Known to be butcher dogs, the Rottweilers used to herd & pull carts laden with butchered meat, their strong willingness to work and intelligence has now made them guard as well as police dogs. Such a highly active breed requires an optimal amount of exercise and calories in order to keep up with their energy requirements. A lack of physical activity or a lack of proper nutrition may arise potentially dangerous behavior or make them overweight; excessive weight gain can make them prone to disorders like hip dysplasia and Osteochondritis dissecans.
Therefore, their diet plays an important role in keeping up with their calm and confident temperament, along with stimulating their healthy growth. Confused about an appropriate diet for your young Rottweiler? Taking your doubts into consideration, we have reviewed five best puppy foods for Rottweilers.
Best Puppy Foods for Rottweilers
Here are our puppy foods for Rottweilers reviews.
1. Taste of the Wild High-Prairie Puppy Formula Grain Free Dry Dog Food
Taste of the Wild High-Prairie Puppy Formula Grain Free Dry Dog Food is formulated with protein-rich buffalo and bison for toned muscles and peas and sweet potatoes filled with antioxidants for high energy. Wholesome fruits, vegetables, and dry chicory roots provide the essential probiotic support for better digestion, while the chelated amino acids enhance the absorption of nutrients.
- Omega fatty acids support a healthy coat and skin.
- A balanced diet with salmon as its primary ingredient keeps your Rottweiler from allergies.
- This grain-free recipe does not contain any artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
2. American Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-free Puppy Dry Dog Food
With wholesome ingredients, the American Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-free Puppy Dry Dog Food is an apt choice for your young Rottweiler. The protein-rich primary ingredient i.e., deboned lamb, provides your pet with the required energy and toned muscles. Enrich your Rottweiler with essential fibers, phytonutrients, and antioxidants from vegetables and fruits in the ingredient.
- Omega fatty acid, along with DHA stimulates a healthy development of the brain, eyes, and coat.
- Does not contain fillers responsible for excessive weight gain.
- Chickpeas and sweet potatoes provide essential fibers for better digestion.
3. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
The protein-rich Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food comes with an antioxidant-rich supplement called Life Source Bits to provide your young Rottweiler with the energy they require. Deboned chicken is the primary ingredient that stimulates the healthy growth and development of your Rottweiler. Added calcium and phosphorus are necessary for their stronger teeth and bones.
- Small-sized kibbles to suit your Rottweiler.
- DHA and ARA support the healthy development of the brain and eyes.
- Chelated minerals catalyze their immune system, and omega fatty acids maintain their healthy coat.
4. Wellness CORE Grain-free Puppy Chicken & Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food
Formulated with basic but nutritious ingredients, the Wellness CORE Grain-free Puppy Chicken & Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food reduces the probability of triggering allergy among your Rottweiler puppy. This grain-free recipe has protein-rich sources like chicken and turkey as its number one ingredient. Added DHA from salmon oil and flaxseed stimulates a healthy development of the brain and eyes.
- An optimal amount of calories keep your Rottweiler from gaining excessive weight.
- Calcium and phosphorus in the ingredient stimulate the development of stronger teeth and bones.
- Probiotic coated kibbles support healthy digestion.
5. Merrick Grain-free Dry Puppy Food Real Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe
Ensure a high-quality, nutritious diet for your young Rottweiler with Merrick Grain-free Dry Puppy Food Real Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe. With 60% protein content, it regulates the healthy growth of your Rottweiler, along with maintaining their lean muscles. The remaining 40% constitutes essential fibers, vitamins, and minerals from wholesome fruits and vegetables. Its small-sized kibbles also contain omega fatty acids necessary to maintain their healthy coat and skin.
- DHA supports cognitive development.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin provide mobility support.
- Grain and gluten-free dry dog food.
Puppy Foods For Rottweilers Buyer’s Guide
Rottweiler cannot be controlled by everyone. This guardian and self-confident breed require formal training along with mental stimulation to prevent them from destructive behavior. The young Rottweilers require a larger amount of protein to stimulate their healthy growth and development. A lack of nutrition from such an early age can be a reason for long term damage. There are certain factors that must be put into consideration before buying a puppy food for your Rottweiler. We have provided you with some of the most important factors regarding a suitable purchase for your Rottweiler.
Appropriate nutrition-rich puppy food will not cost an arm and a leg. Finding a cost-effective product with all the necessary elements is not a difficult task. You must ensure that the selected diet contains a protein-rich meal with other wholesome ingredients at a pocket-friendly price. However, you can always avail of the discounts provided by the respective sellers.
A high-quality meal, along with a meat-based primary ingredient, is essential for the proper growth and development of Rottweiler puppies. It should have a high protein content as compared to the diet for adult Rottweilers.
Moreover, added calcium and phosphorus keeps their teeth and bones stronger. Wholesome fruits and vegetables contain essential fibers, vitamins, and minerals to provide them with the required energy. While chelated amino acids stimulate better absorption of food, prebiotic fiber supports their digestive system. Other ingredients like glucosamine and chondroitin provide mobility support, and DHA catalyzes their cognitive development. Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids are essential for maintaining their coat and skin health.
The selected food must not include grain, soy, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Excessive weight gain can be a reason for numerous diseases like hip dysplasia, Osteochondritis dissecans, arthritis, breathing issues, diabetes, heart diseases and may affect their reproductive health as well. Therefore, an optimum amount of calories is necessary to maintain a healthy weight. It is recommended to consult a veterinarian to know the exact amount of calories required for your young Rottweiler.
As the Rottweilers are not hypoallergenic, they are more prone to allergies. The cause can be a certain type of herb and spice or as common as chicken, beef, turkey, potatoes, other fruits, and vegetables. It would help if you opted for a grain-free recipe as they are most likely to act as an allergen for your Rottweiler. Consult a veterinarian to know the exact cause.
We recommend you to go for dry dog food as it has larger calorie density as compared to wet dog food. Your Rottweiler will require a larger quantity of the latter to provide them with the same amount of energy. Before opting for specialized food, you must consult a veterinarian.
- How Much Does A Rottweiler Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Rottweilers
- Best Dog Crate for Rottweilers
- Best Dog Bed for Rottweilers
- Best Dog Brush for Rottweilers
- Best Dog Toys for Rottweilers
- Best Dog Collar for Rottweilers
- Best Dog Harness for Rottweilers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Rottweilers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Rottweilers
- Best Training Book for Rottweilers