillers that just add unnecessary calories with no nutritional content. High-quality puppy foods generally will work well to keep your Norwegian Lundehund puppy’s development in check.
Here are some general factors to keep in mind when buying puppy food for your Norwegian Lundehund.
Some dog owners may think it is fine feeding their puppies adult dog food. Contrary to popular belief, puppy food especially is formulated for them and is very different from adult dog food.
Puppy food has a whole different set and quantity of nutritional ingredients that are formulated for their rapid growth into adults. Puppies are very delicate and vulnerable during their growing stage and require the correct nutrition to become healthy adults.
Food for puppies usually has a much higher caloric intake than adult dog food and will be enriched with fatty acids and micronutrients to promote their growth. They will also contain more protein, fats, calcium, and phosphorus to encourage proper muscle and bone development.
If puppies are not fed the correct food for their age and size, they might not develop as fast and may also face health problems in the future.
Many new Norwegian Lundehund owners may be wondering if they should feed their puppy wet or dry food. It is usually recommended to get your puppies used to dry kibble as soon as possible after weaning.
This is because dry foods are more nutritionally dense and much more convenient to serve and store. Wet food may be tastier, but it is recommended as an occasional meal rather than the majority of their diet.
It is important to feed your Norwegian Lundehund puppy a diet with protein being majorly in the form of meat. Puppies need meat as their source of protein for their growth, and unfortunately, nowadays, many lower quality dog foods are using vegetables as sources of protein. Vegetable protein does not have the necessary amino acids that are available in meat.
The food should ideally be enriched with vitamins, fatty acids, and amino acids to supplement your puppy’s mind and body growth. The food should also be high in calories as a puppy needs a lot of energy.
While the food should be full of protein and calories, the fat content should not be high! Putting on a lot of weight can take a toll on their health and may cause obesity.
In the United States, all the dog food companies must adhere to the standards established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO). Never feed your Norwegian Lundehund any food that does not have this certification.
Make sure that the AAFCO certification also matches the life stage your dog is in; in your case, it should specify that the nutritional requirements are adequate for your Norwegian Lundehund puppy.
- How Much Does A Norwegian Lundehund Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Crate for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Bed for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Brush for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Toys for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Collar for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Harness for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Training Book for Norwegian Lundehunds