Best Puppy Food for Shih Tzus
Here are our Shih Tzu puppy food reviews.
The Instinct Puppy Grain Free Natural Dry Dog Food is a high-protein kibble perfect for Shih Tzus in their formative years. It is made with calcium and phosphorus for bone and teeth strength, and natural DHA for brain and eye development.
- Limited component diet with single animal protein source
- Dried natural cage free chicken
- Fiber blends promotes healthy digestion
The NUTRO WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS Puppy Dry Dog Food is a nutrient-dense food ideal for puppy Shih Tzus. This dog food is made with calcium to build strong bones and joints, which is important for an active dog like a Shih Tzu.
- Essential antioxidants for a healthy immune system
- Omega 3 fatty acids to support development
- Available with chicken or lamb as main component
The Royal Canin Size Nutrition Mini Puppy Dry Dog Food is a great deal on a high quality dog food for puppy Shih Tzus. The small kibble size is designed for puppies during their intense growth period. It will help to boost a Shih Tzus immune system with a blend of anti-oxidants and vitamins.
- Meets the high energy needs of a puppy
- Highly digestible proteins and prebiotics promote healthy digestion
- Perfect for Shih Tzus up to 10 months old
The Natural Balance Mixture L.I.D Dry Dog Food is a good value, varied food for puppies. It provides a range of nutrition that a Shih Tzu puppies need. Smaller kibble is used to support smaller teeth and easy digestion.
- Grain free formula
- Made from real, natural components
- Includes prebiotics and omega
The NUTRO ULTRA Puppy Dry Dog Food is a highly nutritional food for Shih Tzu puppies. This dog food contains a trio of proteins and is tailored to meet the nutritional needs of growing puppies. It also promotes brain growth development.
- Contains chicken, lamb and salmon
- Contains 15 super foods
- Specially formulated for puppies
Puppy Food for Shih Tzu Buyer’s Guide
Purchasing the right puppy food for a Shih Tzu is an absolutely essential choice for a dog owner. The price of around $20 is well worth the cost when you consider the benefits healthy food can have on the development of a dog in its formative months. This is especially true with Shih Tzus as they are active dogs and so need good quality nutrients to help their muscles to repair and grow. Therefore it is vital to fuel them with high quality nutrition.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog food for Shih Tzu puppies on the market so you can choose the right food for your puppy. The following are attributes commonly found when looking at dog food for Shih Tzus which will help you to choose the best food for your dog.
Diets vary for Shih Tzu depending on whether they are fully developed yet. Adults can handle whole meats and more nutrient dense food, whereas puppy Shih Tzus will need smaller food as their teeth may not be able to break down larger chunks. Antioxidants are especially important for puppies as they help to develop their immune system and fight off viruses.
Proteins & Carbohydrates
Shih Tzu will thrive when eating a diet rich in animal proteins and some carbohydrates. This is due to their high speed output, and their energetic instincts, which burns off a lot of energy throughout a day. With all of this physical work, it is vital that they get proteins to repair and strengthen their muscles while they rest. Meat based protein is great for Shih Tzu puppies.
The more easily digestible the dog food is for a Shih Tzu puppy, the easier it will be for it to absorb the vital nutrients from the food.
Vitamins & Fatty Acids
The level of importance of vitamins in a Shih Tzu puppy’s diet shouldn’t be overlooked. Vitamin E and Omega-6 fatty acids will help their coat growth. Vitamins are also vital to help the immune system to develop in a puppy Shih Tzu. A mixture of fatty acids and vitamins will make for a happy, healthy and thriving dog.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Crate for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Bed for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Brush for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Toys for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Collar for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Harness for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Muzzle for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Shampoo for Shih Tzus