Native to the North African countries, these Sloughis are adored by dog lovers all over the world for their sensible and optimistic nature. Unlike most dogs, Sloughis respond excellently to early puppy training sessions, and they adapt well to the crate life. Although adult Sloughis aren’t that into playing, Sloughi puppies can’t suppress their willingness to play.
This hound dog is loyal and affectionate towards their surrogate family. If you are thinking of adopting this noble dog, it is high time you started looking for good puppy foods online. To help you up in this process, we have listed below some popular puppy food brands.
Best Puppy Foods for Sloughis
Here are our puppy foods for Sloughis reviews.
1. Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Chicken Meal & Oat Recipe Dry Dog Food
This Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Chicken Meal & Oat Recipe Dry Dog Food is an excellent choice for cheerful and optimistic Sloughis. This puppy food includes a delicious chicken meal, oats, whole grain wheat, and many other ingredients to keep your puppy healthy. If your puppy is less than a year old, the abundance of calcium in it will help in the growth of its bone.
- The puppy food is available in 15.5 lb and 30 lb bags.
- The availability of Glucosamine will help your Sloughi in getting strong muscles.
- There are several kinds of vitamins in this food.
2. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
This Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is a great choice for dog parents if your Sloughi puppy’s well-being is your prime concern. The addition of veggies and fruits helps the dog meet its nutritional requirements in every way. The availability of DHA and ARA keeps its eyesight healthy and also boosts its intellectual standard.
- There are several fatty acids in the food which keep the dog’s skin healthy.
- Several essential vitamins act as an immunity shield.
- The puppy food is good for coats and teeth too.
3. Nutro Wholesome Essentials Large Breed Puppy Farm Raised Chicken, Brown Rice & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food
This Nutro Wholesome Essentials Large Breed Puppy Farm Raised Chicken, Brown Rice & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food fills your Sloughi’s body with energy and stamina. This savory commercial food consists of dried chicken and lamb meals, along with a few grains. There isn’t a single bit of artificial ingredient in it.
- Fatty acids support your Sloughi in skeletal growth.
- The food is full of unique flavors for its variety of ingredients.
- It contains potassium iodide, which provides a good hormonal balance.
4. Authority Chicken & Rice Formula Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
Available in three varied sized bags, this Authority Chicken & Rice Formula Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food fills the bowl of your Sloughi puppy with all kinds of nutrition. Loaded with an adequate amount of carbohydrate and fat, this delicious food helps the puppy gain weight in no time. Vets recommend this kibble because of its oral care quality.
- The food is rich in EPA.
- It reduces the formation of tartar.
- The food keeps the Sloughi puppy hydrated for the whole day.
5. Instinct Raw Boost Large Breed Puppy Grain-Free Recipe
The unique taste and flavor of this Instinct Raw Boost Large Breed Puppy Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken & Freeze-Dried Raw Pieces Dry Dog Food will make it your Sloughi puppy’s favorite. This delicious food contains tomato, fish, lamb, and many other items along with the frozen chicken. The presence of zinc, iron, sodium, and copper takes very good care of its metabolism function.
- This is a high-calorie food as each cup contains around 485 Kcal.
- There are blueberries and pumpkin in this food.
- It doesn’t contain any grain, wheat, or potato.
Puppy Foods For Sloughis Buyer’s Guide
Just like a human baby, the first year after birth is very important for the growth of puppies too. Those who own a Sloughi puppy know that overeating can lead them towards obesity. That is why it is essential to give it well-balanced food so that in 2 cups per meal, they obtain all the necessary curbs. Now that there are so many brands coming up every day with puppy foods, it is hard for Sloughi parents to choose the right one. To facilitate the shopping for you, here are a few guidelines.
For a puppy, the diet should include a proportionate amount of carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamin, and minerals. The first three are essential for your Sloughi’s growing days. Besides, vitamin prevents your Sloughi puppy from falling sick frequently. Nowadays, almost everything prints the recipe ingredient details on the rear side of the pack. So, check them, and if you find any item which your Sloughi is allergic to, eliminate that food product.
Although all the puppy foods are designed to provide the required amount of energy to dogs, some brands add some extra features to make them unique. Along with the most sought after chicken diet, these manufacturers are adding turkey, pork, fish, duck, and lamb meat to make the food more savory and flavorful.
For most food packets, it is printed on the back how many cups of food dogs need according to their weight range. This is important because the calorie value for every food is different for a single cup. For your Sloughi puppy, two scoops of food thrice a day would be more than enough.
Some bags arrive at your doorstep with plastic lock quality. It doesn’t allow the air to come in and keeps the kibble crunchy for a longer amount of days. As a result, you can buy the jumbo-sized bag of puppy food without any worry. Some food brands also use natural food preservatives like rosemary extract and many others. This way, you can store the food in your refrigerator for weeks.
So, read the above guidelines and surprise your adorable Sloughi puppy with the best-suited food.
- How Much Does A Sloughi Cost?
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dry Dog Food
- Best Wet Dog Food
- Best Senior Dog Food
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomachs
- Best Dog Food for Allergies
- Best Dog Food for Sloughis
- Best Dog Crate for Sloughis
- Best Dog Bed for Sloughis
- Best Dog Brush for Sloughis
- Best Dog Toys for Sloughis
- Best Dog Collar for Sloughis
- Best Dog Harness for Sloughis
- Best Dog Muzzle for Sloughis
- Best Dog Shampoo for Sloughis
- Best Training Book for Sloughis